Nitto Trail Grapplers v. Toyo Open Countrys

6.4lStroker

Reaction score
Trying to decide which to mount on my '17 Plati.

37's on the stock wheels.

I have experience with the Open Countrys but I have never had Trail Grapplers.

sootie

Reaction score
toyo all day. either a/t or m/t. avoid the r/t.

i have trails on my f350 which is stock so not enough power to spin them and after 8k miles, the rears are already down about an 1/8 more than the front. Too soft.

Sterling B.

Reaction score
I've had both. Toyo MT 255/85R16 and Trails in 285/75R16. I've enjoyed having the Trail Grapplers much more than the Toyo MT. They toyos were trashed after 20K. I'm just a hair over 30K on the trails and still going for another 5-10k.

Trail grapplers are actually quieter than the toyos were as well if that matters to you. Although it's not a direct comparison in size, maybe it'll help you a hair in your decision. :thumbup:

Koda22

Reaction score
I loved my trail grapplers, will be going back after these tires......Id say I got close to 40k on my last set. they also seemed to handle everything I threw at them

sootie

Reaction score
I had terra grapplers on my duramax and they lasted 20k

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Jgon08

Reaction score
toyo all day. either a/t or m/t. avoid the r/t.

i have trails on my f350 which is stock so not enough power to spin them and after 8k miles, the rears are already down about an 1/8 more than the front. Too soft.

Why avoid the r/t just curious I've been looking at them for the 17?

sootie

Reaction score
Been multiple counts of sidewall failure. Also, they have no more traction than the a/t, just more noise. It seems they arent up to the same quality as the older designs. Only benefit is they come in some wider sizes

TXAG07

Reaction score
I love my RTs. Quiet for the size and tread pattern, ride very smooth, and looks like I'll get 50k+ out of them. Trails I had road rough and were louder than expected. Just due to look (sidewall mainly) I'll probably go toyo mt next. I have considered the ridge grappler too.

skate918

Reaction score
I've had good luck with both Toyo's MT and Xtreme AT models. Just depends what look your going for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jgon08

Reaction score
Been multiple counts of sidewall failure. Also, they have no more traction than the a/t, just more noise. It seems they arent up to the same quality as the older designs. Only benefit is they come in some wider sizes

Good to know.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.