Iphone and Sync guys with lockpick Check in

Sins4u33

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2013 with the lockpic unit for the stock navi unit.
I was curious what you guys are doing to watch movies from you iphone 5/5s/6/6+ phones.
I know they have the factory inputs for the rca cables but I was wondering if anyone has a set of cables that work so you can watch movies from your iphone (lightning cable) on the factory nav? I had a 4s and it worked no problem, but I have not been able to find a set of cables that will work the lightning cable. I tried the adapter and that doesn't work it only plays the sound over the speakers no video shows up.

Thanks guys
:toast:

jwanck11

Reaction score
The lightening connector will not pass video via the adapter - only audio.

As for the lockpick, Although I have the lock pick air, I do not believe any movies transferred to your phone via iTunes will play. This is due to a restriction that Apple enforces.

You can however mirror movies that you recorded on your phone.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Little off topic but does the lock pick help quite a bit with the functionality of the I phone and sync? It seems to be lacking on my system but I have the older nav unit then you guys. I have though about going to something aftermarket that I could put some gauges in too.

jwanck11

Reaction score
I don't think it adds a lot of integration other than mirroring.

I wish aftermarket was possible... but with the media center, there is no room for a double din.

Clean-15

Reaction score
What's mirroring? Can I display my iPhone screen on my dash screen? If so, wirelessly or connected via a cable?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

jwanck11

Reaction score
Yep - whatever is on your iPhone screen will show on your media center screen. The resolution is not very good, however. Mine is wireless using Apple AirPlay with the lockpick air unit.

I am seriously considering buying an android based phone to essentially use as a media drive.

Currently my headrest setup is useless.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
I've got a Pioneer unit, so this might not work for you.

I'm currently running iPhone mirroring through the Lightening AV adapter (Lightening>HDMI>Pioneer unit). Now if you've got RCA connections you might could try running an adapter from HMDI>RCA, or even getting an HDMI>RCA cable (if there is such a thing). Quality may be hit or miss with RCA though.

My setup works great for watching Netflix on my screen.

GaMike

Reaction score
I use an adapter that Apple makes and it's a hdmi cable plug in. I then got an hdmi to rca adapter box powered by usb.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I am still on the fence with this "lockpick". I am learning all about the LP basically from all of the information in this thread and on this forum...

Latest posts

Members online