Going to efuel

travis L

Reaction score
I'm going to install an electronic fuel system in my obs. I'm going to purchase the following items.
Bosch 69136 fuel pump
WIX Filters - 24911 Heavy Duty Fuel Manager Assembly
NAPA Gold 4770 / WIX 24770 Filter Mounting Base
WIX Filters - 33528 Heavy Duty Spin-On Fuel Filter
Blox Racing BXFU-00411-BLS Competition Blue/Silver 3-Port Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator.
And the various fittings and hose I will need.
My question is will I need anything else and what should I look out for. All information is appreciated. I have read some of the threads about this subject and trying to piece everything to get her as I go. It's not as simple as it is in gas engines that I'm use too.

RBernardi

Reaction score
Sounds good so far. I'm in the process of doing this, I went really cheap on my regulator with a eBay one. I found a company local to me that sells a similar pump as the Bosch. They advertise on their website the pump for $79.95 with a lifetime warranty. I went over there to pick mine up and paid $60 for it. Quantum fuel systems is there name if you're interested. Good luck.

travis L

Reaction score
Sounds good so far. I'm in the process of doing this, I went really cheap on my regulator with a eBay one. I found a company local to me that sells a similar pump as the Bosch. They advertise on their website the pump for $79.95 with a lifetime warranty. I went over there to pick mine up and paid $60 for it. Quantum fuel systems is there name if you're interested. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply and I'll definitely look into that company.

markfuga

Reaction score
Looks like you're about 1.5 hours from me. Come on by the shop and I'll show you everything you need to know about swapping to an electric fuel system.

gnxtc2

Reaction score

Something you don't wanna cheap out on...it'll leave you stranded.

Billy T.
[email protected]

RBernardi

Reaction score
Something you don't wanna cheap out on...it'll leave you stranded.

Billy T.
[email protected]

I have read that. I plan on ordering a fuel lab reg. and swapping this cheap one out.
Question; I thought I read that doing an efuel set up wouldn't allow you to use your tank selector. Is this correct or am I dreaming?

Also this is my set up: selector 5/16" to the water separator filter, 3/8" to the pump to the final filter, 3/8" from filter to stock supply line, 3/8" from supply line to feed the heads, both return lines 5/16" to the regulator, 5/16" from regulator to stock return line.

Wired from the stock heater wire to a 30amp inline fuse to a relay back the the pump and grounded. Sorry if this is confusing. Anything that I'm missing?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Nope, you read wrong. You retain your selector valve unless you sump the tanks. I posted pics on the set up by the selector valve and by the motor.

Use a 30A fuse to feed the relay. The old fuel heater wire is to control the coil on the relay.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

RBernardi

Reaction score
Nope, you read wrong. You retain your selector valve unless you sump the tanks. I posted pics on the set up by the selector valve and by the motor.

Use a 30A fuse to feed the relay. The old fuel heater wire is to control the coil on the relay.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Are you saying run constant hot from the battery to the relay?
And the the heater wire to a fuse to the relay to control the pump?

Last edited:

bluedge8

Reaction score
No, protect the actual circuit going through the relay to the fuel pump with a 30amp fuse. But that circuit is constant hot, not switched. the switch control comes from the fuel bowl heater wire.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Here's the wiring diagram I used if it helps.
attachment.jpg

m j

Reaction score
I would recommend getting this. https://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-2804-obs-fuel-pump-harness.aspx You could probly do it cheaper but its not that ridiculously priced and makes it look nice and concise.

that is a nice harness, there is a post on the side of the underhood fuse box that that kit will easily and cleanly draw power from rather then the battery post.

I bought that harness but chopped it up and used only parts of it and went with the homebrew setup using the factory fuse block as shown by previous forum members for a factory look

gnxtc2

Reaction score
On a side note, those NO/NC oil pressure switches are junk.

I highly suggest running a fuel pressure gauge inside the truck. These motors will run with no fuel pressure.....don't ask me how I know. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
Man I shoulda stayed mechanical. I'm an idiot when it comes to wiring anything. That diagram doesn't even make any sense to me.

its a picture of the bottom of a common 30amp relay with matching pin numbers that are written right on the relay, nothing tricky or hard there but you have to try at least a little

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.