10" lift obs questions

OBS

Reaction score
I'm looking to put a 10 inch lift on my cc lwb 4x4 7.3 obs. I'm going to run 37s on 22x14 fuels. Now I've looked at lifts for a long time and noticed a shortage of them for these older trucks. The best one I've found is atlas suspension. They're not cheap but they look pretty good quality. They only sell leafs, though. My question is, after I have the four leafs, what all will i need also?

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
Ok, why only 37s on a 10" lift? Easily attainable with a smaller lift. I would look more into a 4" rsk with 4" lift springs to have a nice ride with a good height even for the 37s. But mainly you will need new hardware for the springs, u-bolts, drop pitman arm, extended brake lines, and drop bracket for the carrier bearing.

OBS

Reaction score
Oh, I know the TIRES would fit, but 14" wide rims just don't work with anything smaller as they would rub bad. Also, i kinda like the look. And thanks!

Wes Lewis

Reaction score
I would try going coil springs in the front, springs that are that arched will be stiff.

Like you said the tires fit, I got 37x12.50s on a 7 inch lift, the rim width is what's gonna be the issue

You'll need to get a drop track bar bracket and a high steer kit could help with bump steer

OBS

Reaction score
I would look into an rsk and little less spring for better ride tho, 4" rsk and 6" spring
So i found a 4" and 5" RSK by skyjacker. You're saying i should get one of them on top of 6" leafs? Wouldn't this leave the front 4/5" taller in the front?

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
I don't think 10 would be needed to clear 14 wides I had roughly 9 inches of lift with 44x18.5x16.5 ground hawgs on 12 wide wheels cleared fine minimal spring contact at full crank

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
So i found a 4" and 5" RSK by skyjacker. You're saying i should get one of them on top of 6" leafs? Wouldn't this leave the front 4/5" taller in the front?

Look into a precision metal fabrication or sky rsk. A rsk will move the frame mounts down 4" then you add 6" springs= 10" total lift.

Krause

Reaction score

Skyjacker does not make an RSK kit, certainly not for a OBS truck, so not sure what you are referring to here. Sky manufacturing makes a RSK kit typically used in conjunction with superduty springs for up to 5 inch lift. Anything beyond that, and you will have to buy lift springs (likely for a SD) to use in combination with an RSK kit, as others have mentioned. Either that, or just buy/have custom leaf packs made to accomplish 10 inches lift with your current setup, but it will ride terrible (with that much lift, its gonna ride terrible regardless if you go with RSK or not).

You will need a drop track bar bracket, longer brake lines, some form of modified steering setup (drop pitman arm and crossover steering etc etc...), carrier bearing drop bracket, likely some shimming of the pinion angle at the rear axle, possibly a longer driveshaft for rear although not sure on that, and almost certainly a longer driveshaft for the front if you want to retain 4wd capabilities.

Sounds to me like you may need to do a bit more research before going after this. 6 inches of lift you can get away with some stuff; 10 inches lift and things start to get a bit more difficult. There are Tons of RSK threads kicking around here and on various other forms that you can look at to see what it takes just to do 3-4 inches properly with the RSK mod.

Latest posts

Members online