FX4 Rancho shocks

Steamfighter

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with them . I have had 3 friends of mine, 1-2011 F250 gas and 2- F250 diesels have had to replace their shocks before 30k. Garage queens, none are work tricks or have ever been off-road . Have not checked mine yet.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
The factory shocks are cheap crap at best. The "rancho" ones are just cheap ones built for Ford and are nothing special. I don't have an Fx4 but my front shocks were completely shot at 32K when I put my leveling kit on.

RyanD

Reaction score
I got my certified FX4 with 48,000 miles, the first thing I did was change the shocks to Bilstein 5100s. Night and day. One of the front shocks is still in my garage, totally compressed. The boots are open, so I am not surprised these get super dirty and go south quickly. The Bils, IMO, are a great option for the money. Also, easy enough to do solo without pulling the wheels.

14ccd

Reaction score
Ford's factory shocks are junk. My last truck I ordered from the dealer, went home and ordered some Bilsteins so my new shocks were here before my truck, then when the truck came in I had new shocks before the truck had 100 miles on it. The truck I have now I bought off the lot, brought it home and ordered new Bilsteins the same night. So I had new shocks on it before it had 500 miles. In both cases the front shocks were junk, they had no rebound and I could push them in with very little effort.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
There are tons of threads about the Rancho Factory's elsewhere on the net.People with as little as 4000miles were having shocks that you could compress and they would never come back out.I'll be replacing mine with Fox 2.0's shortly.Im just trying to make my mind up if I'm gonna go bigger on the lift or not before I buy them lol.

Charles

carcare

Reaction score
#heavy assault, that made my day after starting a lil stressful. Funny as hell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CallMeColt

Reaction score
My truck has 162,000 & I haven't replaced the shocks... purchased it with 89,000 in 2014. I must be wrong, haha.

JRLott

Reaction score
My truck has 162,000 & I haven't replaced the shocks... purchased it with 89,000 in 2014. I must be wrong, haha.

Even if they aren't "bad" put a set of Bilstien or Fox shocks on it. You'll quickly feel the difference.

Colotl

Reaction score
Changed my Ranchos out on 2015 F250 at only 24K. Went with Fox 2.0. Night and day. Good thing I did, all for Ranchos didn't rebound at all.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online