Rudy's sct sf3 review

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
just a quick review since i haven't seen any specific reviews on rudys custom delete tunes..
<br />
holy ***in chit does this thing light quick and rolls out.. im used to a 450-470hp 7.3 and this is prolly with it or beyond it. wont know for sure till i hit a track somewhere but dam i am impressed with what just a tuner and a pipe will do for these trucks... its on the extreme tune. it was dark already so i couldn't see if it smokes bad or not so that will be tomorrows quest.. <br />
<br />
im sure my limits now are my airbox.. didnt run it with the stock airbox to see if it would pull the minder in or not.. but a few months back i got an extra air box from a member and i cut the bottom out of it so that it is open right at the bottom of the filter all the way across it.. doesnt pull the minder at all.. so prolly good enough for now.. <br />
<br />
didnt have any issues what so ever with dtc's on the truck.. once i got the truck into my buddies shop i shut it off and fallowed the directions for the sct to a T and after it was done loading the extreme tune i got under the hood and unplugged the orange connector on the egr and on the butterfly/intake valve.. oh, and by the way, that black housing that the coolant lines are connected to that sits on top of the intake tube is NOT detachable.. i thought it popped out of the intake and i was way way wrong.. i broke it to chit so it has appoxy holding it back together till i make my intake for it.. but after i got done fiddle forkin around with that i started on the dpf and sensors.. didnt take long at all.. i did however figure out that the nuts on the downpipe flange are welded after a few min of trying to break them loose with the impact.. so for those who dont know, its way quicker to break the bolts loose and not the nut... then i installed the straight pipe.. easy peasy.. lowered the truck and started it up sounds ok. kinda like a big block gasser... the rick flare screem is funny.. sounds just like rick is riding in the back of the truck screeming Woooooo.. lol.. and no codes came up what so ever! runs very well and shifting seems just fine to me! <br />
<br />
live life full throttle<br/>

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
got to drive it in the daylight finally but its snowing like a mofo and only ran it in 4x4.. its a bit laggy/smokey when underload but clears right up as soon as it either shifts or spools.. while not in 4x4 its snappy and it cleans up the smoke super quick.

just did the delete pipe and not the full exhaust but from in the cab it sounds super hissy out the tailpipe when horsing on it... i dont know if that is because of the stock tail section or not....

live life full throttle

Last edited:

14ccd

Reaction score
I have to quit reading these kinds of threads, you guys are going to make me spend money. I am just trying to get through winter at this point, I just had 2 jobs cancel, a big addition and master bathroom project, so I am scrambling for work. I have to do this stuff in stages and be patient.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have to quit reading these kinds of threads, you guys are going to make me spend money. I am just trying to get through winter at this point, I just had 2 jobs cancel, a big addition and master bathroom project, so I am scrambling for work. I have to do this stuff in stages and be patient.
its ***in wicked man! you will kick yourslef for not doing it sooner. but i understand that you have to prioritize the purchases..

live life full throttle

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
A lot of the hiss will go away with a DPF back kit. You'll still have the Rick Flair deal though.

Keith

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
so i drove the same exact route back to buffalo as i normally do when i leave home.. im magically 5ish mpg up from the last trip... drove 400 miles on a half tank of fuel.. but i need to top of to verify that the lie o meter isnt off. which i dont think it is much..

love the custom tunes.. Punch It Performance nailed it i think!! the power to throttle control is awesome.. sorta feels stockish if your just tootling around, you can roll into it and it picks up smooth and takes off or you can stab it quick and it feels like a big block gasser with a four barrel carb when you crack the secondaries open.. shifting is great!! kinda a mix between the stock shift and towhaul shift strategies.. love it!!

live life full throttle

CATDiezel

Reaction score
It was the oil man.... the oil.... LOL!!

Good job, glad you FINA deleted it.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
You know you ***kers are supposed to be friends but my other friends don't have me dripping coin on my truck lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.