Help Troubleshooting P2263

kylebryan

Reaction score
Hey guys, any help here is appreciated.

I recently started getting the p2263 code without a CEL. After doing a lot of reading about this issue i went ahead and purchased a EBP sensor / tube from ford and replaced it. P2263 seemed to have gone away but yesterday after a 300 mile trip my CEL came on with the same P2263 code. I hadnt seen a CEL before for this code so it kind of worried me. I have monitored my EBP, MAP, VGTDC and MGP closely and they all appear to be working and reporting correctly. Mods are listed below. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

2010 F250
Spartan Tuner 275EL
EGR Delete
Intake Elbow and CAC Tube
4" turbo back exhaust
AFE drop in filter

Last edited:

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
It is your EBP sensor, I used to have that problem all the time... also check your filter minder, see if it is closed. Does your truck sound different?

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Id try the map sensor. The sensor can get gunk on it from the ccv and egr system. Mine would actually freeze up in the winter so there is crap that builds up in there. You could also pull the ebp tube off the pipe and rod it with a heavy gauge wire while the truck is running to make sure there isn't an excessive build up of carbon in there that is plugging it off in the port.

kylebryan

Reaction score
EBP and MAP are both reading correctly. The EBP and tube have been replaced as stated in the OP.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I realize that. My map was intermittent. And carbon can accumulate at the erg cooler inlet it the coolers have been removed or the valve has been disabled. Just trying start small and simple first.

groove

Reaction score
Have a good look at the electrical connection on the EBP sensor. I was having similar issues with P2263 codes. After I replaced the EBP it would be fine for a while and then I would see the values start to go sideways on my Mini Max. Messed with this for a while until I noticed it the connection was a little loose..replaced the pigtail and problem solved.
Same connector is common to the MAP sensor too, but computer seems to rely on the EBP a little more.

kylebryan

Reaction score
I changed tunes and I'm going to see if it changes. If the Code comes back I'll take that plate off to check.