reman zf5

Short Bus

Reaction score
Whats a reasonable priced place to get a reman? Local trans shop wants 2300-2400, ford wants every bit of that and jasper is right up there too, but i can find them online for 1500ish just dont know whos good to deal with and whos not. Junkyards are not an option, we are on #4 junkyard trans at this point.... If the customer would have only listened lol

CJunkie

Reaction score
If the local shop has a good rep then I'd go with that. Midwest trans or whatever it is is good, and there's some others but I can't remember them. Unless you got the means to install it yourself, I'd stick with a shop.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Short Bus

Reaction score
I am a shop of course i know how to install them, we just dont get broke zf5's very often. so i dont have a good source on remans

Reaction score
I got my ZF-factory reman from a ZF-authorized dealer (looked it up from ZF website). Not sure if ZF still has that info online or not. Back then (2010-ish???) it was $1800 plus core. Cheers!

SoGrand

Reaction score
Short bus give me a call and talk to me. I will give you a good price on a rebuilt unit. 888-824-2012

Dan

Short Bus

Reaction score
nope. Im out of the hipo game, sold the big twins and went down to a big single then after i broke the trans the last time i put it back to stock, sold the truck and sold all the hipo stuff. Now im back to a stockish 6.0, gotta have something reliable to pull my junk from kansas to texas to montana on the harvest run. Then just run a small repair shop in the winter to keep a couple of us busy.

Latest posts

Members online