Black maxx wiring

cliford

Reaction score
So I just recently broke my USB cable that goes from my OB2 port to my black maxx cradle. Sadly these cradles have been discontinued. Does anyone have a black maxx cradle or a bully dog PMT that they could take a multimeter to and tell me how they are wired? If I know which pin on the cradle corresponds to which pin on the USB end I could easily finish my repair. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Graveyarder

Reaction score
Guess we will take that as a no. I'm shocked there is no one that has put up this information on any of the forums I've seen. I'm on a hunt for the same thing but when I find out the pin layout I'll definitely post the info up.

Graveyarder

Reaction score
So, I tried to wire straight from the mini-usb to hdmi. That didn't work and got a communication error. My guess is because it is looking for communication through the bottom port. I'll continue my trial and error till I get it sorted out.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Keep us posted. I just lucked on to a used cradle I needed for a black maxx i had, but that's not going to happen often.

It would be great to know how to wire around it.

Graveyarder

Reaction score
I believe the connector for the bottom port is a dfp20. I got a cable ordered to try that connector. If that doesn't work I'll just solder on 4 wires to the board and go from there. If anyone has a used cradle in not working condition it would be very helpful even just to borrow.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Graveyarder

Reaction score
I for the life of me can't figure out why they used so many wires. Only 4 wires are used in the obd2 port. Can't make it too easy I guess. :)
Alex

Graveyarder

Reaction score
Well, got my dfp cables today and it wasn't that connector either. I was sure it was that. Must be a proprietary plug. I would have never guessed that.
Alex

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 128

Graveyarder

Reaction score
Well, made some progress today. Plug turns out to be a variant of the dfp20 male plug. Just trimmed the outer shell off and she fit tight into the unit. Just have to wire the convert over to hdmi now.20161105_201341.jpg20161105_201404.jpg20161105_201411.jpg

co04cobra

Reaction score
Nice! That is some progress. Let us know as soon as you get it converted.

Graveyarder

Reaction score
Got the positive and ground wires pinned out. Now should just need the can-bus wires and we should be in business.

Graveyarder

Reaction score
4 screws on back and carefully peel top and bottom cover off. Careful it is very thin metal. Held on by 2 sided tape

Graveyarder

Reaction score
Just an update. I have the power and ground figured out. I don't have the other accessories like pyro and such so won't be able to map those out, but should have the can bus high and low figured out this week if work doesn't get in the way.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.