Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket > 6.7 Tuning

Old 02-03-2017, 07:43 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Default SOTF sct

Seen on fb there is a knob for the X4.... what's the scope on this?
Old 02-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap6.7 View Post
link and validity? and is this good for all tunes and 2011+ trucks? I have PIP tunes in my X4 and would like to try this
Old 02-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

I have an X4 and I have no idea what you're talking about. What is a knob?
Old 02-03-2017, 09:24 AM
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

Quote:
I'm sure some thief figured out how to read out an Ez Lynk file and flash it with an SCT.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

From what I have seen the SOTF ability is simply a table in the tunes. Something like torque limit based on fuel temperature. You would also need to shut off dtc codes for the unhooked fuel temperature sensor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Voodoo Diesel guys... The SOTF will require the purchase of new tunes along with the switch to function. The process of tuning will still be the same, load the single tune/file and remove tuner if you choose to. The file will have all 4 of our tunes on (1)file and will be controlled with the 5 position switch.

All existing customers w/ Voodoo tunes will have a break in price(not yet set).

We are currently still testing and will soon seek some users to test outside of the company. We can say it's working great. No set pricing yet but will have something shortly.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Is this going to be possible for all SCT devices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2017, 09:42 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Voodoo Diesel guys... The SOTF will require the purchase of new tunes along with the switch to function. The process of tuning will still be the same, load the single tune/file and remove tuner if you choose to. The file will have all 4 of our tunes on (1)file and will be controlled with the 5 position switch.

All existing customers w/ Voodoo tunes will have a break in price(not yet set).

We are currently still testing and will soon seek some users to test outside of the company. We can say it's working great. No set pricing yet but will have something shortly.
Definitely interesting. SCT guys have always wanted switchable tuning in the past.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

rudy's is claiming they can do it with PIP tunes as well
Old 02-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

talked to a good source yesterday that was testing 11-14 sotf as we chatted, so i would tend to believe its in the fine tuning stages.....
302-875-2818
www.AIRFISHAUTOMOTIVE.com

FACEBOOK.COM/AIRFISHAUTOMOTIVE <--NEW
Old 02-07-2017, 10:38 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirFishAutomotive View Post
talked to a good source yesterday that was testing 11-14 sotf as we chatted, so i would tend to believe its in the fine tuning stages.....
it is .
H&S Motorsports / FASS Fuel Systems / Wilwood Brakes / Precision Turbo / Spearco / PMF Suspension / Midwest Diesel / Maryland Performance Diesel / Tyrant Tuning / PPEI / Chaos Tuning / GDP Tuning / TSD Tuning / PSP Diesel / ODawg's / Fleece / Wherli Custom Fab / ICON Vehicle Dynamics / Specialty Forged / American Force / KC Turbos / Flo Pro / MBRP / AFE Power / Ford Performance / AMP Research / King Shock Technology / Fox Racing Shocks / SOTA Offroad / Rigid Industries
Email for quickest response mike@nolimitdiesel.com or 1-800-581-8986
Old 02-08-2017, 06:50 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
it is .
will purchasing a SOTF knob for a previously purchased SCT X4 require sending our devices back in to the tuner for re-calibration or is this something we can simply do over a computer? also, will the SCT device have to stay plugged in constantly or can we plug it in, upload and unplug? i'm currently monitoring my truck with an android tablet and the torque app which seems to suffice and rather keep it that way if possible
Old 02-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Hey mike will all tuners be on board with this?
Old 02-08-2017, 11:31 AM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSU dirt man View Post
will purchasing a SOTF knob for a previously purchased SCT X4 require sending our devices back in to the tuner for re-calibration or is this something we can simply do over a computer? also, will the SCT device have to stay plugged in constantly or can we plug it in, upload and unplug? i'm currently monitoring my truck with an android tablet and the torque app which seems to suffice and rather keep it that way if possible
nope, but you will be buying a new tune pack , and having the file emailed to you .

Quote:
Hey mike will all tuners be on board with this?
for the most part , yes.
H&S Motorsports / FASS Fuel Systems / Wilwood Brakes / Precision Turbo / Spearco / PMF Suspension / Midwest Diesel / Maryland Performance Diesel / Tyrant Tuning / PPEI / Chaos Tuning / GDP Tuning / TSD Tuning / PSP Diesel / ODawg's / Fleece / Wherli Custom Fab / ICON Vehicle Dynamics / Specialty Forged / American Force / KC Turbos / Flo Pro / MBRP / AFE Power / Ford Performance / AMP Research / King Shock Technology / Fox Racing Shocks / SOTA Offroad / Rigid Industries
Old 02-16-2017, 10:36 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

just an update... I followed up with Rudy's yesterday afternoon and ordered their SCT tune offerings with the new SOTF switch and updated tunes since they are who I had previously purchased the SCT X4 through and they also offer discounted prices to existing customers who purchased their SCT X4's. I'll try to post up a review when I upload and install the switch. may take a little while work's been busy
Old 02-16-2017, 10:54 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Who's doing Rudy's tunes now that PIP is closed?
Old 02-18-2017, 09:40 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcswetman View Post
Who's doing Rudy's tunes now that PIP is closed?
I don't know and the sales guy said he didn't either but that driveability would be very similar. We'll see I gotta get a chance to do the install just been swamped
Old 02-20-2017, 01:37 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

anybody know how many custom tune files the SCT X4 can hold? mine appears to have 8 right now, 4 for 11-12 trucks and 4 for 13-14 trucks? not sure why but anyway i wanted to add this most recent tune I purchased. Another issue I'm facing is that I don't have a PC to upload the tune to the SCT X4. I only have a Macbook Pro and it's not partitioned so it's just an Apple O/S. Anyone got any ideas, or do I have to borrow a friend's PC?
Old 02-22-2017, 09:00 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
anybody know how many custom tune files the SCT X4 can hold? mine appears to have 8 right now, 4 for 11-12 trucks and 4 for 13-14 trucks? not sure why but anyway i wanted to add this most recent tune I purchased. Another issue I'm facing is that I don't have a PC to upload the tune to the SCT X4. I only have a Macbook Pro and it's not partitioned so it's just an Apple O/S. Anyone got any ideas, or do I have to borrow a friend's PC?

Need to borrow a friends PC. I honestly don't know how many it can hold.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:24 AM
General
Member's Gallery

FYI, all 6.7's can be supported with variable power levels that can be adjusted with a switch. There are a few out there currently and more to come. We offer our own for 11-16 and will have them available once the switches arrive.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:58 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
Need to borrow a friends PC. I honestly don't know how many it can hold.

thanks Jomax. talking about tunes has me remembering Notneb's old writeups/reviews. hope that dude's doing alright he never posts these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan@Midwest Diesel & Auto View Post
FYI, all 6.7's can be supported with variable power levels that can be adjusted with a switch. There are a few out there currently and more to come. We offer our own for 11-16 and will have them available once the switches arrive.

thank you morgan and much respect for how you handled the situation in the other thread; you're a great asset to those of us on here loking to learn and go faster. I got with AJ of Rudy's and he hooked me up with the tunes since I bought the original X4 from them last year with P!P tunes on it. just gotta get a hold of a PC to upload the tune
Old 02-23-2017, 09:50 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Anyone know if Cale is offering this for his tunes? I currently have a tune pack from him, but have been running my ndash for the sotf. But if I can keep my switch in and use it to run Cale's tunes, that would be the frosting on the cake!

KCCO
Old 02-23-2017, 10:33 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck1 View Post
Anyone know if Cale is offering this for his tunes? I currently have a tune pack from him, but have been running my ndash for the sotf. But if I can keep my switch in and use it to run Cale's tunes, that would be the frosting on the cake!

KCCO
very soon.

we currently offer it on the A/S-GH platform , with functioning exhaust brake and adjusted transmission shifting for each level, which is more than anybody currently offers, and we use the very clean ******* switch.

Last edited by bigrpowr; 02-23-2017 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:24 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
just an update... I followed up with Rudy's yesterday afternoon and ordered their SCT tune offerings with the new SOTF switch and updated tunes since they are who I had previously purchased the SCT X4 through and they also offer discounted prices to existing customers who purchased their SCT X4's. I'll try to post up a review when I upload and install the switch. may take a little while work's been busy
A review of the switch would be great.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:11 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokelyfe View Post

What do you want exactly?

Old 02-24-2017, 07:29 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Patience. I don't have access to a PC to upload the new tune just a Mac. I work 2 jobs and have a lot more going on family-wise right now than just worrying about a SOTF tune. I'll post a review of it when I get the chance to do the upload the tune and do the SOTF switch install

Quote:

Idk I'll try to answer his questions though here as soon as I can. I anticipate that this tune will probably feel and shift like my PIP V8.0 extreme tune currently does but that basically the power will just be adjustable with the switch. Honestly I feel the trans relearn I just did, after I switched from the street to the extreme tune, that it helped tremendously to soften/smooth the trans shifting. I'm really pleased with this PIP extreme tune right now; I just wish that I could hook up to a 16k pound trailer and switch to a tow tune when the time comes with it. But anyway that's the only reason I ordered SOTF

Last edited by NCSU dirt man; 02-24-2017 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:31 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Patience. I don't have access to a PC to upload the new tune just a Mac. I work 2 jobs and have a lot more going on family-wise right now than just worrying about a SOTF tune. I'll post a review of it when I get the chance to do the upload the tune and do the SOTF switch install

Idk I'll try to answer his questions though here as soon as I can. I anticipate that this tune will probably feel and shift like my PIP V8.0 extreme tune currently does but that basically the power will just be adjustable with the switch. Honestly I feel the trans relearn I just did, after I switched from the street to the extreme tune, that it helped tremendously to soften/smooth the trans shifting. I'm really pleased with this PIP extreme tune right now; I just wish that I could hook up to a 16k pound trailer and switch to a tow tune when the time comes with it. But anyway that's the only reason I ordered SOTF
No rush bud.... Was implying when you got the chance.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:35 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:

Nothing in real detail buddy. Just curious to see SCT's "sotf" while driving versus dsp5 switch or MM3 on the fly.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:56 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Nothing in real detail buddy. Just curious to see SCT's "sotf" while driving versus dsp5 switch or MM3 on the fly.
just ask jomax .. he got the classy stuff .
Old 02-25-2017, 03:14 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:

Sounds good bud. Work has been insane these past few days. Tonight I'll make a new thread about SOTF with GH/AS tunes.

So far I LOVE it, the Exhaust brake is better then stock, shifting is great between tunes, and it's nice to be able to put the truck to stock and hand the keys to anyone.

Truck still stays on the race tune 90% of the time even towing.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:37 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Smile

Quote:
Sounds good bud. Work has been insane these past few days. Tonight I'll make a new thread about SOTF with GH/AS tunes.

So far I LOVE it, the Exhaust brake is better then stock, shifting is great between tunes, and it's nice to be able to put the truck to stock and hand the keys to anyone.

Truck still stays on the race tune 90% of the time even towing.

That sounds great Jomax, thanks
Old 02-26-2017, 07:10 PM
General
Member's Gallery

My thread on SOTF
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76939
Old 02-27-2017, 10:50 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

So any idea when this should be ready for the 6.4??