Locktite 620 cure time

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Quick question as I'm installing injector cups today. It's going to be 53 degrees today but down to like 42 tonight n ofcoarse I'm doing this outside. How much time should I give the compound to cure at these temps? It states 1 hr set and 24hrs full cure but that's at like 70 degrees outside and not at these temps. Any insite is greatly appreciated as I know alot have done cups and used this 620 before. Thanks again

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I would definitely wait it out a full day-day 1/2. But remember, as soon as each cup is seated, have a freshly resealed injector ready to torque in and keep the cup seated. Alot of guys in the shop just toss em in and ship em same day. While Ive never heard of an issue, if you have the time to let it set up, its worth it.

heavydoc

Reaction score
620 is compound sealant that cures when the air is squeezed out of it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

heavydoc

Reaction score
Plugging in your block heater would probably help. Should keep temps up around 80-90 if not 100
If he is putting in new cups I believe the coolant would be at least drained below the injector cup line.

dsberman94

Reaction score
If he is putting in new cups I believe the coolant would be at least drained below the injector cup line.

Still going to produce heat just as long as the element stays in coolant he should be fine. Just so it doesn't burn out. It is supposed to be chilly tonight up here.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Got another immediate need question when I put the injector in and pop it down does the bottom hold down sit flush with the head or up about a quarter inch?? Felt like injector went all the way but the hold down is up on the bottom a quarter inch where the bolt goes threw.

dsberman94

Reaction score
You'll be able to push it in so far and then you'll have to get the bolt torqued down. I've always had mine seat a little more with the bolt after the original push/pop by hand.

hucorey

Reaction score
620 is compound sealant that cures when the air is squeezed out of it.

Yes, it's considered anaerobic. So it will set up without the presence of oxygen.

When you rap the cups down in place, you will hear a very distinct noise difference when the cup has bottomed out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Thanks guys I think I got her done. I was worried because when I popped the first injector in i set it in the hole then pushed down some till it stopped then used a 5/8th stubby wrench on the holddown on the bottom and it went about another Id say 1/4 inch then lightly tapped it another 1/8th to quarter inch and sounded as it bottomed and wouldn't go no more. I looked down between the holddown and the injector on the bottom side and could still see the top metal ring just the injector hole in the head before torqueing the lower bolt but then couldn't see anymore. They all came out the same height on both sides so I hope I'm good.

Arisley

Reaction score
Never use the bolt to pull an injector down. Good way to strip a bolt hole out. I use a rubber dead blow and taps on the top of the injector, you will hear when it seats. Then simply torque the bolts to 120 inch lbs. The is only 10 foot lbs. Not very tight at all.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Thank you guys. Got it done fired it up after priming the fuel side and doing 2, 30 second cranks. She smoked a bit upon start up but cleared quicker then I thought. Took it for a ride and the first 2 good take offs it smoked and now pretty clean . I'm thinking I have to get my chip reburned as even just pulling a long grade at 60 the egts get to 1000. Hard pull n they will hit 12 to 1300. Never did that high before and it seems my oil pressure dropped about 3 to 4 lbs at idle warmed up. Maybie the oil pressure part is cause there's still air in the hpop rails but that's a seperate system. The egts are probabily just the stock tunes on my ts6

Latest posts

Members online