7.3 cps

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
its been a while and ive searched and searched and its too confusing with so many different answers. Whats the best new cps and color? The long lost black one from international is long gone sadly so whats the new best one that's been tried and true? Price is not important.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I went straight to international and bought several. They were dark blue and some were gray. I installed the blue ones and haven't had any issues. I think clay at riffraff sells the dark blue ones as well.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
What about the dark gray with purple o-ring for the obstacles in our 99 to 03's? I've heard the engine is less noisy and runs smoother with this one.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Dark blue international 1876736C91
Gray w/purple o ring 1876735C91

I didn't notice any difference between the 2. I bought 3 of each and currrently running the dark blue.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Will that work good in my 02? What about a black one number 1821720c99 ? I can get 2 new ones off a neighbor that's had them for spares the past 10 years

ncollins64

Reaction score
I think they would be just fine in an 02 , but if you can get some new black ones I'd def grab them up. Let me know if you wanna sell one LOL

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
he said he has 2 ill check to make sure. ofcoarse he wants $100 bucks a piece but I do know the black one I originally had went 200k miles and always ran great in my truck. Figured if it went that long a hundred bucks is well worth it vs changing these damn new ones every 2 to 3 years. Its been so long since ive changed mine but I do believe I put the dark blue with purple o-ring in it when I did and that was about 50k miles ago or 4 to 5 years so they last pretty good. I just noticed lately that the tach isn't moving when im cranking to start and idle is a bit weird and loud even after all 8 injectors and cups installed. The tunes may be making it idle weird and louder (a lot quieter then with the old injectors) but a bit louder then others ive heard. Just got the strictly diesel crossover in the mail today so ill have to get that installed and see what it does sound and idle wise. My hpop is original and with stage 2 splits it may just be at its time to be swapped to the adrenalin pump. Ill install the higher flow low pressure oil pump at that time then too. maybie I should go back to 15w-40 instead of the t6 5w-40 I been running for 5 years. Choices choices lol ill get er figured out. Swamps is currently burning my ts6 with the right tunes for there splits I just installed. Just put a new icp in it today and didn't change much but I haven't driven it enough to get the air out yet either so well see. im banking on a new cps, ipr and adrenalin hpop next. then save for a bts lol cause this stocker with 255k on it isn't going to go forever.

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
This just makes me even more happy I got a free black one last summer. Pretty sure it was Lincolnlocker who found them for sale online a couple years ago and bought them all I think.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
READ------> http://www.powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43949&highlight=Delphi&page=16

Black ones are still out there

uve8u5en.jpg

b9ae73e5c2ac825b700eae70bb98f0cb.jpg

Also.......
There are two different Delphi part #s
- HTS101
- HTS101G <------ This is the one you want.

And don't forget about the magnet trick.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
That's awesome I've looked all over for black ones since 2014 and couldn't find any. I have no idea why they would stop the production of them. I always say if it isn't broke don't fix it.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
what's the magnet trick? Never heard of that.

Take both CPS designs and try picking up different things (nuts, washers, bolts, etc, etc). You will notice that the magnet in the black design is stronger compared to the gray design style. Don't know if it means anything but an observation due the hall effect design of the CPS.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Take both CPS designs and try picking up different things (nuts, washers, bolts, etc, etc). You will notice that the magnet in the black design is stronger compared to the gray design style. Don't know if it means anything but an observation due the hall effect design of the CPS.

Billy T.
[email protected]
oh ok yep I have tried that before and the difference was really noticed. The black had almost twice the strength it seemed vs the gray ones.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Billy T.
[email protected]
stronger magnet means stronger signal so it picks it up quicker.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
there are replicas out there like the one auto zone or advanced auto parts sells that us a BWD but need to add another ground or shunts to wiper motor.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.