Consider my first SuperDuty

jagged155

Reaction score
I've been considering a diesel for a while and the new Super Duty really has my attention. I prefer a shorter wheel base, but would I regret getting a Super Cab instead of a Crew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yes. Especially when it comes to resale. There's a really nice built extended cab for sale in the classifieds right now. I have a feeling it's not selling because of the extended cab over regular or crew.

Jomax

Reaction score
Single cab is where it's at really.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Get the Excursion. It's the short wheelbase. Hauls a ton of people, and the 7.3L pulls great.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
Do You wanna go fast or do you want to have something still fast-ish but can carry more people?

If go fast is all that matters, Regular Cab.

Me personally, if it's your only truck, Crew Cab hands down. Every time.

I made the mistake of buying a Super Cab (Extended Cab, whatever) and I regret it big time.

Jomax

Reaction score
Do You wanna go fast or do you want to have something still fast-ish but can carry more people?

If go fast is all that matters, Regular Cab.

Me personally, if it's your only truck, Crew Cab hands down. Every time.

I made the mistake of buying a Super Cab (Extended Cab, whatever) and I regret it big time.

Crewcabs can still be stupid fast. I agree though, crewcab hands down. I bought an ext cab OBS 3 years ago to daily. That lasted about a month.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Crewcabs can still be stupid fast. I agree though, crewcab hands down. I bought an ext cab OBS 3 years ago to daily. That lasted about a month.

Agreed, all 3 cab configurations can be made fast no matter what, I'm just saying if all you care about is trying to go fast, Regular cab hands down because it weighs the least.

But yeah, most people would agree get a crew cab for overall general purposes.

Especially if you get a 17+, the rear seats are humongous, basically like a Dodge Mega Cab now

Jomax

Reaction score
Agreed, all 3 cab configurations can be made fast no matter what, I'm just saying if all you care about is trying to go fast, Regular cab hands down because it weighs the least.

But yeah, most people would agree get a crew cab for overall general purposes.

Especially if you get a 17+, the rear seats are humongous, basically like a Dodge Mega Cab now

Sat in the back of a 17. It's insane!

Reaction score
As somebody who went from a crew to an extended cab I didn't find it to be a huge change. Mind you I have a toolbox which allows me to store a lot of my extra stuff out of the cab. Unless you're moving a lot of people constantly, not a huge deal. I'm 6,6', my dad's 6,5', brothers 6,2' and mom's 5,9' , we lived with just extended cab trucks up until two years ago when mom got her 2012, it's not really that bad. Plus if you're buying used, you get them way cheaper, that's how I was able to get into my 6.7.

jagged155

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I took a detour from buying a '17... randomly came across a perfect 02 F-350 7.3 Extra Cab Short Box 4x4. It's the best cared for truck I have ever seen. Will probably take everyone's advice and do a 2018 Crew next year

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I took a detour from buying a '17... randomly came across a perfect 02 F-350 7.3 Extra Cab Short Box 4x4. It's the best cared for truck I have ever seen. Will probably take everyone's advice and do a 2018 Crew next year

nice!.. post up a few pics if you bought it!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jagged155

Reaction score
Ended up with the 2002. Very well cared for but of course I have already done a ton of work to it.

First pic is how I bought it but with the addition of new suspension.

Second is how it sits now.

70d6c71885e6c5901e84d27646411e3e.jpg

c44c465b2ef69edc653c7208f8a6b0f9.jpg

2002 F-350 Lariat SCSB 7.3 4x4. Banks Stinger, Banks Ram-Air, X-codes. Bilstein 5100's. Moog problem solver steering. ARB Panhard. 285/75 BFG AT's. Fuel line fix.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.