• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

WTB: 2 Short beds.

Lysons

Reaction score
Dads 08 needs a silver short bed, preferably with FX4 stickers.
My 03 needs a black short bed, don't care if it's a 99 or a 13.
Just need the right price and needs to be in Canada or a really good deal in the US. Also, not rust is important.
Looking to spend $650 or less for one box.
Please PM if you can help.

jaybuller

Reaction score
Just to through this out there but I'm in need of a red short bed for my truck! Have been looking for years now. They have them around me but the cheapest is 1600 for a rust free shirt bed that has debts and dings! The prestine ones are over 2000 round here! If you get a good scoop on were to get one at a reasonable price remember me and pm me after you get yours ! Good luck

Lysons

Reaction score
For some reason, every time I find a decent short box on kijiji for a good price, it's gone within 20 minutes of the ad going up.
And sootie, how much do you want to spend?
I have found LOTS of those.

blackie375

Reaction score
I'm looking for a shortbed for my 00 in southern ohio. found 1 in ky and the guy told me 3000 and I almost fell down

sootie

Reaction score
I don't want to spend over 1k to my door. You're in the rite spot of the country to find boxes for sure.... I'm over in Ontario

Lysons

Reaction score
I don't want to spend over 1k to my door. You're in the rite spot of the country to find boxes for sure.... I'm over in Ontario

I saw one for $600 a while ago.
It was an 08 take off, lemme see if I can find it.

***EDIT***
Found a few that might be worth checking out.

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...0-F350-Superduty-Boxes-New-W0QQAdIdZ541569575

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=537126344&Keyword=F250

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...uto-body-parts-8-truck-box-W0QQAdIdZ542387103 <----- best deal IMO, comes with bumper, bolts and tailgate.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
You arent getting a shortbed for under 1500 bucks in the usa.

The lonbeds off white work.trucks.can be found for 1k-1700

New shortbeds with gate and lights are 2800 dollars. Firm. 2100 will get you a new, current model year box and gate shell. Thats what is driving the price, imo.

One more reason to.stick tobthe 8' beds,lol. Given what Ive learned a rusty bed that needs work is gonna cost 1200+. Cheapest bed without rust Ive seen was 1800. It had adhesive lines where the flares.were glued on.

sootie

Reaction score
dude! thanks for the links...

if you see that 08 one lmk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, I guess so. I was putting the information out for others.

I gave what they are going for used from private party sellers and what you can buy a new piece from ford for.

Im sure there are better deals to be had but one shouldnt expect them given the usual prices.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Ty, is pretty much spot on with prices.

I have several SBs in right now, but none are going for less then $1500. None of them have rust but none are bolt on perfect either.

A bolt on perfect SB with gate will and does bring 3K. Fixing rust on bedsides and cross members is more work and will not save you any money. That is another reason the prices are where they're at.

I don't think you can buy a complete bed from ford. Only in pieces, bed sides, floor, head board, etc...

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ty, is pretty much spot on with prices.

I have several SBs in right now, but none are going for less then $1500. None of them have rust but none are bolt on perfect either.

A bolt on perfect SB with gate will and does bring 3K. Fixing rust on bedsides and cross members is more work and will not save you any money. That is another reason the prices are where they're at.

I don't think you can buy a complete bed from ford. Only in pieces, bed sides, floor, head board, etc...

Complete? No. You get the whole shell. The bed is complete. But you need the hardware for.the gate. In other words, the gate isnt on the bed when you get it. Need lights, wires, the strikes for the gate latches, the handle, the emblem, the guts that go in the tailgate. Im really not sure of the cost there. Probably you'd wanna get those.parts elsewhere first. Or use your old stuff.

Example:my 00 needs a bed. Ican get a 13 takeoff for 2800 with gate,lights, and everything needex to bolt it on. But the thre guys in my local town who do decent enough work on something I have to look at everyday are two grand just to get a brand new bec repainted. Its no cheap venture.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Complete? No. You get the whole shell. The bed is complete. But you need the hardware for.the gate. In other words, the gate isnt on the bed when you get it. Need lights, wires, the strikes for the gate latches, the handle, the emblem, the guts that go in the tailgate. Im really not sure of the cost there. Probably you'd wanna get those.parts elsewhere first. Or use your old stuff.

Example:my 00 needs a bed. Ican get a 13 takeoff for 2800 with gate,lights, and everything needex to bolt it on. But the thre guys in my local town who do decent enough work on something I have to look at everyday are two grand just to get a brand new bec repainted. Its no cheap venture.

I called my dealer today to double check on the complete shell. It has been discontinued. I have to assume that it was only offered for a very short period of time. Retail on '10 back with a gate was $3700 this was a SB. Not sure on 8ft.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
you can only get the 11+ beds due to the change in the wheel wells. ford doesnt offer the older ones anymore because of the change.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Right. You.can get whatever the current model is in either sb or lb. Complete, well sorta.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
We can get a short bed brand new from ford with tail gate but no plastic trim for a good amount under 2k. Might want to look into a new bed.

Latest posts

Members online