Best transmission?

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
I'm about to order a Trans. I'm thinking an Elite stage 4 with deep pan and tow upgrade. Already have a converter. Is there another company I should consider, or buy the Elite? Thanks.

sootie

Reaction score
Morgan @ Midwest. stand up dude and wont stop until you're satisfied.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Elite. They work very well , I have no experience with Midwest to speak of but I've had a few elite trans and they perform flawlessly.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Sub'd. Will be looking soon to do this myself. How about Suncoast. I've always heard great things.

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

madman1234509

Reaction score
For the simple fact that I couldn't het a hold of anyone at elite by phone the couple times over the last year or two to order basic parts, I'd go somewhere else for something as big as building a trans.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
I will agree that Elite is a bit hard to get on the phone.. I will also say that my buddy just lost his stage 3 and Elite told him they would stand behind it 100%. I also think he is a bit frustrated with getting them on the phone for updates.

Last time I bought some parts from Morgan, he did me right and answered my calls. That simple little thing goes a long ways in my book!

madman1234509

Reaction score
It does.... not being able to get what you need in a timely fashion, or something as simple as getting them on the phone to answer questions.... Not just to take your money. Most parts are the same or have the same couple manufacturers so I wouldn't worry about who puts their name on it. Go with whoever gives you the best customer service. Building it isn't rocket science. The guy that did mine just followed the manual

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Makes good sense. The thought crossed my mind to order the parts and have a local shop build it but im afraid they wouldn't stand behind it if something stupid fail and took the whole ball of wax out. I also think someone that kind of specializes in these trucks might know a few things about building a trans then a local shop would.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
I think he emailed me about selling me a trans. I asked if he had a web site I could look at and he sent me Elites web site lol. Kinda confused ha.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I think he emailed me about selling me a trans. I asked if he had a web site I could look at and he sent me Elites web site lol. Kinda confused ha.

Lol I did... I assumed you were wanting to look at trans options! Either way - Absolute's website isn't quite ready yet. Let me know if I can help!

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Usually people are waiting for a stage 4 or stage 5 because we are the only company offering that level. A suncoast kit with billet internals is not a stage 4, at best, that's equivalent to our Stage 3. When other trans building companies keep burning up their units built off of a suncoast kit, they call and order a stage 4 kit from us. If you have questions on a stage 4 trans and why it differs from all the cookie cutters out there, just call and leave me a message. I will call you back, it may not be immediately because I'm super busy building transmissions, but I have been good about returning all my calls.

BTW, love my Elite trans.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Usually people are waiting for a stage 4 or stage 5 because we are the only company offering that level. A suncoast kit with billet internals is not a stage 4, at best, that's equivalent to our Stage 3. When other trans building companies keep burning up their units built off of a suncoast kit, they call and order a stage 4 kit from us. If you have questions on a stage 4 trans and why it differs from all the cookie cutters out there, just call and leave me a message. I will call you back, it may not be immediately because I'm super busy building transmissions, but I have been good about returning all my calls.

BTW, love my Elite trans.

So on a stage 4 what is the turn around time frame one would be looking at

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

Latest posts

Members online