Redline Diesel Transmissions?

militant83

Reaction score
Im looking to put a new built transmission in my truck. While there are many good choices all over the US, Redline happens to be 2 hours from me.

Has anyone had any experience with Redline Diesel transmissions?

Farmerstan

Reaction score
I've been a Cummins guy for years and always been a fan of their dodge trans. Also heard good thing from the allisons. I'd have full faith that Karl could fix you up and get it done for ya.

What about toops? I'm sure Bryan and mink could get ya fixed up.

militant83

Reaction score
I've been a Cummins guy for years and always been a fan of their dodge trans. Also heard good thing from the allisons. I'd have full faith that Karl could fix you up and get it done for ya.

What about toops? I'm sure Bryan and mink could get ya fixed up.

I'm sure they are the same as Unlimited being that they will have to order one in. I was interested in RDP since they build in house and are only 2 hours away so it would save time and freight charges.

Farmerstan

Reaction score
I'm sure they are the same as Unlimited being that they will have to order one in. I was interested in RDP since they build in house and are only 2 hours away so it would save time and freight charges.

You might message Mink on here or call them. I was thinking they can build in house. Don't quote me on that but its worth a shot.

militant83

Reaction score
You might message Mink on here or call them. I was thinking they can build in house. Don't quote me on that but its worth a shot.

Yeah, they would probably have to have mine to do so. I cant have the truck down. Id rather trade mine as a core when I have the built one installed. But ill give Mink a shout as well.

militant83

Reaction score
Farmerstan, I know Toops specializes in Dodge trucks, Have you heard about them building Ford Trannys? I did just see where Bryan just built an Allison.

cmont58

Reaction score
What about firepunk I know they are more for Dodges but they might do one for you. They are somewhere in Ohio

Last edited:

Gunnnin

Reaction score
I know Firepunk won't touch a 5R transmission. According to Lavon, they tried one had issues and decided it wasnt worth it. Don't know about Toops doing 5R's. Might consider Warren diesel, I know its a drive however it could be driven in a day.

MINK

Reaction score
I know Firepunk won't touch a 5R transmission. According to Lavon, they tried one had issues and decided it wasnt worth it. Don't know about Toops doing 5R's. Might consider Warren diesel, I know its a drive however it could be driven in a day.

They tried two of them, one was mine and we fixed it - the next is now also getting redone by us as they are covering it under warranty for the guy - Lavon is standup and we do a lot of business with Firepunk still, they even bought our dyno and we get to go over there and play still:D

I'm not a sponsor yet so not trying to pimp anything, but yes we do all brands.

militant83

Reaction score
They tried two of them, one was mine and we fixed it - the next is now also getting redone by us as they are covering it under warranty for the guy - Lavon is standup and we do a lot of business with Firepunk still, they even bought our dyno and we get to go over there and play still:D

I'm not a sponsor yet so not trying to pimp anything, but yes we do all brands.

Well hurry up an Sponsor up Josh...lol... I think you know by now who is building my tranny.

And yes Lavon prefers to stick to what he does best and work on Dodges, Have heard nothing but good things about him on the Dodge side. Not a bad thing to stick to something you specialize in and focus on that.

But yes after lots of talk with Josh the Militant 6.0 will be getting a Toops Tranny once me and the wife come to an agreement.

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
We run Warren Diesel Transmissions here and they flat out shift and have been great! plus if there is any issue andy will take care of you! if you need pricing let me know! we are a dealer for him and you could have the shop of your choice install it.

Reid@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
We run Warren Diesel Transmissions here and they flat out shift and have been great! Plus if there is any issue andy will take care of you! If you need pricing let me know! We are a dealer for him and you could have the shop of your choice install it.

Agreed! I run one in my personal truck, and have installed plenty. The shifts are the best especially in a 5r110! Let us know if we can help you out!

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
I have a built BD and I love it. I had bad luck between them and old Dominion shipping though. Took a month to get my tranny and it came broke in pieces then another month for the second one. Then somehow the first one got lost and we're doing battle with both to get my core charge back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online