Painting grill and tailgate platinum

insuranceman

Reaction score
Ok so I traded my 2012 f 250 a few weeks ago for a 2015 f250 platinum. So My wheels and tires will be here next week. So I figured I would start with ditching the chrome/brushed aluminum. I had the f250 badges painted black and grill surround painted sliver and mirror caps silver. I painted my grill black but I am starting to feel like it looks to much like my old truck. So my question is what does everyone think about painting the grill silver? What's the best option for the door handles and the massive chrome piece on the tailgate?

Attachments

• 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    851 KB · Views: 593
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    795 KB · Views: 535

insuranceman

Reaction score
Hendrys2009,

That grill looks great. I am going to steal that from you if you don't mind? I like the tailgate but was thinking about going with black on it.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Ok so I traded my 2012 f 250 a few weeks ago for a 2015 f250 platinum. So My wheels and tires will be here next week. So I figured I would start with ditching the chrome/brushed aluminum. I had the f250 badges painted black and grill surround painted sliver and mirror caps silver. I painted my grill black but I am starting to feel like it looks to much like my old truck. So my question is what does everyone think about painting the grill silver? What's the best option for the door handles and the massive chrome piece on the tailgate?

Look at the grille on the truck on the home page of this link:

http://www.customtrucksolutions.com/services

I think that's what you're looking for to answer your question. I had this guy paint me up some FORD badges for my truck (see attached).

Also, I think you should go with some paint to match headlights because you might as well finish the look of going silver (which looks great by the way). I bought aftermarket headlights and then had them painted to match (see attached) but even if you have your OEM lights painted it would still look nice. I could give you the guy's info that did the work for me if you want....just PM me, I'd have to dig it up for you. I think he charges $300 but don't quote me on that...

Also, if the camera wasn't in a different place (and I hadn't already bought the painted to match FORD badges), I would explore the option of just trading tail gates with you (if you were interested, of course) because I like the Platinum tailgate with the silver piece back there. I think it looks nice!

image283.jpg

61.jpg

575.jpg

Last edited:

Jgon08

Reaction score
Here's mine I think it's basically what you thought about doing. I also did my tailgate all white I really like it. But black would look pretty good I would think.

a89094f73b80c02aa03240b69750bc1e.jpg

5ff4d7366e47616fd205badd60ddea98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

insuranceman

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas guys. You have some badass looking trucks!! I like the painted platinum logo on the side as well.

strokinpower

Reaction score
I just got a tux black platinum and I think I'm going to vinyl wrap the mirror caps the top and bottom of the tailgate piece but leave the center alone and do the grille shell and leave the center alone.

jordan572

Reaction score
IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg

You can see the door handle pull flap I guess you can call it laying in the middle of the mess under the ford emblems,

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

dcswetman

Reaction score
IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg

You can see the door handle pull flap I guess you can call it laying in the middle of the mess under the ford emblems,

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Is that a satin black on your tailgate? I was thinking something like that on my white platinum.

GREAT LOOKING TRUCK BY THE WAY!

Trevor008

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how the Chrome door handle pulls are attached on a Platinum?

Sorry for the slight detail OP

David1089

Reaction score
Dcswetman you wouldn't happen to have some pics of the inside. Outside looks awesome! Insides def got me curious with everything I seen on the pallet.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I may decide to do mine later, but for now have decided to embrace the brushed tailgate panel. I think it will be alright with polished wheels. Grill shell, door handles, headlights and mirror caps will be kodiak brown very soon. Ditching the platinum bedside lettering and 6.7 door badges.

If the tailgate panel is still too much I may have it sprayed later.

Latest posts

Members online