Need a short muffler

rockbronco

Reaction score
Need a short muffler with about an 18" overall length. Wanting to install just behind the *** in the pipe that bolts in behind the *** and pipe that routes over the axle. I want to be able to cut the flanges off the stock pipe and weld to the new muffler for a bolt in application of the stock exhaust. Just looking for something to take some of the harshness off of the exhaust note since its a touch too loud after a recent change.

Been searching around a bit and have not found much on what Im trying to do so wondering if there is anything out there that fits the bill.

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
I put an fte diesel resonator in mine after i performed the weight loss surgery. Lol
The cummins guys swear by them and i can attest that i have zero drone.
I used the 30" version but they have a shorter one as well.
Otherwise, look into the ultra flow mufflers by dyno max sold by summit racing. They are straight through.

rockbronco

Reaction score
I'll look into those and see if I can find something close. I have the factory *** but it's a tad lighter then it should be;)

During acceleration it's not too bad the decel is a bit harsh sounding for me and my application.(sleeper status!)

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
Yea, people tell me that mine is not loud unless im gettn on it. But inside is quiet and plesant all the time.
My friend stated that mine is louder than the straight piped 6.4 i previously had outside so i may add another muffler down the line someday.

rockbronco

Reaction score
Flow pro twister muffler and 5 inch. Took quite a bit of in cab noise away
https://youtu.be/47tYDEh09ek

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I do not have a full system so can not fit a full length muffler under there.

Yea, people tell me that mine is not loud unless im gettn on it. But inside is quiet and plesant all the time.
My friend stated that mine is louder than the straight piped 6.4 i previously had outside so i may add another muffler down the line someday.

Same here, inside it isnt bad, well I have not towed with it either so could be different. The tone is about the same under hard accel but as soon as you back out of the throttle its gets really loud. I have never liked the noise of a straight piped truck. My old 7.3 always had a muffler with the full exhaust. Im going for sleeper status here honestly so I know thats a bit out of the norm from most guys here

You could do the 15" FTE and get the results you are wanting I believe.

Kinda what I am hoping. It seems cheap enough to give it a shot and I have an extra pipe I can cut the flanges off and weld to the FTE so its 100% bolt on.
Looking to put it in place of this pipe.
05F886E7-97CA-465B-A7FB-82A3491151F3_zps0cwadpcb.jpg

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
There are a few 6.7 muffler vids on youtube but idk what legnth. I will probably add a short 12-18" stainless muffler after my resonator to cut down on the audible level from outside. I too like the sleeper plan for mine. I dont want the attention drawn toward my weight loss program..

Buck1

Reaction score
Resonator would be my suggestion as well. I think I have one on the shelf that is only like 12" in overall length.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Resonator would be my suggestion as well. I think I have one on the shelf that is only like 12" in overall length.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

i think you should sell it to me lol

Latest posts

Members online