How do you guys Polish your American Force Wheels

5280diesel

Reaction score
I have 24x14s that i have been polishing by hand. No biggie if you polish them constantly which is a pain. I usually use White Diamond polish. Works great. They do shine and are clean. But i want a mirror like shine. I have heard of cutting & polishing. Seen some pictures of extremely shiny forces. Almost look chrome. I'm assuming it's like polishing a semi wheel. But they sand them down depending on the condition of the wheel then they use a brown rouge bar to cut. Then polish it with a white rogue bar. Has anyone tried this method? I don't wanna ruin my wheels.

mandkole

Reaction score
The key is maintenance of the surface to keep the shine. The big truck guys drive so much and in so many environments that the surface gets oxidized requiring the sanding and the rouge. (Their wheels shine, but if you look close they are not that perfect)

After stripping my stockers, I need to touch them up after every washing. You will get small scratches in the surface from just touching them, so Ive learned to not be that picky. I use very soft cloth and a good maintenance polish (like the Infinish flash billet).

Polished wheels on a daily is a commitment. Mines not a daily so I can live with it.

5280diesel

Reaction score
I guess i am picky about my wheels/truck in perticiular. Mines not a daily either but i know one of my wheels is slightly more dull than the others kind of a slight haze to it. & i polish them maybe once every 2 weeks. I try to anyway.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Whatever you do to get them looking new...spend the 100 bucks on a Shine Seal kit, follow all the steps and you won't have to touch them again for at least a year.
Best money I ever spent when I had the all polished aluminum blower motor in my Ram.
I went from polishing almost every weekend to just wiping it off with a soft rag.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Also...the best polishing trick I was ever taught is after the polish is on and you're trying to get all the black residue off...dip a clean microfiber towel into a bowl of plain bleached white cooking flour and wipe the wheels. The black crap comes off in one swipe. Weird...but if you do it once you'll do it from now on.

sootie

Reaction score
Rich, i had a struggle with that stuff perhaps I wasn't doing it right or else my Forces were too far gone before i started. What order and what quantity of product did you use?

i purchased the kit you recommended...

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I think it's more of a final polish, clean and seal after the base metal is already in good shape. The polish definitely isn't a heavy cut.

5280diesel

Reaction score
Good info. I'd have to get mine super clean before i put any type of coating or anything. So no one else uses a different method or way of polishing to get a maximum mirror shine?

Snake

Reaction score
image-9_zps20427543.jpg

Let the truck stop do it for you. LOL

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I just buy a new set every month...

JK, I paid to have mine polished after I etched them :(

my elbow grease is pricey

Jomax

Reaction score
Also...the best polishing trick I was ever taught is after the polish is on and you're trying to get all the black residue off...dip a clean microfiber towel into a bowl of plain bleached white cooking flour and wipe the wheels. The black crap comes off in one swipe. Weird...but if you do it once you'll do it from now on.

Sweet! I'll have to remember that!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online