6.7 synthetic oil?

wes1227

Reaction score
Is anyone running a type of full synthetic oil..I was considering running Mobil 1 full synthetic..any opinions?

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Is anyone running a type of full synthetic oil..I was considering running Mobil 1 full synthetic..any opinions?

I sell a lot of 8854 5-40 to 6.7 guys. Some making huge power, others pulling heavy heavy loads. All testing less wear than any of the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fnlyfree

Reaction score
I have been using Mobile 1 turbo diesel truck 5w40 in mine. Last oil analysis was very good.

JRLott

Reaction score
I run LE 8854 from Jim. Excellent support and analysis. Worth what little extra IMO.

JRLott

Reaction score
LOL. Guess it does sound fvckin odd. Customer support rocks, and it's not like I'm a big speeding customer. I'd never seen or done an analysis before and he walked me through it. I don't remember 99% of it now, but that isn't his fault.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I have been running Rotella T6 from day 1.

So does UPS.... but that's none of my business.

BTW. My local UPS driver/s. Came by today to the station, since I was in town and we looked at the record on his truck. 450,000 miles and just got its second engine. Rotella oil. Lol...

Personally I'm. Royal purple fan much like others are an LE fan. I don't believe either brand will steer you wrong.

However. The royal purple should ONLY BE USED ON NON EMISSIONS EQUIPPED TRUCKS... get the drift...

I believe LE is compatible with emissions d p f trucks.

Last edited:

JRLott

Reaction score
That's is correct, Jasper & CAT.

If I'm not mistaken, a few years back there was a big shake up and mass exodus of engineers/designers/whatever they're called at RP. I was gonna run it until I heard that. Figured why run something built on a reputation that may no longer be earned. Then talked to Jim. I decided to go with it. If I wasn't running it, I'd be running Mobile1 or T6.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
For troubleshooting your oil?? LOL.....

Had to say something smart before someone else did...
Redline Full Syn Here.It would be nice to see how it performs,against the BEST OIL on earth!!!Can't seem to find any comparison charts though......

JRLott

Reaction score
Stop being a prick about everything. You run your sh!it, I'll run mine, and that guy over there will run his. I'd bet if you could show you'd not be an a$$hole, Jim would be glad to speak on the subject, as I bet he has info on it. However, considering your history, I doubt you would be able to uphold your end of the bargain.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Stop being a prick about everything. You run your sh!it, I'll run mine, and that guy over there will run his. I'd bet if you could show you'd not be an a$$hole, Jim would be glad to speak on the subject, as I bet he has info on it. However, considering your history, I doubt you would be able to uphold your end of the bargain.
Do you feel better calling names?You need mental help.Are you spokesperson for Jim??

JRLott

Reaction score
I did not call you a name. You are being a troll adding nothing of value to discussions as a general rule, though I have seen an exception. Being rude and disrespectful towards me and about a sponsor is bullsh!t. This makes twice you have done this exact thing. I also followed up by saying if you'd be nice, you'd probably get a response. I also quite logically followed that by pointing out your history. It's all quite logical to most folks.

ncollins64

Reaction score
We all know he has nothing to contribute and just likes to get attention. Heck let him be LOL. He will be someone's "special project" again soon enough.

morepower02

Reaction score
Do you feel better calling names?You need mental help.Are you spokesperson for Jim??

Appears to be. Relax it's f'ing oil. I doubt that a product is out there that will single handily ruin your engine in 250,000 miles.... personally I use valvoline 5w40 in both 6.0's for the faster cold starts. I would save the oil analysis for over the road 1 million mile rigs.

JRLott

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think he likes me enough to come out of the closet. I'm a bit afraid.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
We all know he has nothing to contribute and just likes to get attention. Heck let him be LOL. He will be someone's "special project" again soon enough.
What have you contributed to this discusion ?So,I'm not a member of the bend over gang.Geesh

Latest posts

Members online