6.4 rough idle/smoke issues.. help

MDrumm03

Reaction score
Hey guys I could really use some help here. I have a 2008 F250 6.4 with 125k mi. I recently ran into some issues with it.. I have a H&S mini maxx with DPF delete, recently put on a River City EGR delete, and straight 5in. exhaust. When I crank the truck over it kind of makes a little struggle and then fires up. It doesn't really idle bad but it blows a blue haze out the exhaust until it warms up, then its no longer as bad. Well im pretty positive it has blown headgaskets because once its warm it will shoot blow by out the oil dipstick and it also looks like its coming out from under the degas bottle too... I had a check engine light come on and it said Cylinder #1 Contribution/Balance, and Glow plug #4. I replaced the injector on cylinder #1 with a used injector I had purchased.. still no difference..also for someone reason my check air filter light started to come on. may be irrelevant to all of this but just figured id throw it out there.

sootie

Reaction score
when the truck is running, take off the oil fill cap and have a look at the blow by. does it pulsate? is there a lot of it?

MDrumm03

Reaction score
I will try to post a video, not to sure of how to do that though.. and its a constant decent amount... if you take the cap off the oil fill and just let it sit on top it doesnt blow the cap off of the hole. someone told me thats a way to tell how bad it is..

MDrumm03

Reaction score
So what would be the cause of the odd sounding start and the blue smoke from the exhaust? I bought a set of used injectors off ebay.. I mean I guess its possible i replaced mine with another bad one... but I know the headgaskets have to be bad...