Tuning to Leave EGR Working?

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Hey everyone new guy here. Been hanging over at the other place for a while and been browsing here for a while also.

Had a question about tuning as I have emailed my vendor who I bought tunes from but have heard nothing as usual.

I live in California and am ******d. We have to go through a biannual emissions test. When I ******d I told myself I would just return to stock every two years, but I am able to pass the smog test how my truck is now except for ONE thing.

When I had my truck hooked up to the computer to see what would and wouldn't pass the only thing was my EGR stating "not complete"

Is there any way or anyone out there who would write a tune to in a way trick my trucks computer in thinking the EGR is "complete" or write a tune to have the EGR functioning as normal but everything else ******d?

Obviously I would only run that tune for emissions testing then go back to the tow tune I run daily.

Thanks everyone.

Notneb

Reaction score
Hey everyone new guy here. Been hanging over at the other place for a while and been browsing here for a while also.

Had a question about tuning as I have emailed my vendor who I bought tunes from but have heard nothing as usual.

I live in California and am ******d. We have to go through a biannual emissions test. When I ******d I told myself I would just return to stock every two years, but I am able to pass the smog test how my truck is now except for ONE thing.

When I had my truck hooked up to the computer to see what would and wouldn't pass the only thing was my EGR stating "not complete"

Is there any way or anyone out there who would write a tune to in a way trick my trucks computer in thinking the EGR is "complete" or write a tune to have the EGR functioning as normal but everything else ******d?

Obviously I would only run that tune for emissions testing then go back to the tow tune I run daily.

Thanks everyone.

I highly doubt it's possible to do a tune where everything stays d3leted, but the EGR stays functional enough to fool the smog computer. I would ask Matt at $partan or Mike at No Limit.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
I highly doubt it's possible to do a tune where everything stays d3leted, but the EGR stays functional enough to fool the smog computer. I would ask Matt at $partan or Mike at No Limit.

I'm trying to avoid ******* cause I want the nGuage and their tuning pretty bad but don't have the coin to drop on it and if he says he can do it then that gives me even more reason to go *******. Lol but I'll ask him.

Been in contact with No Limit or you can say I've emailed them since I bought tunes from them and....nothing. No response or anything.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid ******* cause I want the nGuage and their tuning pretty bad but don't have the coin to drop on it and if he says he can do it then that gives me even more reason to go *******. Lol but I'll ask him.

Been in contact with No Limit or you can say I've emailed them since I bought tunes from them and....nothing. No response or anything.

you have never contacted me about this, ever.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
you have never contacted me about this, ever.

Well I'm not sure if you and your tuner communicate, but I've been emailing him as I was told he was the guy who handles the tunes for No Limit. And before I checked this thread I got an e-mail from him just a few minutes ago.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure if you and your tuner communicate, but I've been emailing him as I was told he was the guy who handles the tunes for No Limit. And before I checked this thread I got an e-mail from him just a few minutes ago.

so you did get a response? im just trying to clear that up , i need to know if my employees are ignoring you. your special request hasnt come across my desk yet so this must be in its infancy.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
so you did get a response? im just trying to clear that up , i need to now if my employees are ignoring you. your special request hasnt come across my desk yet so this must be in its infancy.

I did get a response, and must be as I was told he had to contact Alberta Speed about this.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
yeah luke said he's responded to you multiple times on this issue. anyway good luck to you !

ImAti0n

Reaction score
yeah luke said he's responded to you multiple times on this issue. anyway good luck to you !

Yeah he responded after a couple emails back to him after hearing nothing for a couple of weeks. But thanks though Mike. Seems like after I bring it up in a public setting it becomes important all of a sudden.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah he responded after a couple emails back to him after hearing nothing for a couple of weeks. But thanks though Mike. Seems like after I bring it up in a public setting it becomes important all of a sudden.

actually josh , i saw he responded to you multiple times via phone and email before you made this post. no need to be like that. hopefully you find someone to do what you need, it just wont be us. like i said best of luck to you.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
actually josh , i saw he responded to you multiple times via phone and email before you made this post. no need to be like that. hopefully you find someone to do what you need, it just wont be us. like i said best of luck to you.

If you would actually read the emails and dates you would see that it took more than one attempt to get a reply. I can screenshot those for you if you'd like in case you missed that.

When I initiated the emails with him I was getting a reply up until two weeks ago when I received not a word. It wasn't until I sent another follow up email and that's when I got a response. If that's how you like to run your business then so be it. I can spend my money elsewhere.

Latest posts

Members online