Disconnecting passanger side air bag???

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Anyone ever done this? We have another little one on the way and would like to have it in the front seat. Cant do it with the air bag.

I know the standard and X cabs have a switch to turn them off but no such luck on the CC and Ex.

Would love to throw the same switch in as the pickups have, but then I have to replace the dash front.

Anyone done this before?

DcMoore

Reaction score
I would say just unplug it but then you ahve to deal with that damn light.. I believe the plugs are there for the switch. On my CC they were. Congrats BTW!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thanks!

and

I love kids and its exciting.

Bought dipers for the first time in 7 years or so... Freaked my wife out. LOL

co04cobra

Reaction score
I added one to a CC truck before. The plug is there to install the on/off switch for the key. To make it work you need to change the RCM. Located under that little black cover at the front of the transmission hump. I should have both of those parts. If you would be interested shoot me a pm. Hope it helps. Also, it should be the same but as above what year ex?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
What year X is it?

I added one to a CC truck before. The plug is there to install the on/off switch for the key. To make it work you need to change the RCM. Located under that little black cover at the front of the transmission hump. I should have both of those parts. If you would be interested shoot me a pm. Hope it helps. Also, it should be the same but as above what year ex?

2001 Excursion... Not that I think it makes a differance but it will soon have a PMT2 PCM and the PATS disconnected...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Anyone want to point me where the PATS module is? Never looked for it but I have no idea where it is...

co04cobra

Reaction score
Usually, there is a transponder under the switch. You should be able to see it if you take off the colonum covers. If you take out the switch I think it is a t20 screw holding it in. Wires Should run down to where the clock spring plugs in behind the fuse panel cover. That might get you started. Hope it helps.

Latest posts

Members online