New to the 6.4

Cfriga

Reaction score
Just bought a 2010 lariat with 60xxx miles 6inch lift on 37's. Had it two weeks and so far everything seems legit. Perfect interior and damn near flawless outside for being 4 yrs old. My question is. Is all the hype about the 6.4 as bad as I read? I know a dpf delete is a must but that ll come with time. Anything I should be looking for? Any tell tell signs something's bout to **** out on me?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just bought a 2010 lariat with 60xxx miles 6inch lift on 37's. Had it two weeks and so far everything seems legit. Perfect interior and damn near flawless outside for being 4 yrs old. My question is. Is all the hype about the 6.4 as bad as I read? I know a dpf delete is a must but that ll come with time. Anything I should be looking for? Any tell tell signs something's bout to **** out on me?

delete it sooner than later . save the pistons and bottom end. let me know if I can help you with anything you might need.

Cfriga

Reaction score
Ya I hear the over fueling is bad on these. I traded my '06 6.6 in on this. I'm just hoping I don't regret it. This is my first ford. I appreciate the input

sootie

Reaction score
delete it right away with an SCT or a mini maxx and run gearhead custom tunes. his hot street tune is plenty fun and not quite enough to break stuff while driving responsibly. change the oil and fuel filters religiously. drive it.

boostintalon

Reaction score
If you choose to delete with SCT you only have one option for tunes that are capable of deleting. It's on eBay. So delete tunes with a sct tuner ends up almost 900 bucks. Your better off to go with a spartan or mini max if you ask me. But I love my 6.4. Power is amazing and sounds great. Just delete ASAP. Melted pistons would be a pricey bill.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
If you choose to delete with SCT you only have one option for tunes that are capable of deleting. It's on eBay. So delete tunes with a sct tuner ends up almost 900 bucks. Your better off to go with a spartan or mini max if you ask me. But I love my 6.4. Power is amazing and sounds great. Just delete ASAP. Melted pistons would be a pricey bill.

You can only get tunes for a SCT on eBay? LOL

Gearhead and Innovative both can tune on a delete capable SCT device.

boostintalon

Reaction score
As long as it's the off-road device. If you are looking for a device for monitoring though SCT is the livewire device. But they can not delete with that device.

sootie

Reaction score

melted pistons have nothing to do with deleting or not....

RSK

Reaction score
As long as it's the off-road device. If you are looking for a device for monitoring though SCT is the livewire device. But they can not delete with that device.

there are plenty of SCT 3015 OR's available as well in the 700 dollar range brand new still.......that does data logging so you can watch what egt's are climbing a hill if u wanted...

Cfriga

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. Now if I can get the deletes and tuner without the wife divorcing me!! Lol

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. Now if I can get the deletes and tuner without the wife divorcing me!! Lol
I'm in the same boat! Been giving her every excuse I can think of like if I get all this emissions crap off it'll save us money in fuel milage and possibly a 10k motor! So it's 2k now or 10k later! Lol

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

Stroked777

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat! Been giving her every excuse I can think of like if I get all this emissions crap off it'll save us money in fuel milage and possibly a 10k motor! So it's 2k now or 10k later! Lol

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

That's what I told my fiance, she's loves diesels, she knows in detail how a huei and common rail system works lol. She knows that a dpf delete is the way to go. She knows that the emmissons crap will kill a motor because she saw my engine and how worn it was already from having a dpf on for 53k miles, when I had my cab up at 75k.

Latest posts

Members online