6.0 tuner/tunes what to get?

s10mike

Reaction score
was wondering what you guys are using for 6.0 tuners/tunes. my brother just bought a bone stock 07 f350 and hes looking at tunes for it. what are the good and bad with them? what needs to be done to reliably run them? thanks guys

Reid@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
We like to use SCT tuners, best for the truck and really won't hurt it. TSD and Gearhead make great custom tunes for these trucks! As for reliability EGR delete, and some other simple mods can be done! I can get you the SCT and other reliability parts if you'd like! PM me for prices and info!

johnp115

Reaction score
Defintely an sct like mentioned above. I ran gearhead tunes on my 6.4 but on my 6.0 i ran innovative diesel custom tunes... my truck had a modded stock turbo, upgraded egr and 190/stock injectors, lifted on 35's and it did not always live the easiest life, i even towed 10K on my xtreme street tune lol... and it held together awesome so i always reccomend innovative tuning for 6.0's based on my positive experience.

Edit- left out the part that it wasnt studded

Last edited:

s10mike

Reaction score
thanks guys. what realisticaly can you expect to gain with the sct programmer? its claims 120hp, but, whatever.

04 f350

Reaction score
Back Road Performance has excellent custom tunes and the best customer service by far.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
IMO... Tunes are cheap. I would try a couple of different tuners. Every truck seems to react differently and everybody has their own opinions about tunes.

It seems to me that an extra $100 spent on trying a couple extra tunes is the BEST investment you can make in your truck. You might find another tuner/tune that blows your mind and you would never know if you only got the one set. Some guys get JOEBLOW tunes and hate them... others love them. How would you know unless you tried a couple.

I have about 40 custom tunes from just about every tuner out there. (many of them from different setups). But they are all so different, it is nice to have the flexibility.