ATF question

hondahater4ever

Reaction score
I am coming up on 30k miles soon, and I wanted some input on brand of ATF when I change my tranny fluid. Should I stick with OEM ATF? I was leaning toward Amsoil ATF, whats your thoughts and opinions.

Kxc

Reaction score
I am coming up on 30k miles soon, and I wanted some input on brand of ATF when I change my tranny fluid. Should I stick with OEM ATF? I was leaning toward Amsoil ATF, whats your thoughts and opinions.

LE all day for everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I do not want to go with that company. Going with a non OEM ATF is ok in these transmissions?

You require a rep from whatever oil company you purchase from to assure the oil meets a specific anti shudder thresholds, has at least a 40/40/0 @ 5 min 4146 and is at least a touch higher vis. LV is low vis, or around 28 cSt @40C I like our 1150 which is around 34cSt@40C. You're against using my product, however, it works so well you can use its testing slates as a guide if you want.

Let me know if you have any questions about power fluid testing slates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondahater4ever

Reaction score
Well you guys talked me into it, I ordered the Lubrication Engineers ATF. Still going to stick with Amsoil for my engine oil though.

hondahater4ever

Reaction score
Been using it for years and always had good results, my last diesel was a 2000 VW TDI I owned since 13k miles young went all the way too 378k before I sold it and never had any engine issues what so ever and used amsoil every oil change every 10k miles.

Last edited:

hondahater4ever

Reaction score
I am not saying it's not better, but the Amsoil did the job extremely well. I am in contact with jimdawg185 and getting some information on his motor oils but I am partial to Asmoil as of right now.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I understand that your partial to amsoil. But that's not the question. What I'm asking is if there is a better oil than amsoil available to you. Wouldn't you want to use it?

hondahater4ever

Reaction score
Depends on price, availability, if I can see first hand how good it is over a a couple hundred thousand miles

dsberman94

Reaction score
Half this forum runs it. It solves lots of things that happen with these trucks that happen when you run store bought oil. I'd trust this stuff over anything else on the market right now as far as lubrication goes. And that's for everything, motors, trans, differential, equipment grease. Anything else jim sells, I'd buy, probably Girl Scout cookies too.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Wait Jim seels cookies? Heck im down for a dozen boxes...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online