how easy or hard is it to install exhaust

04redcrew

Reaction score
hey guys i just bought a 5'' flo pro exhaust and i was wondering how hard or easy it will be to install it myself. Its from the down pipe back also.

Thanks Brad

raptor

Reaction score
i have installed them on 7.3 6.0 and it pretty easy takes about 20 minites to get old out unless you cut it after down pipe and muffler then 1o min but get a 2 person to help hold it while making connection and it goes much easier and you can do the whole project in about 35 minutes or less

RedRice589

Reaction score
Not bad at all the Dpf sux because it's so heavy. But all of the rest of the parts are bolted together come right apart pretty easy. The downpipe it's hard to tighten up. Bad position to bolt to. Not impossible by any means... Took me an hour. Also good to have help.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Only if you don't have short tools to tighten up that top npbolt on the downpipe lol like I said that Dpf is heavy so help is nice. Wasn't bad for me but could be if you have a bad back.

04redcrew

Reaction score
i work on a farm we have about everything lol. I just want to double check with h&s i dont need the bungs or exhaust sensors right?

RedRice589

Reaction score
No I just in clipped mine and tucked them up out of the way with zip ties. Put dielectric grease in them and tape them over so they don't rot out.

Duckdawg

Reaction score
The only hard part to me was getting to some of the plugs to unhook them from the dpf, other than that it was pretty easy and only took about an hour an a half by my self

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04redcrew

Reaction score
The only hard part to me was getting to some of the plugs to unhook them from the dpf, other than that it was pretty easy and only took about an hour an a half by my self

do they unplug or do they screw out? I guess i should just go look under my truck lol

RedRice589

Reaction score
do they unplug or do they screw out? I guess i should just go look under my truck lol

Depends. They all unplug up by clips. And the sensors themselves screw into the Dpf. Easy peasy. The DEF injector I have half azz end undone though. Idk what to do with it. Lol

Duckdawg

Reaction score
I just unplugged mine cause that's what the instructions that came with my exhaust said to do lol plus I needed one of the sensors for my egr delete

04redcrew

Reaction score
ok guys finally went and looked under my truck and it scared me haha. I think i saw 2 or 3 sensors and it looked to be also 3 egt sensors. What did you guys do with your egt sensors my new exhaust didnt come with anything for the egt senors to bolt into? Sorry for so many questions guys

RedRice589

Reaction score
They all have clips buddy just trace from the sensor up the wires and they're attached up higher. You'll see. Just lay down and look at it for a minute. You'll see what I'm saying.