need some options on modifications

Nolo91

Reaction score
hey fellas have an 07 6.0 right now she is pretty much stock under the hood. I will do studs and headgaskets probably after an upcoming car show in june, i was wanting some options on turbos, injectors, and any other stuff. My goal is to be in the 600s and also the beast tranny and prices on trannys. Thanks for the help. Also will i need to regear the truck currently has 37x13.50x22s on it

cmont58

Reaction score
I would go with some 190/100 or 205/75 injectors and a 66 or 68mm vgt charger. You should look at doing a fuel system with a RR also. As for the trans Warren diesel can set you up with a trans and also the injectors, Twisted diesel is also a good trans builder. You will also want to get an SCT with custom tunes from someone like Gearhead or Innovative.

Nolo91

Reaction score
ok thanks i have the sct its just not hooked up, dont want to use it till im studded. How much horsepower do you make with your setup.

Nolo91

Reaction score
oh yea it would be haha but i just love my truck. I waited 2 years to get the original owner to finally sell it to me when it had 90k miles

powerlifter405

Reaction score
:thumbsup: I know what you mean. I loved the power of my 6.4 but it was sooooo finicky w/ mileage and I got tired of the payments.

I now have an 05 and I"m really liking it so far. The stickies on the 1st page list a lot of useful info.
From what I've read a decent set of hybrids and a larger VGT should get you the #'s w/ a healthy fuel pump & RR plus a good trans.

Good luck on the build.

Nolo91

Reaction score
appreciate it i love it too, i've had it for about 2 years and it just hit 109k miles. I passed up a real clean 08 6.4 lifted to get this one, it just didnt have the options that my 07 did like the sunroof and all that blah blah.

05wh250

Reaction score
No need for hybrids. My truck makes around 630 to the wheels with 190/100's and a boarder 68.

As for a trans, I have nothing but good to say about twisted diesel.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46105

I hear nothing but good things about KC. One thing I like about him I don't see him on the forums much and I never see/read anything talking negative to other members or vendors.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=935907&postcount=5

I would prefer not to make any of this thread into a bashing of any companies... Every company has its pluses and minus and I am not trying to call out or point fingers at any specific companies...

To me that says a lot about his character and IMHO plenty of vendors miss the mark on that subject.

05wh250

Reaction score
The trans was their standard price for the stage 3, don't really like posting prices. The turbo I ordered straight from barder, had great service from him when I had issues with an oil seal on my powermax, and have not seen a bad review on him yet.

Don't think you could go wrong with kc either just personal preference.

Nolo91

Reaction score
thanks guys i think im gonna start order parts next month so so after the car show i can just start rippin her apart.

william_ace

Reaction score
Do you tow much with the truck? I love my setup (listed in sig) and it makes about 610/1000 on the TSD dyno with their custom tunes. There is nothing cheap about this and you have to remember that! I probably have 13-15k in performance parts to get to 600. 500-550 is a MUCH easier and cheaper number to achieve. Your stock trans could even probably live a while holding that power. with that being said, if you want 600 plus I'd do 205/50s and a KC / Barder 68mm with all other supporting mods.

Nolo91

Reaction score
dont do alot of towing, i think ive pulled a camper 2 times and a few cars in the 2 years. Also i didnt think it would be but money buys diesel part(which is happiness) haha. also ill be doing all the work with a diesel tech friend of mine that is givin me a hella deal on labor as long as i help (he likes to teach while helping).

william_ace

Reaction score
175/30 - 190/75 with a stage 2 or 3 turbo. I tend to lean towards the smaller nozzles for the injectors. I have 205/100s and I think it's way overkill on nozzle. I'm going to have them made into 215/50s soon I think. Should help reduce some cruising EGTs and reduce smoke which is the big thing for me.

Nolo91

Reaction score
yea there is a guy on here selling a set of warren 205/75s that i was looking at, but i havent got them yet because i just bought a house and had to get all the stuff for it and all so it drained me for the next month or so. and i looked at the kc turbo and really liked them was thinking if the guy still has the injectors, doing them with a 66m turbo, fass 150 and upgrading my turbo piping.

william_ace

Reaction score
It all depends on your goals man. What do you want to do with the truck? What are your goals? Towing? DD? Drag Truck? Pull Truck? Fun daily driver?? You have to set an end goal to be able to put together a parts list that will work for you. Also budget. What is your budget?

Latest posts

Members online