MY 6.0 RACE TRUCK BUILD

Badhabit6.0

Reaction score
Hey all i just thought I would share my build with everyone here. I started with a 2007 f250 6.0 4 door short bed all stock. Then a few months down the road I installed an intake, exhaust, and sct tuner. Soon after that it wasn't enough.

So I decided to lift the cab and install some head studs, and new heads, while the cab was off I decided to get some 225/150 injectors. Obviously I needed some air so I went with a t4 66mm turbo setup. I also installed an air dog 165,regulated return, and some other odds and ends. First time down the track I blew the trans,so back to the lift to install a stage 3 trans.

After everything said and done I raced for a couple off months and then yet again it wasn't enough lol.

So now the bottom end is getting built with
-Custom forged pistons
-Carillo rods with Carr bolts
-O-ringed block w/stainless wire
-Gold coat ceramic piston coating
-PPM low friction coating on bearings
-ARP CA625 head studs
-ARP Main studs
-Stage 4 Colt Cam

Some other things that will be done are
-pushrods
-valve springs
-o-ringed heads
-dual hpop
-nitrous
-Traction bars
-stronger axles with a locker
-4 link suspension up front
-intercooler
-compound setup 66/88, being I already have the 66mm
-Not to sure on what sized injectors, all I know is there going to be BIG
I am also not to sure on a transmission yet, I might go with a 4r100, or a full billet 5r110 any opinions would be great.

I'm sure I'm forgetting quite a few things but tell me what you guys think about the build, im hoping this will be it for a couple years being I'm going all out this time and not holding back on anything, there will be NO SHORTCUTS ON THIS BUILD.

If anyone has ANY suggestions I'm all ears to see what you guys have to say. I'm seriously hoping for a high 10 second truck, but we will see what happens .:tree:

sootie

Reaction score
for trans i would recommend Midwest Diesels competition trans. Add a ported intake manifold to the list as well as ported heads. Not sure why you would need stronger axles. I would talk to or have a look at Jesse Warrens build as well as Jaran Holders build, they have it pretty much figured out.

Black AOD

Reaction score
for trans i would recommend Midwest Diesels competition trans. Not sure why you would need stronger axles. I would talk to or have a look at Jesse Warrens build as well as Jaran Holders build, they have it pretty much figured out.

Or Charlie Keeter.

Charlie and Jaran have the only Power Stroke powered Super Duties to ever run 9's...and both are 6.0s lol

Badhabit6.0

Reaction score
for trans i would recommend Midwest Diesels competition trans. Add a ported intake manifold to the list as well as ported heads. Not sure why you would need stronger axles. I would talk to or have a look at Jesse Warrens build as well as Jaran Holders build, they have it pretty much figured out.

Where can I check out both of there builds? And I don't want to take a chance of snapping an axle shaft that's the only reason why I am going to put stronger ones in. Where can I get a set of ported heads?

sootie

Reaction score
Where can I check out both of there builds? And I don't want to take a chance of snapping an axle shaft that's the only reason why I am going to put stronger ones in. Where can I get a set of ported heads?

pretty much nobody breaks stock axles at 1000+ HP. Jarens handle on here is HOLDERDOWN, Charlie Keeter is 6lcheavyeater and Jesse Warren is JWarren I believe.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
pretty much nobody breaks stock axles at 1000+ HP. Jarens handle on here is HOLDERDOWN, Charlie Keeter is 6lcheavyeater and Jesse Warren is JWarren I believe.

Hey I grenaded my differential a couple months ago at 500 hp..... hooked to a sled though:D

powerstroked08

Reaction score
You broke an axle? I'd be shocked...
No just the diff haha
7986946a85bad743be2d0d6f7a978982.jpg

39b4d29ab84fe90f4e970b63eaf47f9a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

powerstroked08

Reaction score
But the op should be fine on a stock rear. Drag trucks don't have many issues with the driveline.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Badhabit6.0

Reaction score

Oh ok, I was just trying to be ahead of the game a little bit, but I'm just gonna wait till something does break and then go from there, thanks for your help!!

sootie

Reaction score
How about the rear diff? And is there anything to upgrade in the transfer case? Should I worry about the driveshafts?

dont worry about the transfer case or driveshafts. If you were sledpulling, i would suggest some modifications to the rear shaft. For the diff, they arent the strongest. Again, not a major issues for drag racing. You may want to install a trutrac for performance and longevity tho.

swinky

Reaction score
If you're wanting high 10s I'd go with a twisted diesel 5r.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

samgoto96

Reaction score
I would not think twice about putting a BTS 4r100 & PCS controller in it. 5r110s are not up to the task IMO

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.