Another cracked piston

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Was driving stopped at a light idling rough. Has more blow by and fuel comin out ccv. No codes though. I love this truck.

Reaction score
Sucks. That's why the whole doing it all at once mentality has came about. Keeps from all the repeat breakages. Hopefully you'll get to have it all "bulletproofed" this time. I've been there before. Not fun.

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Sucks. That's why the whole doing it all at once mentality has came about. Keeps from all the repeat breakages. Hopefully you'll get to have it all "bulletproofed" this time. I've been there before. Not fun.

Yea this sucks. In def over it.

78f100

Reaction score
I understand your frustration but that truck was fast for what you had done to it. After you put new pistons in it should hold up a long time, good luck.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Holy sh!t man. That is terrible luck. Are your pistons stockers? Anything else done to the bottom end at all?

Really hoping to not have the same issues, but Im skeptical. Hope you get it going soon.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
If the cylinder walls aren't scored, is it possible just to swap pistons without pulling the bottom end apart?

Reaction score
If the cylinder walls aren't scored, is it possible just to swap pistons without pulling the bottom end apart?

Have to pull the engine to get the pan off. And taking the pan off and rods out to change pistons pretty well constitutes pulling the bottom end apart no matter how you slice it. If the bore is good then you may not have to take the whole engine down to a bare block and have it bored.

Robbie,

Hate to hear your frustrations, but you will never have a trouble free vehicle unless it's stock. Just comes with the territory.

Not to make light of your situation, but I've seen and had WAY worse things happen. Try building a whole new fully built engine and going 60 miles, loose a gallon of coolant, and pull it all back apart and buy a brand new block..... I believe Dillon knows how that is. Or being trapped 6 hours from home with a rod hanging out of the side of your block and a trailer hooked to the hitch.

Most of us have all had time where it seems like it can't get worse. But keep on, it's way more fun than quitting. Besides you'll get bored and get back into it after a while and do it all again.... Ask me how I know!

Latest posts

Members online