Axle wrap solutions

CyrusLoewen

Reaction score
Alright guys. I just got an sct and while I'm waiting to get custom tunes I am running the canned street tune. I have it set to lock 1-2-3. The issue is when taking off medium hard like I like to drive it will bounce quite violently on shifts. I have a stock 250 block with a 1.5in block on that. All stock suspension other than that. My question is this. Is this something that will change with a better tune? Or am I going to be looking at Trac bars or something down that line? I have a kc stage 2 sitting in the shop waiting to be installed when my injectors get figured out so I'll be putting more stress on it yet....

04 F250

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
One Up Offroad traction bars will completely cure the issue at hand. Even on extremely aggressive shifts on a 1000HP truck they drastically change things. I would confidently say my 750HP 6.7 shifts nicer now than it did as a stock truck.

CyrusLoewen

Reaction score
Can you explain the difference in styles? I see long vs short gusset and then the mounting styles. What's best. I can weld so weld on is an option.

Sent from my 0PAJ5 using Tapatalk

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Can you explain the difference in styles? I see long vs short gusset and then the mounting styles. What's best. I can weld so weld on is an option.

Sent from my 0PAJ5 using Tapatalk

If welding isnt an issue. Just do Short gusset weld on bars.

In a nutshell the gusset is merely aesthetic. For looks and nothing more, there's no difference in integrity and strength, I just think long gussets look much nicer on bigger trucks. All my superduties are under 4" lift in the rear, so they all have short gussets on them.

The most popular kit is the inverted U bolt style bolt on, which is how they are done on a 2011+ truck or a 05-10 F450. The only problem is that it is significantly more expensive because you would need to purchase an F Top, top plate and a set of F Top U bolts. Also, under axle bolt on mounts are more expensive than the standard weld on

I would say just do the weld on for simplicity and price, which is a 101010, 101020, and 101030 part numbers.

Let me know if you need any help :)

Jared

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
OUO is a very popular choice....so is PMF. Both are solid choices.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Oh dang. I didn't know they were yours lol. I googled it

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
I googled OUO Short Gusset Traction Bars.

Mike D. 6.7 is the first picture to pop up for me ironically. Yours is in the first row at the end

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online