Oil in intercooler piping

cmb921

Reaction score
I have a 2014 6.7 with 5" straight pipe and tuned with SCT. Did the H&S intercooler pipe replacement. While driving the other day the boot off the intercooler blew off. Went to re-attach boot and found oil in the intercooler pipe? A few friends of mine found this to be way abnormal thinking the seal on the turbo could be leaking? Is it normal for oil to be in the intercooler pipe like that or should I be concerned?

cmb921

Reaction score
well *her friends. lol. I try to stay undercover with this fact on here but I am a girl. they said they never saw oil in there even though I just assumed it was normal. and the fact that the boot actually blew off concerned me but maybe I personally didn't tighten the clamps enough when I changed that boot out! but if its normal to see oil in there then I wont worry about it. as long as it wont hurt anything it doesn't bother me any!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
well *her friends. lol. I try to stay undercover with this fact on here but I am a girl. they said they never saw oil in there even though I just assumed it was normal. and the fact that the boot actually blew off concerned me but maybe I personally didn't tighten the clamps enough when I changed that boot out! but if its normal to see oil in there then I wont worry about it. as long as it wont hurt anything it doesn't bother me any!

hey ive meant to call you back but been busy as all get out. i'll call you manana.

cmb921

Reaction score
bigrpowr will this hurt anything if I don't get a ccv? is it more just personal preference or could something actually go wrong from it getting hot and allowing more oil to come through there?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score

This changes everything!

cmb921

Reaction score
yah I'm having some issues mike!! Idk if you saw my other thread. Def call a girl back bc I have a few concerns that idk about!! hahahah

Rule12b

Reaction score
Ok, dumb question. CTS-V's get this issue with oil entering the blower unless we install catch cans, usually two of them, in higher horsepower applications. I know diddly squat about diesels however. Will a CCV affect warranty? require a tune? etc. I would like to keep my intercooler oil free.

cmb921

Reaction score
Saw Youngstown, used to hang out there when I was in OTC back in the day, figured I should warn you about the "tools" I knew out there! HAHAHA

lmao lived in Youngstown all my life. more tools then a craftsman warehouse around this place! hahah I tend to steer clear of them. and idk what OTC is but I'm sure you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here

Randy_270

Reaction score
I'm at about 90k miles and my ccv is still in place. Here is what my intake looked like at about 75k miles
BD47D15F-5EBE-4062-8977-C5E859F24759_zpsxzkvbhq2.jpg

And the butterfly valve
C0F36B25-C871-4F9B-B299-9F0F96209FE6_zpsdeu37ujd.jpg

Hoping I can get a ccv delete this summer but I might just wait till I can get a 2015 turbo and aftermarket intake piping.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm at about 90k miles and my ccv is still in place. Here is what my intake looked like at about 75k miles
BD47D15F-5EBE-4062-8977-C5E859F24759_zpsxzkvbhq2.jpg

And the butterfly valve
C0F36B25-C871-4F9B-B299-9F0F96209FE6_zpsdeu37ujd.jpg

Hoping I can get a ccv delete this summer but I might just wait till I can get a 2015 turbo and aftermarket intake piping.

you'll still need a ccv .

Latest posts

Members online