My little reveiw on KEM and PIP tunes

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
So I'm going to give a little review on both the tunes.
The truck is a 2015. Only things done to it is the tune, 5" flo-pro, and s&b intake. EGR is not removed yet, just unplugged.

First I'll start with the kem tunes.
Tow- Tow has good power shifts a little firmer then stock. Only issue I'm having is the shift between 4-5 the trans doesn't like it at all.

Performance - Very firm quick shifts power comes on hard and smooth. Turbo lights up instantly. Again still having a issue with having a noise in the trans when if shifts.

(didn't try race)

Race TQ management- All I can say is I drove it five miles and didn't like the shifting at all. Feels like it fuel cuts before every shift so its smoother. I'm not sure. I'm going to keep it on Tow or performance tho.

Now I'll go onto the PIP tunes.
Performance- This is the only tune I tried from PIP. I love the trans tuning they have. Spot on! I didn't like when the power came on. Seems to be very laggy. Power doesn't compare to the KEM performance at all. Soon as I tired it I went back to KEM tunes.

Overall. I love the kem power curve. There's really no comparison with the power between the two. Kem exhaust note is insane. It's so loud compared to PIP. Kem seems to be more instant then PIP and pulls a lot harder. PIP has very good trans tuning. I know kem locks the torque converter and pip doesn't, so that could explain why kem seems to be a little rough during shifts.
I would recommend kem over PIP for power and sound. Pip over kem for their trans tuning. I Just need to get a hold of KEM to see if they can do anything about the shifts.

Hope this helps anyone on the fence about the two. I will be trying some other companies tunes soon and will do a full review between them all. Any questions just ask!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So I'm going to give a little review on both the tunes.
The truck is a 2015. Only things done to it is the tune, 5" flo-pro, and s&b intake. EGR is not removed yet, just unplugged.

First I'll start with the kem tunes.
Tow- Tow has good power shifts a little firmer then stock. Only issue I'm having is the shift between 4-5 the trans doesn't like it at all.

Performance - Very firm quick shifts power comes on hard and smooth. Turbo lights up instantly. Again still having a issue with having a noise in the trans when if shifts.

(didn't try race)

Race TQ management- All I can say is I drove it five miles and didn't like the shifting at all. Feels like it fuel cuts before every shift so its smoother. I'm not sure. I'm going to keep it on Tow or performance tho.

Now I'll go onto the PIP tunes.
Performance- This is the only tune I tried from PIP. I love the trans tuning they have. Spot on! I didn't like when the power came on. Seems to be very laggy. Power doesn't compare to the KEM performance at all. Soon as I tired it I went back to KEM tunes.

Overall. I love the kem power curve. There's really no comparison with the power between the two. Kem exhaust note is insane. It's so loud compared to PIP. Kem seems to be more instant then PIP and pulls a lot harder. PIP has very good trans tuning. I know kem locks the torque converter and pip doesn't, so that could explain why kem seems to be a little rough during shifts.
I would recommend kem over PIP for power and sound. Pip over kem for their trans tuning. I Just need to get a hold of KEM to see if they can do anything about the shifts.

Hope this helps anyone on the fence about the two. I will be trying some other companies tunes soon and will do a full review between them all. Any questions just ask!

which version of pip did you try ? if you wanna try innovative let me know. i get alot of complaints from my customers who have bought kem from me. i cant give away those tuners. typically its complaints of the trans feeling like its gonna fall out.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
V7 bought them from you last week. I like the KEM power. The trans tuning isn't horrible but could use some work. I have his update KEM tunes that adds the race tq management. Never tried the first round of tunes KEM had.

Sent from the front seat of my rocket ship

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
Mike, message me with the info on innovative.

Sent from the front seat of my rocket ship

higherlife

Reaction score
both are great tuners/tunes. Where they both fall short is giving the customer knowledge of what they are getting and what to expect. A lot of people think a simple tune and delete is going to make their truck a 10 second, coal rolling BA SOB.
The hype to get the 2015 deleted as quickly as possible preceded making sure the tunes where thoroughly tested. We are just now in the "testing" phase and the bugs are getting worked out.
I think they should be more involved on the public forums like the tuners are in the duramax world. This would help misdiagnosing a problem IF it was tuning related.

higherlife

Reaction score
I am curious as well what the difference is. Power, tuning strategy, etc. What makes one better than the other?

If i had to come up with a marketing scheme for PIP and KEM, this is how i feel the tunes are different.

PIP v7:
Transmission friendly
Stock like shifting
Lacks low end power but makes up for it in 3-6 gears
Great Fueling, Smoke almost non existent but some coal can be rolled
EGR has to be completely unplugged/ deleted

KEM:
Smooth, Firm shifting
Also transmission friendly but gears 4-5, 5-6 can flair
Turbo lights instantly, 1-2 gear shifts quick
Also great fueling, Smoke can be found at times
Not sure about EGR

This is a combination of my own personal experience and what i have read on the forums. Keep in mind i am not stating which one is better but rather how i would market these tunes if i was selling them.

I don't think either tune improves gas mileage over the other. I don't keep track of miles but being as routine as i am, i still find myself at the gas station every Thursday afternoon regardless of which tune i am running.

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with either of the tunes. Call it good luck or what ever but i have not experienced 99% of what others are having issues with.

DSL_PWR

Reaction score
If i had to come up with a marketing scheme for PIP and KEM, this is how i feel the tunes are different.

PIP v7:
Transmission friendly
Stock like shifting
Lacks low end power but makes up for it in 3-6 gears
Great Fueling, Smoke almost non existent but some coal can be rolled
EGR has to be completely unplugged/ deleted

KEM:
Smooth, Firm shifting
Also transmission friendly but gears 4-5, 5-6 can flair
Turbo lights instantly, 1-2 gear shifts quick
Also great fueling, Smoke can be found at times
Not sure about EGR

This is a combination of my own personal experience and what i have read on the forums. Keep in mind i am not stating which one is better but rather how i would market these tunes if i was selling them.

I don't think either tune improves gas mileage over the other. I don't keep track of miles but being as routine as i am, i still find myself at the gas station every Thursday afternoon regardless of which tune i am running.

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with either of the tunes. Call it good luck or what ever but i have not experienced 99% of what others are having issues with.

Curious where IDP fits in there as well. Everyone says get IDP but can't tell you why.

higherlife

Reaction score
Its a rotating cycle of which tunes are the best. One week its PIP, then KEM now IDP next week who knows.
Like i said cant go wrong with any of them but i cant speak for IDP

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
ID has been around longer than all the rest and know the platform like no other.
Combine the best aspects of KEM and PIP, leave out all the idiosyncrasies you read about and you're left with ID.
If you want your truck to run right, shift right and perform flawlessly...call No Limit.

ID delete tuning has been around for quite some time...they're not a newcomer to the game. The only reason you're seeing them mentioned now is a few people posted their name after being asked to keep it quiet. The cat is out of the bag now and those of us that knew about it can now speak about it. I see all the threads about issues with the others...those issues don't exist with ID and the experience behind the tuning.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Curious where IDP fits in there as well. Everyone says get IDP but can't tell you why.

I've explained it to you in private and I know you've read all the threads here.
I don't know what else you want to know?

DSL_PWR

Reaction score
ID has been around longer than all the rest and know the platform like no other.
Combine the best aspects of KEM and PIP, leave out all the idiosyncrasies you read about and you're left with ID.
If you want your truck to run right, shift right and perform flawlessly...call No Limit.

ID delete tuning has been around for quite some time...they're not a newcomer to the game. The only reason you're seeing them mentioned now is a few people posted their name after being asked to keep it quiet. The cat is out of the bag now and those of us that knew about it can now speak about it. I see all the threads about issues with the others...those issues don't exist with ID and the experience behind the tuning.

Yes I know. I was hoping someone else might have insight. I'll get IDP tuning on order. Thanks again for your help.

maybe he's dumb .

It's been rumored but never proven. Not a good way to promote your business acumen. It does not help when you chastise people for their quest for knowledge.

I am a researcher. I want to know everything there is before I drop coin on a product. It's makes for a better outcome.

Now with that said if any OTHER dealers of IDP tuning want to PM me a price for an SCT or other tuner with IDP tunes loaded I would be happy to entertain buying from you. See what I did there?

theplumber

Reaction score
Yes I know. I was hoping someone else might have insight. I'll get IDP tuning on order. Thanks again for your help.

It's been rumored but never proven. Not a good way to promote your business acumen. It does not help when you chastise people for their quest for knowledge.

I am a researcher. I want to know everything there is before I drop coin on a product. It's makes for a better outcome.

Now with that said if any OTHER dealers of IDP tuning want to PM me a price for an SCT or other tuner with IDP tunes loaded I would be happy to entertain buying from you. See what I did there?

I agree.

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.