Higher micron filter than FS1000?

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Anybody have, or know of, or can suggest how to find a fuel filter/water separator similar to the FS1000, but in a higher micron rating like 50, 70, or 100 or so?

I would like to try one to see if my electric fuel pumps will last longer. I think 10 micron is too tight to suck through and hope for long pump life.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I am using a Dahl 200 with a 30 micron filter and have had no issues with my a1000. I might step up to the 10 micron since Dahl rates their filters as absolute and not nominal.
Photo0045_zpsu387qice.jpg

Nick7.3

Reaction score
I ran a walbro with a peterbilt filterhead and a fleetgaurd ff105 filter pre pump and I ran it 3 years and the guy I sold it to still is running it the same for the 4th year with no issues.. on a 7.3 anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I am using a Dahl 200 with a 30 micron filter and have had no issues with my a1000. I might step up to the 10 micron since Dahl rates their filters as absolute and not nominal.

You have any issues with road debris hitting the filters? looks like you got it mounted on driver-side-outer frame rail.

Do you happen to drive it in the cold?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I live in Florida so cold doesn't really happen but they make a heater for the filter if needed. I haven't had any issues with road debris but I have been thinking about making a shield for it when I have time.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Anybody have, or know of, or can suggest how to find a fuel filter/water separator similar to the FS1000, but in a higher micron rating like 50, 70, or 100 or so?

I would like to try one to see if my electric fuel pumps will last longer. I think 10 micron is too tight to suck through and hope for long pump life.

isn't the bf1212 a 30 or 40 mic filter?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Looks like the BF1212 is a 20 micron, I'll run that till I can get something less restrictive yet.
For some reason I can't find anything in the 50 or larger range.

Extended Power

Reaction score

What size inlet hose are you running to, and from the filter, to the pump?

I have a DAHL 200 as well, and have NEVER had issues with running a tight pre-filter, and a 100 micron post filter. (Just in case the pump sh!ts the bed.)
Aeromotive Marine grade 11110 pump.

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
Any type of checkvalve in the draw straw to prevent losing prime all the time?
With a full tank, not much issue, but once your down to a quarter or less....

Latest posts

Members online