thinking about buying this truck....

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
found this truck on craigslist. looks like a decent truck in the pictures, possibly was a fleet truck. looks bone stock. my question is do you think 168k is too many miles? should i just keep looking? this is almost exactly what want(i want a 05-07) considering this configuration is very rare in my area.

here she is...
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/2580625958.html

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
the guy looks like a typical cuban. LOL i really want that reg cab though. i just sent him an email about the service recipts

Atsah

Reaction score
I'd keep looking.. Both engine compartments look pretty nasty..

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
^^^ exactly. Don't settle for the first truck you come across. There are a ton of them out there that might be set up just to your likings.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Been thinking about this thread...throwing in my 2 cents now.

You know your going to have to stud and delete it...that's no surprise. There are 2 types of 6.0 #1 the one that can be fixed by "bulletproofing" #2 the one thats a POS. These #2 types are the ones that stay in the shop for repairs such as dropping fuel pumps injectors oil system failures. Basically just not good for you. You need to be looking for a type one truck. You know to check service records. What you don't want to be on there is something you cant "bullet proof". Facts of life. In the common world engine bays look like s hit, coolant residue will be on the degas bottle, bullydog and edge products are probably the tuner of choice. If you need anymore more guidance or tips on what to look for...by all means post up. It will make ALL the difference in you being happy with or ***king hating your 6.0.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
thanks smut and nice ride hays!

well i just got off the phone with doug, he told me to avoid 03/04s so im looking for a 05/07 4x4 reg cab now...

Atsah

Reaction score
Newer is better.. The only thing that is worse on a 05-07 6.0 is the square EGR cooler as opposed to the 03-04 round cooler.. If I were to buy a newer 6.0 I would delete that for sure..

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have had first hand experience with an 05 that had more problems than any 04 03 Ive ever seen in my life. My 04 motor was pretty good but got stupid. My 07 motor is the shi t.

Atsah

Reaction score
Smut, there are so many factors involved when dealing with a used truck, nevermind a 6.0.. OP, I have had two of them, both 03's, I left them stock and they were both good trucks.. It depends on how it was taken of, if it was modified, how it was used... Unlike most trucks, there is a lot that needs to be taken into consideration when looking at a used 6.0..

Latest posts

Members online