Dealership quote on degas bottle, etc.

coxracen43

Reaction score
Went to the local dealership today to get radiator pressure tested due to coolant leaking found under driver side wheel well. They said it wasn't losing any pressure however, evidence of leakage under degas bottle and hose, slight corrosion at left radiator tank.

Recommended me to replace degas bottle, cap, and degas hose, estimated repair $600.75. I declined lol

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
That's crazy, Contact sunrise on here b/c I was just quoted degas bottle list $174.30 sell $125.50 & that supply hose I also have recently replaced (has small oring w/snap ring style like rest of cooling systems) and that wasn't that much. Only thing I still need to invest is an airlift coolant prime tool but I haven't had any problems the 3 times I've refilled mine so far.. Good luck

coxracen43

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! And how have you refilled yours the past 3 times? And how often should it be done? We are talking about the coolant right?

RSK

Reaction score
Went to the local dealership today to get radiator pressure tested due to coolant leaking found under driver side wheel well. They said it wasn't losing any pressure however, evidence of leakage under degas bottle and hose, slight corrosion at left radiator tank.

Recommended me to replace degas bottle, cap, and degas hose, estimated repair $600.75. I declined lol

crossing my fingers that's where my leak is coming from too. Mine drips coolant down the radiator hose onto the track bar and sometimes onto the ground sometimes it doesn't but you can see something was leaking onto the drivers side radius arm...if its as easy as swapping out the degas bottle, it would be done now, and deff check with sunrise ford, there are two threads on here about it, best pricing in the country!

coxracen43

Reaction score
crossing my fingers that's where my leak is coming from too. Mine drips coolant down the radiator hose onto the track bar and sometimes onto the ground sometimes it doesn't but you can see something was leaking onto the drivers side radius arm...if its as easy as swapping out the degas bottle, it would be done now, and deff check with sunrise ford, there are two threads on here about it, best pricing in the country!

Always something with these trucks lol

RSK

Reaction score
Always something with these trucks lol

yah but i'm lazy and procrastinate bad, so my truck could be leak free, sometimes it doesn't leak coolant at all so i'm not sure about it. the oil leak is deff from my crank case vent or lack there of...

coxracen43

Reaction score
yah but i'm lazy and procrastinate bad, so my truck could be leak free, sometimes it doesn't leak coolant at all so i'm not sure about it. the oil leak is deff from my crank case vent or lack there of...
Same here! Sometimes it'll leak and sometimes it won't. And I need to do ccv reroute but I procrastinate bad too..

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Cap, parts store under $10.

Thanks for the input! And how have you refilled yours the past 3 times? And how often should it be done? We are talking about the coolant right?

1. Egr delete, 2. Thermostat replacement w/coolant flush & cat coolant, 3. Thermostat replacement/degas bottle upgrade. I refill & run w/cap off for 20+mins in hope of burping (idk if it helps) the system.

coxracen43

Reaction score
1. Egr delete, 2. Thermostat replacement w/coolant flush & cat coolant, 3. Thermostat replacement/degas bottle upgrade. I refill & run w/cap off for 20+mins in hope of burping (idk if it helps) the system.
Do I need to replace thermostat if I only 30k miles on the truck?

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Mines only at 56K. Idk, peace of mind ($30) here & 2nd round was b/c of hi temps. I'd do Egr delete & flush at the same time if I ever had to do it again. Jayson

coxracen43

Reaction score
Yea I figured I'd do the egr delete at the same time. And thanks for the input!

Latest posts

Members online