I got the short end of the stick on this one :(

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I really liked the wife's '15 F150, but the $800+/mo pmt was killing her.

It's been up for sale for a while and we just had someone buy it.

I was very sad to see her go, the end of an era.

It'll probably be a long time before we have anything nice like this again.

So now...she's driving my F350 and I'm stuck with the old '94 Toyota PU because she doesn't drive stick.

I think I got the short end of this deal :flush:

Attachments

• DSC_4791.jpg
    DSC_4791.jpg
    924.4 KB · Views: 338
  • 20160511_145533Large.jpg
    20160511_145533Large.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 378
  • Synthetic.jpg
    Synthetic.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 351

imelmo

Reaction score
Couldn't have sold the Toyota to pay down on the F150?

CJunkie

Reaction score
Those old toyotas aren't that bad, and why don't you just teach your wife to drive stick? Be a fun experience I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I was getting $4k offers on the Toy and it's worth way more to me than that. I've done everything possible to it.

And she wants a smaller thing, like maybe a used BMW X5

Last edited:

04cr450

Reaction score
Good decision trick truck... 800 a month for a vehicle is frigging Ludacris. They make them everyday and you wI'll have one again if you may when the time is rite

Emery19

Reaction score
How on earth was an f150 $800 a month?

easy if you put next to no cash down. I just went to fords build and price...

Truck Price - 60,0469 - assumed some options OP has
Term - 84 months!
Down - 6,000
Rate - 6.9% Ford Special Rate
Monthly Payment - $812

Even if you get a rate as low as 3.5% your still at $795 for 75 months everything else the same.

While I agree new truck prices are ridiculous. Places are financing longer with less money down. I personally am not a fan of auto loans longer then 5-6 years but I'm also a firm believe of coming with a lot of cash down to finance less of a depreciating asset.

OP this is in no way a jab at you, I do not know your situation, just trying to answer the question

superpsd

Reaction score
I upgraded the wife to an Acura MDX. We didn't want payments so we searched and searched and found an immaculate 09 with low miles. Can't go wrong with Acura honestly everyone I knows that has one has no issues. Also as of now if you buy an Acura depending on the model they are assembled here. **** payments.

Nice Yota

Last edited:

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I upgraded the wife to an Acura MDX. We didn't want payments so we searched and searched and found an immaculate 09 with low miles. Can't go wrong with Acura honestly everyone I knows that has one has no issues. Also as of now if you buy an Acura depending on the model they are assembled here. **** payments.

Nice Yota
What did wifey upgrade from?

My mom has a 16 MDX and loves it, and I have a 13 TL and also love it.. Honda reliability with nice amenities and great ride... it surpasses my daily driver needs, average 24.5 mpg in the FWD which is obviously not great but for what I get in return I'm ok with it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

superpsd

Reaction score
What did wifey upgrade from?

My mom has a 16 MDX and loves it, and I have a 13 TL and also love it.. Honda reliability with nice amenities and great ride... it surpasses my daily driver needs, average 24.5 mpg in the FWD which is obviously not great but for what I get in return I'm ok with it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A Mitsubishi she had for about 10 or so years that becomes parked mostly now. Love the MDX so far. We have taken it on a few road trips. Only has 57K on the odom.

Last edited: