Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket > 6.7 Tuning

Old 02-26-2017, 06:48 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Default SCT SOTF (Shift on the fly) GH/AS REVIEW

Been meaning to make a review on SOTF for the SCT platform these past few days and finally had a chance. I Received the GH SOTF tuning from from Mike last week along with the Switch and couldn't be happier. At first, I didn't think I'd use the feature. As many of you know, I keep my truck in the Race tune 99.99% of the time. It just works, smoke output is insanely low for how much power it puts to the ground (580rwhp dyno/track verified).

But I got to say, I LOVE IT, for anyone on the fence on SOTF, JUST GET IT. It's nice to be able to switch the tune back to stock when you hand the keys to someone, and also not have to worry about the trans relearning. I have about 1,000miles on the truck since I added SOTF. I lost count how many times I've switched between tunes with no issues. The trans still hasn't skipped a beat. The truck currently has 86,000 miles, tuned since 40k miles on the race tune 100% of the time, it currently has over 30 passes down the track and has even sled pulled. GH seems to be doing something right on the trans tuning!!!

On to the installation of the switch; I didn't take detailed pictures as they are provided when you receive the switch. I will say, pulling the wheel well liner makes life easier when you have to pull the wire through the firewall. I mounted my switch down low on the dash, I didn't want prying eyes seeing it and in turn ask what it is. Keep in mind, I don't have the center console, so you might not be able to install the switch in the same spot. Pictures below on where I installed the switch and how I routed the wire under the hood. The SOTF wire in the white one in the pics.

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Old 02-26-2017, 08:07 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

I agree with everhthing you said Jomax. I have put about 300 miles on mine. I am also running the GH/AS tunes. I pulled my 5th down to the mardi gras parade. I pulled it about 35 miles and man that exhaust brake works way better than stock. It really slows the truck down and keeps everthing under control. So far im loving it as well. Thanks for the write up/review.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:12 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

glad you guys are happy !!
H&S Motorsports / FASS Fuel Systems / Wilwood Brakes / Precision Turbo / Spearco / PMF Suspension / Midwest Diesel / Maryland Performance Diesel / Tyrant Tuning / PPEI / Chaos Tuning / GDP Tuning / TSD Tuning / PSP Diesel / ODawg's / Fleece / Wherli Custom Fab / ICON Vehicle Dynamics / Specialty Forged / American Force / KC Turbos / Flo Pro / MBRP / AFE Power / Ford Performance / AMP Research / King Shock Technology / Fox Racing Shocks / SOTA Offroad / Rigid Industries
Email for quickest response mike@nolimitdiesel.com or 1-800-581-8986
Old 02-26-2017, 09:05 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Like the Cat batteries !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MPD / CUSTOM INTAKE & BOOST PIPES
MPD CCV REROUTE, M1DWEST TUNED, 3.5" LIFT, 35" DURATRACS
O.U.O. TRAC BARS
5" AL DRIVESHAFT , EGR GONE
Old 02-26-2017, 09:24 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Nice!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2017, 09:58 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kxc View Post
Like the Cat batteries !

Thanks! The CCA, sealed batteries, and price are hard to beat!

Old 02-26-2017, 10:00 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8WR_ZJ View Post
I agree with everhthing you said Jomax. I have put about 300 miles on mine. I am also running the GH/AS tunes. I pulled my 5th down to the mardi gras parade. I pulled it about 35 miles and man that exhaust brake works way better than stock. It really slows the truck down and keeps everthing under control. So far im loving it as well. Thanks for the write up/review.

The exhaust brake is icing on the cake! It's crazy how hard it slows the truck down even unloaded with no trailer.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:01 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
glad you guys are happy !!

Super happy Mike!

Old 02-27-2017, 12:57 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Nice

No Limit Fabrication
Midwest Diesel & Auto
Old 02-27-2017, 06:10 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Mike,

For current customers running GH on their sct x4, what do we need to purchase to have sotf. Looks like jomax got me sold
4" ProFlo Down Pipe Back DPeeF Deelete
No Limit EGR Block Plates
No Limit Stage 2 CAI
SCT x4 with GH and Tyrant tunes
Old 02-27-2017, 06:31 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

nice jomax! I'm still waiting on a friend with a PC and the SCT software to upload mine. I have already mounted my switch though in that little cubby hole. going to keep it as out of sight as possible to keep people from wondering or using it when I hand over the keys
Old 02-27-2017, 10:36 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSU dirt man View Post
nice jomax! I'm still waiting on a friend with a PC and the SCT software to upload mine. I have already mounted my switch though in that little cubby hole. going to keep it as out of sight as possible to keep people from wondering or using it when I hand over the keys

So how did you mount it in that cubby hole? My switch wouldn't fit right. That was my original spot.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:35 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
So how did you mount it in that cubby hole? My switch wouldn't fit right. That was my original spot.

idk... I just drilled the main hole for the switch to run thru (somewhere between 3/8" and 1/4" diameter bit) then drilled a much smaller hole for the small plastic stub piece to stick into (keep the thing from rotating when I twisted it). then I just took the thin nut and grip/lock washer off the switch and placed it on the front side inside of the cubby and used a deep socket to gently tighten it. I'll try to take a pic or two tonight if I get the chance. I think my switch that rudy's sent me is smaller and different than yours though because the knob itself is a knurled metal one about the size of a .45ACP casing. I won't be using the little adhesive "1-5 settings" sticker though which says I N N O V A T I V E on it too strangely (i don't think they wrote the tune though). this truck will more than likely either stay in the highest setting or the tow tune while towing. I'll just count the clicks up or down I guess lol you gotta realize i did all this in about a 1/2 hour while drinking a couple beers and playing fetch with the dog. very little attention to detail was really used here haha. I'm just hoping it'll actually work when I upload the new tune, run the new wiring & tap the factory harness under the hood. Thanks for the heads up on the wheel well liner didn't think of that
Old 02-27-2017, 01:07 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAg56 View Post
Mike,

For current customers running GH on their sct x4, what do we need to purchase to have sotf. Looks like jomax got me sold
I called the number to no limit they sold me a sotf tune and a spar tin switch i believe. Downloaded the tune from the computer to the device. Install switch. Dowload tune to the vehicle. It was 300 hundred shipped. I think the 200 dollar price only implies if you are buying a new device and tunes from no limit.

Last edited by 8WR_ZJ; 02-27-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:22 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Cool man. I was wondering since I already purchased GH tunes originally if I need to buy tunes again that are for SOTF or if they will just send me an updated file
No Limit Stage 2 CAI
Old 02-27-2017, 02:30 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Mike,

$300 , price includes tunes and switch !
H&S Motorsports / FASS Fuel Systems / Wilwood Brakes / Precision Turbo / Spearco / PMF Suspension / Midwest Diesel / Maryland Performance Diesel / Tyrant Tuning / PPEI / Chaos Tuning / GDP Tuning / TSD Tuning / PSP Diesel / ODawg's / Fleece / Wherli Custom Fab / ICON Vehicle Dynamics / Specialty Forged / American Force / KC Turbos / Flo Pro / MBRP / AFE Power / Ford Performance / AMP Research / King Shock Technology / Fox Racing Shocks / SOTA Offroad / Rigid Industries
Old 02-27-2017, 02:31 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Cool man. I was wondering since I already purchased GH tunes originally if I need to buy tunes again that are for SOTF or if they will just send me an updated file
yeah, and it's $600 if you aren't e returning / current gh tune owner .
Old 02-27-2017, 02:46 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:

You'll have to buy the new tune. The SOTF is one tune that holds them all.

Mike beat me to it.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:18 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Well Jomax has given me good advice in the past so I went ahead and pulled the trigger! Luke at no limit answered all my questions and got me hooked up! Cant wait
No Limit Stage 2 CAI
Old 02-27-2017, 03:52 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Well Jomax has given me good advice in the past so I went ahead and pulled the trigger! Luke at no limit answered all my questions and got me hooked up! Cant wait

I try to lol. You'll love it!

Old 02-27-2017, 04:44 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

I think I may have to jump on this as well. It'll be icing on the cake with my current gh tunes.
16 250 tri-coat white, 22x12 AF satin black traxx with 325/50 terra g2, no limit goodies, flo pro exhaust, sct x4, recon smoked side and cab lights, retro solution led head and fog lights, icon 2.5" leveling kit with fox 2.0 shocks.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:47 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
I try to lol. You'll love it!

I 2nd this. You give good honest advice for sure
16 250 tri-coat white, 22x12 AF satin black traxx with 325/50 terra g2, no limit goodies, flo pro exhaust, sct x4, recon smoked side and cab lights, retro solution led head and fog lights, icon 2.5" leveling kit with fox 2.0 shocks.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:05 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Just to be clear. When moving the switch from one setting to the next, are you changing entire tunes transmission tuning and all? or is it just changing the amount of fuel?

From what I understand this SOTF is different from what was available on other platforms for sotf??? Any insight would be great. Basically is this just like SOTF with SPRTN and other companies on EZLYNK/ Ngauge/ Ndash or is it different?
No Limit Stage 2 CAI
Old 02-27-2017, 07:08 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:

Hey so attached are the pics i just quickly took. I didn't feel like mocking it all back up as the wife was complaining about getting inside but yea it all works and fits with this switch. I mocked it up Friday afternoon I believe and tested it then to make sure it was functional (as far as reach and turning the knob goes). Just don't feel like arguing with her tonight while I reinstall it lol. I don't think it's gonna be as easy to access as your installation directly on the dash below the steering wheel but I don't think I'll be using it that often either unless I'm towing (1-2 times a week usually at most). But yea here's the pics below and my apologies for how hasty they were. I will try to post up a completed pic once I have uploaded the the new tune and installed the switch again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2277.JPG (1.32 MB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2279.JPG (1.21 MB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2280.JPG (992.8 KB, 182 views)
Old 02-27-2017, 07:14 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Just to be clear. When moving the switch from one setting to the next, are you changing entire tunes transmission tuning and all? or is it just changing the amount of fuel?

From what I understand this SOTF is different from what was available on other platforms for sotf??? Any insight would be great. Basically is this just like SOTF with SPRTN and other companies on EZLYNK/ Ngauge/ Ndash or is it different?
on ours, yes the trans is completely different for each level .
Old 02-27-2017, 09:30 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Hey so attached are the pics i just quickly took. I didn't feel like mocking it all back up as the wife was complaining about getting inside but yea it all works and fits with this switch. I mocked it up Friday afternoon I believe and tested it then to make sure it was functional (as far as reach and turning the knob goes). Just don't feel like arguing with her tonight while I reinstall it lol. I don't think it's gonna be as easy to access as your installation directly on the dash below the steering wheel but I don't think I'll be using it that often either unless I'm towing (1-2 times a week usually at most). But yea here's the pics below and my apologies for how hasty they were. I will try to post up a completed pic once I have uploaded the the new tune and installed the switch again

Yeah, I see now how you're able to fit it in there, my switch is way bigger.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:17 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Yeah, I see now how you're able to fit it in there, my switch is way bigger.

yea sorry I couldn't be of more help man. hoping either way both switches will work out for us though. I'm just hoping the trans tuning on this new SOTF tune is nice. idk who Rudy's has writing them and they wouldn't say either
Old 02-28-2017, 11:58 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
yea sorry I couldn't be of more help man. hoping either way both switches will work out for us though. I'm just hoping the trans tuning on this new SOTF tune is nice. idk who Rudy's has writing them and they wouldn't say either

Oh you're good, I appreciate the pics! So far my switch works out great, I liked that I didn't have to tap into any wires, it just plugs into the IAT plug. Nice and clean.

At least for GH, trans tuning is great. Shifting isn't super hard, just right.

Old 02-28-2017, 12:32 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
weird that they wont say.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I'm still curious as to who is doing the tuning for them. Can't believe it hasn't been said yet. Might it be the Facebook tuning god
Old 02-28-2017, 07:12 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
weird that they wont say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcswetman View Post
I'm still curious as to who is doing the tuning for them. Can't believe it hasn't been said yet. Might it be the Facebook tuning god
I guess I should clarify that... when I asked the individual said he didn't know who was writing the tunes. I just didn't push it after that thinking maybe they wanted to avoid attention? Idk I will review the tune once my friend with his PC and SCT downloader program come thru. Mike if it seems to be a less than desirable tune I will gladly give you a shout for a GH tune potentially as it seems Jomax is very satisfied. The only reason I've purchased from Rudy's for the tuner/exhaust/block off plates and and now SOTF is that they're local/in-state, I started out buying from them back when I first got the truck and their prices seem fairly competitive with all those publicly advertised by everyone else. But again if I'm unhappy I'll give you a shout. You guys and the Midwest group appear to be the most involved vendors on this forum and I appreciate the feedback y'all have for us
Old 02-28-2017, 08:18 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Thanks for the review jomax
Old 03-01-2017, 10:25 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokelyfe View Post
Thanks for the review jomax

Glad to be of help.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:26 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Anyone have any interest in a 0-60 in each tune?

I'll also have track times this month at the NHRDA season opener.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:49 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Meh.. 1/4 mile times only get me giddy lol
Old 03-01-2017, 11:31 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:

Mike, I need it brotha! Lol

2015 f250
NL S2 Intake, egr ******, CCV re route
5" exhaust
H&S pipe
Gear head tunes

2017 F250
Old 03-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Am I reading correctly, this will work with the SCT X4?
Old 03-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronman View Post

Yes sir

•2013 F350 CCSB PLATINUM

•08 F-350 CCSB 950/1493
Midwest Diesel, Elite Diesel, RCD, OUO, No Limit Fab, PMF Fab
•1997 F-350 7.3, srw, rclb, 4wd, 5speed (work truck)
•Past rig: 2000 F-350 ccsb, 1100 hp 6.7 cummins
Old 03-03-2017, 12:35 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncollins64 View Post
Yes sir
NICE!!!
Old 03-03-2017, 12:39 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronman View Post

You'll love it!

Used it yesterday. Let my sister use my truck yesterday so I quickly put it back to stock. When she handed the keys back, she told me something is wrong it, it's not as fast as it once was.... .

Old 03-03-2017, 12:39 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cr450 View Post
Meh.. 1/4 mile times only get me giddy lol

Me too. Fingers crossed I get 12.99999999

Old 03-03-2017, 01:09 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Keep us updated. Breaking 12s would be sweet. Let us know about the DA and all too please
Old 03-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
You'll love it!

Used it yesterday. Let my sister use my truck yesterday so I quickly put it back to stock. When she handed the keys back, she told me something is wrong it, it's not as fast as it once was.... .

Lmao nice, can't say I wouldn't do the same for my sis. But on that point... the first setting it stock power levels? and then the other 4 settings are the corresponding GH tunes we had before?

Old 03-04-2017, 10:39 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95cobby View Post
Lmao nice, can't say I wouldn't do the same for my sis. But on that point... the first setting it stock power levels? and then the other 4 settings are the corresponding GH tunes we had before?

Yes sir.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:41 AM
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

Anyone else looking to get our SOTF setup, shoot me a message anytime! Nicest switch setup on the market. Very OEM look!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4936.JPG (521.3 KB, 236 views)

Text/Call (317)452-5522

- 2015 F-350 Platinum CCLB 4x4 - No Limit, Midwest, H&S, and Maryland Diesel under the hood

- 2015 F-350 Lariat CCLB Dually 4x4 - No Limit & H&S under the hood
Old 03-06-2017, 07:36 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob @ No Limit View Post
Anyone else looking to get our SOTF setup, shoot me a message anytime! Nicest switch setup on the market. Very OEM look!
Looks clean Jacob! That area is a nice spot if I wasn't using it for my valentine 1. Couldn't loose the 12v.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Hello everyone I'm new to the diesel world, I have a 2006 2wd 6.0, reading this article, looking into buying the sct4 what I need to get to add this ? Thanks for the help.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by juarez454 View Post
Hello everyone I'm new to the diesel world, I have a 2006 2wd 6.0, reading this article, looking into buying the sct4 what I need to get to add this ? Thanks for the help.

This SOTF is not available for 6.0 trucks, only 6.7 trucks.

Although you can get a SCT X4 with gear head tunes for a 6.0.

No Limit Fabrication
Midwest Diesel & Auto
Old 03-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Ok, thank you, where can I get it from?

Old 03-06-2017, 10:40 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Ok, thank you, where can I get it from?

ME !
Old 03-06-2017, 11:01 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
ME !

Awesome, I have a 2006 2wd 6.0 crew cab lariat, I used it for personal and towing. I have a 4" exhaust and S&B air intake. What do you recommend ? Thank you for the help .

Old 03-06-2017, 11:16 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Awesome, I have a 2006 2wd 6.0 crew cab lariat, I used it for personal and towing. I have a 4" exhaust and S&B air intake. What do you recommend ? Thank you for the help .

g e a r h e a d , call the number below, we'll get you taken care of and have the tunes made for you specifically !
Old 03-06-2017, 11:29 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:

Definitely give Mike a call! He's the only one I call for my goodies! I just ordered my SOTF and I can't wait for it to come in..

Thanks again, Mike. You're the man!

2015 f250
NL S2 Intake, egr ******, CCV re route
5" exhaust
H&S pipe
Gear head tunes

2017 F250
Old 03-06-2017, 11:44 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
ME !
This guy ^

No Limit Fabrication
Midwest Diesel & Auto
Old 03-07-2017, 12:38 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Got it thanks

Old 03-08-2017, 07:07 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Can anyone post a pic pointing out where to connect the switch to? I would appreciate it.

Also Mike, did my switch come with the 1-5 numbers that jacob posted above? Or is that special order? Thanks
No Limit Stage 2 CAI
Old 03-09-2017, 12:56 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...72694725680218

it's PPEI's product but the same concept as far as connecting to the wire harness goes

Last edited by NCSU dirt man; 03-09-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:18 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...72694725680218

it's PPEI's product but the same concept as far as connecting to the wire harness goes

It does NOT connect in the same sensor. GH used the CAC temp sensor harness. No splicing required.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:21 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Can anyone post a pic pointing out where to connect the switch to? I would appreciate it.

Also Mike, did my switch come with the 1-5 numbers that jacob posted above? Or is that special order? Thanks

This connector on the CAC tube, and is where you take the harness off and connect it to the switch wire

I then routed the wire next to the battery.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:13 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:

I don't have the stickers. But honestly, I see no reason for it. It's pretty easy to remember what time you're in, plus having the numbers just screams I have a tuner.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Plus mine never leaves race tune unless im towing the 5th wheel. So i literally need two positions.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:46 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Thanks for the pics Jomax. Thats exactly what I needed to see
No Limit Stage 2 CAI
Old 03-10-2017, 05:48 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Im guessing the safe route is to load the tune first, then install the switch?
No Limit Stage 2 CAI
Old 03-10-2017, 07:33 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Nope install switch first is what my directions say.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:24 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Im guessing the safe route is to load the tune first, then install the switch?

I installed the switch first As I didn't get the tunes right away. Just left it unplugged.

I'd just install the switch first, then load up the tune. If you really want to load up the tune first then the switch. Just to be safe, I wouldn't drive the truck till the switch is installed. I don't know if there's a fail safe if the switch fails or isn't installed, to automatically go to the stock tune. You'd have to ask Mike that.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:55 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Got my sotf from no limit and going to do the install tomorrow!
Old 04-01-2017, 11:49 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnazzaro View Post
Got my sotf from no limit and going to do the install tomorrow!

Cool! Don't forget to remove the fender liner to fish the wire through the firewall. Makes life easier.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:29 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Cool! Don't forget to remove the fender liner to fish the wire through the firewall. Makes life easier.
Yup, you can remove the one bolt that's on frame closest to firewall and pull the liner back far enough to reach your arm up in there.. that's what I did instead of taking the whole liner out.

Also, is it just me or do these sotf tunes smoke a lot more than the normal single tunes without sotf?
Old 04-03-2017, 05:46 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I only get smoke from mine once every few days, and it seems to when I don't let it warm up for a few minutes...acts like the vanes are sticking for a few seconds then it's fine..might do it 2 or 3 times then all is good

I part of me wishes I didn't spend the extra on the SOTF....its never come out of the high tune
Old 04-24-2017, 10:10 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Jomax, you have your switch plugged into the CAC, correct? If so, can you see what your CAC temps are on 1-5? I have a switch thru someone else and want to verify that my readings are right with the AS/GH sotf tunes.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-25-2017, 10:18 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

I want SOTF! I have a SCT X4 that was with the truck when I purchased it. It has IDP tunes on it. Its a 2015 F-350 6.7, it went on a diet pretty early in its life. What are my options for getting into a SOTF setup??

Sold - 99.5 CCLB - PIS 175/80s, Irate T4/BASB, Adrenaline, Irate Reg Return, Dual stock pumps, Beans Sump, Hydra, ******** tunes, Mighty Trans Built 4R100
Old 04-25-2017, 10:50 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by f100cleveland View Post
Jomax, you have your switch plugged into the CAC, correct? If so, can you see what your CAC temps are on 1-5? I have a switch thru someone else and want to verify that my readings are right with the AS/GH sotf tunes.

Thanks!!!

Temp didn't work, it showed like 60degrees or something close to that as a default I assume?. Switch is plugged into the CACT sensor hole.

Right now I'm back to my old race tune. My truck is a finicky pig. Computer didn't like the CACT sensor being unplugged as the fuel rail temp sensor was going crazy not seeing it. Mike is fixing it, so until then I'm back to my old reliable tune.

I do miss the SOTF though!

Old 04-25-2017, 10:51 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC714 View Post
I want SOTF! I have a SCT X4 that was with the truck when I purchased it. It has IDP tunes on it. Its a 2015 F-350 6.7, it went on a diet pretty early in its life. What are my options for getting into a SOTF setup??

Call Mike at No limit.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:01 AM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Call Mike at No limit.

yes call me ! 800-581-8986 !
Old 05-23-2017, 07:38 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Just wondering how the SOTF is working for everyone? Are the SOTF tunes the same as the regular. I have GH and want SOTF, but haven't been entirely impressed with the shifting. Not bad, but wondering if there is something better? Thinking about trying a test file from Cale. Is the SOTF control the same for both?
Old 05-23-2017, 11:17 AM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenz View Post
Just wondering how the SOTF is working for everyone? Are the SOTF tunes the same as the regular. I have GH and want SOTF, but haven't been entirely impressed with the shifting. Not bad, but wondering if there is something better? Thinking about trying a test file from Cale. Is the SOTF control the same for both?
knob is the same. we are the exclusive supplier of the cact switch for gh and tyrant. hit me up if you wanna try a file from cale and get a switch.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:29 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Temp didn't work, it showed like 60degrees or something close to that as a default I assume?. Switch is plugged into the CACT sensor hole.

Right now I'm back to my old race tune. My truck is a finicky pig. Computer didn't like the CACT sensor being unplugged as the fuel rail temp sensor was going crazy not seeing it. Mike is fixing it, so until then I'm back to my old reliable tune.

I'm having the same problem, getting a PO181 code after installing switch and SOTF tunes. I'll be calling NL Monday morning.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:24 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
knob is the same. we are the exclusive supplier of the cact switch for gh and tyrant. hit me up if you wanna try a file from cale and get a switch.
Do the MW tunes with the streetmax have a sotf sct4 option?
Old 06-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Jomax did you ever get your truck back with sotf? Just wondering why I never got the code yall got lol. Been running it for a while and everything has been fine, although I never take it out of level 5 unless I decide to start fking around with it, which doesn't last long before its back on 5. Just wondering if their is a newer sotf tune out
No Limit Stage 2 CAI
Old 06-26-2017, 01:22 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Jomax did you ever get your truck back with sotf? Just wondering why I never got the code yall got lol. Been running it for a while and everything has been fine, although I never take it out of level 5 unless I decide to start fking around with it, which doesn't last long before its back on 5. Just wondering if their is a newer sotf tune out
it's possible to get a code in position 1 , some trucks get it , some dont. it'll show as an open circuit to the pcm and read negative temp. we're working on the switch as we speak, its being custom built for us now, whereas before it was using a somewhat existing board with our custom temps ( resistances) built in.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:33 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

I just got the same code when i towed my 5th wheel. That's the only time i go to position 1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2017, 02:48 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:

No I didn't, it's me really, haven't messed with it. The race tune never changes lol. I need to plug it back in and try it again, being I changed some stuff when I was having CAC issues.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:01 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

If for any reason I did switch tunes to old non sotf from GH or I also have 1 tyrant tune, could i leave my sotf cable plugged in? Or would I have to unplug it and plug back in the sensor? Will probably never happen but just good to know
No Limit Stage 2 CAI
Old 06-27-2017, 09:18 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
If for any reason I did switch tunes to old non sotf from GH or I also have 1 tyrant tune, could i leave my sotf cable plugged in? Or would I have to unplug it and plug back in the sensor? Will probably never happen but just good to know

Unplug and plug the sensor back in.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:08 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

So, if I understand correctly, the power levels are 1) stock 2) +50 hp 3) +100hp 4) +150hp and 5) +180hp?
Old 07-20-2017, 08:11 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
So, if I understand correctly, the power levels are 1) stock 2) +50 hp 3) +100hp 4) +150hp and 5) +180hp?
correct, that can vary thru model years 11-12 , 13-14 , and 15-16 , but close for sure .
Old 07-20-2017, 09:41 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Cool, thanks as always mike. Just wanted to verify before I try to tow my 40' 5th wheel.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:32 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Just installed all the goodies yesterday,little confused . When loading the custom tunes (Tyrant) there is two files in there one says sotf the other says No power. I loaded the Sotf one. What is the other one for?
Old 08-01-2017, 07:10 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawII View Post
Just installed all the goodies yesterday,little confused . When loading the custom tunes (Tyrant) there is two files in there one says sotf the other says No power. I loaded the Sotf one. What is the other one for?
In case the sotf breaks you have a backup tune to load
Old 08-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

I just received my switch yesterday. Is this the new version of theswitch or still the old?
Old 08-02-2017, 12:48 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock1129 View Post
I just received my switch yesterday. Is this the new version of theswitch or still the old?
there is an updated version for the 11-12 . once all the existing switches for 13+ are gone, it will be the same switch for 11-16 for for all tuning that uses CACT as the reference.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:30 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I still have yet to get a CEL lol. Although I never drive on level 1.

Do any other tunes for the x4 use the same switch that GH uses? I know other tunes plug into other places than the CAC like gh does. Just wondering if I could switch back and forth between tunes using the same switch.
No Limit Stage 2 CAI
Old 09-01-2017, 08:26 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
I still have yet to get a CEL lol. Although I never drive on level 1.

Do any other tunes for the x4 use the same switch that GH uses? I know other tunes plug into other places than the CAC like gh does. Just wondering if I could switch back and forth between tunes using the same switch.

Mike should have tyrant tunes that work on it. But honestly that's a question only Mike can answer. I honestly have no idea.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

������������ tennnn4! Hey Mike!
No Limit Stage 2 CAI
Old 09-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

does Mike still respond to PMs on here? I cant get a response from him on here or FB
No Limit Stage 2 CAI
Old 09-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Mod Squad
Member's Gallery

Yeah but it's probably easier to just call the shop
1-800-581-8986
Old 09-04-2017, 01:53 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
does Mike still respond to PMs on here? I cant get a response from him on here or FB

He's probably off this weekend.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:11 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:

Did you ever get this sorted out? I am having the same problem with CEL and SOTF GH tunes. Every time I call and email I get the run around that "they are working on it." Tempted to go back to a single tune as well.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:27 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by COF350 View Post
Did you ever get this sorted out? I am having the same problem with CEL and SOTF GH tunes. Every time I call and email I get the run around that "they are working on it." Tempted to go back to a single tune as well.

these can be very tempermental. call tomorrow and ask for me. extension 101 , i'll fix it.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:28 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by COF350 View Post

Honestly. Never tried it again. Truck never leaves the race tune. It's kinda nice just forgetting about tuning and what not. I just drive the piss out of it. I do want to try it again. But work is keeping me busy. I have a list of things I need to do on the truck. Lol

Old 09-23-2017, 10:15 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

How is the SOTF working for everyone? I would like to pull the trigger on it. Trying to figure out between GH or Tyr*nt tunes.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:06 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
How is the SOTF working for everyone? I would like to pull the trigger on it. Trying to figure out between GH or Tyr*nt tunes.
key ken ! been working well on both ! they've worked together on this project.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:59 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Cool to hear Mike. Luke got me setup with a test file for Tyr*nt and the latest for GH. The Tyr*nt was pretty good but definitely smoked more than I am used to. Loaded the GH yesterday and I think something is wrong with the tune. From a complete stop and taking off its like a 4 second delay where the truck is like crawling along then it winds up and breaks the tires loose. I'll have to give you a call next week about that. Also does the trans shifting change with each power level.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:31 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Cool to hear Mike. Luke got me setup with a test file for Tyr*nt and the latest for GH. The Tyr*nt was pretty good but definitely smoked more than I am used to. Loaded the GH yesterday and I think something is wrong with the tune. From a complete stop and taking off its like a 4 second delay where the truck is like crawling along then it winds up and breaks the tires loose. I'll have to give you a call next week about that. Also does the trans shifting change with each power level.
what air intake are you running?
Old 09-25-2017, 02:05 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Banks ram air without cover.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:13 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Have the same lag problem with stock intake and GH tow tune, I've read that three folks are complaining about the same issue on other forums. It's getting better as the truck is warmed up and I put more miles on the tune. Got about 150 miles so far and it seems to be improving the more I drive it. Was told by NL it has something to do with the adaptive transmission learning. I'm going to give it some more time to improve. I don't really want anymore smoke in my tunes so I'd like to get the GH tune dialed in, plus I don't want to spend any more money on tunes if it's not necessary....
Old 09-28-2017, 06:31 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Called NL did revision and works awesome. Think I like the GH compared to Tyr*nt. But only have Hot Street and Street for now. Definitely like the new GH compared to the old ones I had been using.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:28 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
I have the same issues with my GH tunes but I've only ever ran it on "race", or the hottest tune. Don't know how the others act. Also when it shifts it acts like it puts all the tm back into it and cuts the power, then throws you back in the seat again after the shift. Almost like driving a stick shift is what it feels like until its warmed up. Then it still does it but not nearly as bad. Anyone else having this issue with GH? Love the tunes other than that though. Are the new SOTF tunes like that?
Old 09-28-2017, 09:33 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

I had this issue^ but with the standard gh tunes.. tyrant tunes totally different... i believe it may be just what my truck likes.. not sure. Almost felt like a non vgt lag feel down low
Old 10-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

This is going to sound silly but i lost about 2mpg going with the G/h sotf tuning. anyone else see a decrease in mileage?
Old 10-26-2017, 12:00 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Nope i saw an increase in mileage. Hand calc same pump everytime.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:54 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
This is going to sound silly but i lost about 2mpg going with the G/h sotf tuning. anyone else see a decrease in mileage?
call the shop we can see if there is anything we can try. its definitely not normal, but not out of the question either.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:13 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Have you been "testing" the power output of the tune more frequently???

Old 11-05-2017, 10:13 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

I installed the SOTF with GH tunes. When I put it on the race tune I get a POO7D at start up. I can clear it and it will come back as soon as I start the truck back up. I also occasionally get a P0181 too on any of the settings. The truck seems to run fine. Anyone else have this happen?
Old 01-03-2018, 04:14 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

I too have been getting the P0181 code now that it has gotten cold its annoying. You can clear it and it comes right back. Is there a fix for this Mike?
Old 01-04-2018, 01:47 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I get it any time its below freezing. Really annoying when I dont have a chance to clear it right away and lose the remote start function the for the next morning
Old 01-04-2018, 04:06 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:

I don’t feel crazy anymore or stupid. I thought it was something I did wrong. I dropped 2mpg hand calculated and my driving style has not changed at all. I even tried to baby it and could get what I was getting

Old 01-04-2018, 04:13 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Nope i saw an increase in mileage. Hand calc same pump everytime.

How much of an increase and which tune was u using prior to these ? I was running IDP getting 18-20 and now I get 15-16

Old 01-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor943 View Post
How much of an increase and which tune was u using prior to these ? I was running IDP getting 18-20 and now I get 15-16

I was stock getting 15-17 maybe squeak 18 on a long highway trip. Now I get 17-19 and straight highway trip I've gotten 23.1 back and forth to houston twice on the same tank. I have 1.25 inch shorter than stock tires (not my choice on the tires I was in a bind and all they had in stock for the load rating) and 3.31 gears in my truck. I also do not drive over 75mph unless there is someone that deserves it....

Old 01-04-2018, 11:57 AM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
I too have been getting the P0181 code now that it has gotten cold its annoying. You can clear it and it comes right back. Is there a fix for this Mike?
working on it now, anybody who has experienced this code, pm me .

Last edited by bigrpowr; 01-04-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:31 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

How are you guys replacing the 12v outlet next to exhaust brake? Just looking at my switch I don't think that will work. Were you guys using the old switch? It must have been larger. Mine would fall through the hole I think?
2015 F250 platinum, flopro 5", jones turbine 5050xl, polished No Limit intake piping & intercooler, jenny craig, sotf gear hedd tune, Rigid DOT fogs, Chinese 40" radius led, Amp steps, weathertechs, Edge CTS2, titan tank, Dieselsite fuel & coolant filter, Blue ox gooseneck, Hellwig bars, retrofit projectors, Linex plat, Retrax cover,full Carli 2.5" backcountry, Fox 2.0 res shocks, Toyo RT 37", OUO ala, bars, truss, levelers
Old 01-31-2018, 07:57 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

My switch is pretty large. I think it is the old Spartin sotf switch. I have seen a few people epoxy a small washer with the right size hole or fill it in completley with epoxy then drill it out to the right size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2018, 09:50 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Been thinking about shift on the fly kit for my truck. The biggest thing I'm looking for is to avoid the transmission learning curve if I change powers. I have a lot of miles on my truck (193,000) & with my current tunes, when I change them, will act very funny the first few times it shifts through all the gears then really balances out after a few hundred miles. I do like how my updated tunes (updated last month) shift though.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:53 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

There is no relearn when you turn the switch.

Old 04-26-2018, 06:54 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

When you switch levels does the trans tuning change too ? Can you have a real conservative smoke free tune at lowest setting and then a max effort tune at the high setting without any issues ?

MPD / CUSTOM INTAKE & BOOST PIPES
MPD CCV REROUTE, M1DWEST TUNED, 3.5" LIFT, 35" DURATRACS
O.U.O. TRAC BARS
5" AL DRIVESHAFT , EGR GONE
Old 04-26-2018, 08:06 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
When you switch levels does the trans tuning change too ? Can you have a real conservative smoke free tune at lowest setting and then a max effort tune at the high setting without any issues ?

Yes I know Mike at no limit said that there were differences in the tunning. I know it shifts harder when in max tune and you have your foot in it. Also it may just be in my head but it seems the EB works harder when in the tow tune position. I have logged about 16k miles with this tuning. I was having an issue with the lockup TC in 4th. I reset the trans adaptive learning and it has been fine since. Guess it had a parameter it learned that didn't work with the tuning or something. Trucks shifts better now than it ever has.

Last edited by 8WR_ZJ; 04-26-2018 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:17 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Anyone here using SOTF tunes from Texas Diesel Performance?
Old 05-03-2018, 09:38 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
I installed the SOTF with GH tunes. When I put it on the race tune I get a POO7D at start up. I can clear it and it will come back as soon as I start the truck back up. I also occasionally get a P0181 too on any of the settings. The truck seems to run fine. Anyone else have this happen?
I got the fuel temp code a lot. Got a nee tune. It went away but now it has a howl/siren sound at idle. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor943 View Post
I don’t feel crazy anymore or stupid. I thought it was something I did wrong. I dropped 2mpg hand calculated and my driving style has not changed at all. I even tried to baby it and could get what I was getting

I lost 2 mpg from my previous tunes that where probably a orginal set of p i p tunes when i switched to gh sotf
Quote:

My gh sotf tunes are smoke free and runs very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeColt View Post
Never heard of them
live life full throttle
Old 05-04-2018, 08:18 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
As you were... It's Diesel Performance of Texas. Here's a link;

Reason I'm asking is because they were who my local shop got my tuner from a few years ago & I have their custom tunes already so I'd get a discount getting the SOTF system from them.

Might ask if they could just do away with the Race tune & tweak the Street one for me so I have stock, tow, street, street, & performance. I got codes as well with race since I have no aftermarket stuff on my fuel system or anything.

Last edited by bigrpowr; 05-10-2018 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:07 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
As you were... It's Diesel Performance of Texas. Here's a link;

Reason I'm asking is because they were who my local shop got my tuner from a few years ago & I have their custom tunes already so I'd get a discount getting the SOTF system from them.

Might ask if they could just do away with the Race tune & tweak the Street one for me so I have stock, tow, street, street, & performance. I got codes as well with race since I have no aftermarket stuff on my fuel system or anything.

On my old 2015. I ran the GH non SOTF race tune 24/7. 120k miles zero issues when I traded it in. Towing too.

Last edited by bigrpowr; 05-10-2018 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:31 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
On my old 2015. I ran the GH non SOTF race tune 24/7. 120k miles zero issues when I traded it in. Towing too.

My truck just didn't like it. The moment I put it on the tune, you could hear the difference at idle. Almost like a cylinder wasn't firing. Truck almost was gargling. Then the light came on.

I also ended up with a transmission coolant line leak after going up to the Race tune. Almost like the pressure was to high & stretched the seals. Might have simple been due to age, but I don't know for sure. Injectors may be getting weaker as well. I'm at almost 200,000 miles.

I just don't want to roast my truck. I originally wanted the tunes just to get rid of all the EGR/*** crap & increase efficiency but once I started messing with the higher powers, I was sucked in.

I think I may upgrade in a month or so when I get my bonus from work. I will see what they can do to tweak the file for me & report back to let everyone know my results.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:53 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
My truck just didn't like it. The moment I put it on the tune, you could hear the difference at idle. Almost like a cylinder wasn't firing. Truck almost was gargling. Then the light came on.

I also ended up with a transmission coolant line leak after going up to the Race tune. Almost like the pressure was to high & stretched the seals. Might have simple been due to age, but I don't know for sure. Injectors may be getting weaker as well. I'm at almost 200,000 miles.

I just don't want to roast my truck. I originally wanted the tunes just to get rid of all the EGR/*** crap & increase efficiency but once I started messing with the higher powers, I was sucked in.

I think I may upgrade in a month or so when I get my bonus from work. I will see what they can do to tweak the file for me & report back to let everyone know my results.
Have you asked them about tge issues you have yet?

live life full throttle
Old 05-10-2018, 11:39 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:

yeah , doubtful the tunes had ANYTHING to do with your issues. there's thousands of people out there with them and virtually none reporting those issues. as for stretching the seals .. im sorry but whoever told you that could physically happen is yanking your chain.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:12 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnlocker View Post
Have you asked them about tge issues you have yet?

live life full throttle
Yes. I was told the CEL was from using the Extreme tune (now Race) without anything aftermarket in my truck. The shop updated my tuner to the newest tunes. I haven't tried Race yet. Was worried I'd have issues, but I think it may have just been by chance it happened.

Quote:
yeah , doubtful the tunes had ANYTHING to do with your issues. there's thousands of people out there with them and virtually none reporting those issues. as for stretching the seals .. im sorry but whoever told you that could physically happen is yanking your chain.
I have had issues with the people I had do the work (and gave me this information) recently. The more I just did research myself & learn, the more I know they're just trying to sound very knowledgeable when they're not.... on top of just being dishonest. I wish I went somewhere else when I started all this years ago.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I just paid for the switch & the new tunes. Had some unexpected income & figured I'd just do it. Hopefully it all works out. $330 even. Going to install myself.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:21 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I just got finished installing the switch & loading the tunes on my Tuner. 0 instructions came with the switch as far as install, use, loading tunes, etc. The only thing it came with was instructions if you let the washer fall off to limit it to 5 settings again & how to test it with the small LED & button on the back. Did do the test & it was correct. I'm getting short, one worded responses from the place I purchased from. Looks like I'm 0-3 on customer service from diesel performances places....

Anyways, I went out & drove a bit up & down the highway as well as in town after having everything loaded & installed to what I think is properly. I can't tell if I'm getting changes between the power levels on the switch. I can definitely tell the transmission isn't shifting differently between the different levels.

I attached a few pictures of the install & what is now on my tuner. The file I loaded onto my truck is 11-12 SOTF 0-120 Stock Trans.

From what little the tuner has replies to me, I guess it means 0-120HP adjustments with Stock shifts? Next file would be 0-180HP adjustments with Performance shifts?

Sorry to be clogging up this thread with my ignorance.... just looking for some help to be sure I'm doing things correctly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KIMG0579.JPG (524.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg KIMG0580.JPG (529.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg KIMG0582.JPG (456.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg KIMG0583.JPG (454.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg KIMG0584.JPG (453.5 KB, 33 views)
Old 05-17-2018, 07:26 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
I just got finished installing the switch & loading the tunes on my Tuner. 0 instructions came with the switch as far as install, use, loading tunes, etc. The only thing it came with was instructions if you let the washer fall off to limit it to 5 settings again & how to test it with the small LED & button on the back. Did do the test & it was correct. I'm getting short, one worded responses from the place I purchased from. Looks like I'm 0-3 on customer service from diesel performances places....

Anyways, I went out & drove a bit up & down the highway as well as in town after having everything loaded & installed to what I think is properly. I can't tell if I'm getting changes between the power levels on the switch. I can definitely tell the transmission isn't shifting differently between the different levels.

I attached a few pictures of the install & what is now on my tuner. The file I loaded onto my truck is 11-12 SOTF 0-120 Stock Trans.

From what little the tuner has replies to me, I guess it means 0-120HP adjustments with Stock shifts? Next file would be 0-180HP adjustments with Performance shifts?

Sorry to be clogging up this thread with my ignorance.... just looking for some help to be sure I'm doing things correctly.
who did you purchase from ?
Old 05-18-2018, 04:24 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
who did you purchase from ?
Diesel Performance of Texas.

I believe I figured it out. Each file has different shifting but adjustable powers. Stock shift file shifts stock, Performance like their performance tune, Race like their Race.

I thought that I was going to get different shifts with different levels... disappointing. No CEL on level 5, Race though.

Wish I had know about No Limit before starting all this. I see the feedback you give on the forum here... very helpful & everyone has good things to say.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:19 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Diesel Performance of Texas.

I believe I figured it out. Each file has different shifting but adjustable powers. Stock shift file shifts stock, Performance like their performance tune, Race like their Race.

I thought that I was going to get different shifts with different levels... disappointing. No CEL on level 5, Race though.

Wish I had know about No Limit before starting all this. I see the feedback you give on the forum here... very helpful & everyone has good things to say.
call here and ask for jeff. i'll have him shoot you a test file and a switch and we'll see if we can get you some good stuff

800-581-8986
Old 05-18-2018, 05:49 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
call here and ask for jeff. i'll have him shoot you a test file and a switch and we'll see if we can get you some good stuff

800-581-8986
That reason right there is why Mike's gets my cash!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2018, 09:20 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:

Thanks buddy ! nobody deserves to get taken , not when its an easy fix.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:33 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:

800-581-8986
I tried to call. Voicemail was full. I'm in Texas & I think y'all are in California... probably not open when I called. Will try later. I appreciate it.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:23 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:

Do you actually use polish when on the knob or just spit? Lmao

Good point though. Lol. I still need to email and ask about my last question i asked about. Plus i think i may have messed up my first set of sotf tunes when i updated my x4. I have no 5th gear at all unless it is at wot...

live life full throttle
Old 05-19-2018, 11:24 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Lol good silver polish. Nah he just has the best customer service and great support after the sale. Figured I would other people know.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:17 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Lol good silver polish. Nah he just has the best customer service and great support after the sale. Figured I would other people know.

Lol..

Yeah, i do agree. Just had to bust your balls a lil..

live life full throttle
Old 06-15-2018, 02:15 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I swear, my truck has a curse! I got the stuff from No Limit about a month ago but the tunes didn't work on my truck. Confirmed everything was good to go with the switch. Gave them stock file information & they've been working on a new file for a couple weeks. Getting nervous that my truck just doesn't want to shift power on the fly as I want it too. For now, I'm just on the stock power level. Truck is running fine but I miss the extra power! Good people at No Limit so I'm sure they'll figure it out. Said I'm truck number 3 in all the years they've done this that had this problem. Go figure!
Old 06-15-2018, 08:38 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
I swear, my truck has a curse! I got the stuff from No Limit about a month ago but the tunes didn't work on my truck. Confirmed everything was good to go with the switch. Gave them stock file information & they've been working on a new file for a couple weeks. Getting nervous that my truck just doesn't want to shift power on the fly as I want it too. For now, I'm just on the stock power level. Truck is running fine but I miss the extra power! Good people at No Limit so I'm sure they'll figure it out. Said I'm truck number 3 in all the years they've done this that had this problem. Go figure!
you shouldnt be stuck in stock power, just load a standard tune , they all go out with a tow file for this exact reason. we can send you a other levels as well, but yeah some trucks act funny for no apparent reason. we'll get it figured out.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:36 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
you shouldnt be stuck in stock power, just load a standard tune , they all go out with a tow file for this exact reason. we can send you a other levels as well, but yeah some trucks act funny for no apparent reason. we'll get it figured out.
I meant it was stuck in stock with the SOTF file. I did end up loading up another tune that I had. I'm sure you guys will figure it out & look forward to it! It's just gotten to the point that it's comical to me how my truck seems to fight me on stuff all the time.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:08 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
yeah, and it's $600 if you aren't e returning / current gh tune owner .
What if you had GH in your old vehicles & this is a new vehicle & want to run the same tunes? I can't remember where I received them from last time, possibly him directly. I have ran them in a couple trucks. Hands down the best tunes I have tried.

$600 + canada exchange rate is like $10,000 lol. Good thing there is no tariff.
2018 Jeep, JLUR