Fraud like this makes me wonder...

imelmo

Reaction score
That's just like the climate change scientists. They get grants for "proving" it exists, nothing if it doesn't.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
That's just like the climate change scientists. They get grants for "proving" it exists, nothing if it doesn't.

Danny hit the nail on the head.

Scientist wants to study the mating habits of grey squirrels. Funding denied. Changes grant application to Mating Habits Of Grey Squirrels And There Effects Related To Climate Change... Poof. 5yr grant. Continue the narrative and funding becomes near limitless.

Spatel23

Reaction score
"If such lawsuits are successful, the whistleblower can receive a reward. Damage awards can be as much as three times the size of the alleged fraud."

HOLY CRAP !

Where does this money come from ?!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Lol wut.....

If you don't see the difference a filtered vs a non filtered truck makes, you're extremely ignorant.

Filtering does Aton to clean up the air

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
One of my instructors was on board with a school system that retrofitted filters onto entire fleets of buses. Mainly 444E's and 466's. Within 3 years the attendence of the kids was damn near perfect thanks to the clean air.

I'm a fan of fleets and school systems keeping filters intact. Your average Joe, not so much.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
"If such lawsuits are successful, the whistleblower can receive a reward. Damage awards can be as much as three times the size of the alleged fraud."

HOLY CRAP !

Where does this money come from ?!

Damage award would come from the defendants not given to the whistle blower. Most whistle blower awards are maybe 10% of the "savings".

redneck1

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but saying climate change doesn't exist, that there's no proof, and than unfiltered exhaust doesn't effect it is just plain stupid
Fake news, false info. It's easier to fool a man than to convince a man he's been fooled. Climate change is real I see it every day, and I'm glad for it. I don't want 100 degrees all year. To think your pickup affects that, that's egotistical.

But keep talking how you're saving the planet by burning more fossil fuels with your filtered exhaust, I'd like some more explanation. (Carbon footprint)

I'd also like to hear about the gubment having the technology for free energy and not releasing it. Follow the money, that will show you what they want you to believe.

Ps this needs to go to the politics thread.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
Never said burning though a filtered exhaust was saving the planet, but it's hurting it a hell of a lot less than unfiltered. But its true, in the grand scheme of things, the percentage of us who do remove all emissions equipment is miniscule and pretty much irrelevant. And we have plenty of tech for free energy, solar, wind, hydro and geothermal to name a few. Why do you need the government to release it?

andrewtac

Reaction score
Nothing is free, especially energy. All energy companies exist for the sole purpose of making money. If they could sale us something free to increase profits they would. Can't say they are evil money hungry folks and then think they wouldn't take advantage of free energy.

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
Oh for sure energy companies will suck every cent from you that they can, but if one were to invest in a wind turbine or solar panels then you would have free energy. Aside from buying them obviously. Some might even get paid by the electric company for putting power on the grid. A farm just down the road from me has a few panels and he says he gets paid just about every month

superpsd

Reaction score
And there have been many articles about the fact that none of these free energy gimmicks can supply what fossil fuels give us. As for particle matter it's more of a human respiratory issue than a climate problem. Some of these solar investments have been a bust. There was an article about one of the biggest solar farms killing off birds and blinding pilots and wind farms and the birds they kill off. Nuclear is clean but dangerous. Hydro kills the fish. There is no fairy tale power that technology has developed. CNG was suppose to be green except the many issues that come with fracking from earthquakes, contaminated water aquifers and methane leaks. Sure filtered diesel trucks are clean but typically burn more fuel per mile. What about all the energy and emissions created from extracting that extra amount of fuel from the ground that is wasted. No free lunch. Not to mention that even carb admitted that these filter systems reduce life span of the equipment. As for electric vehicles... Who plans to dispose of the used lithium Ion batteries once they are millions more cars on the road. http://www.greencarreports.com/news...t-happens-to-them-after-coming-out-of-the-car

If you had a truck running a filtered exhaust VS a non filtered truck and ran them the same it seems the non choked off truck typically shows much better fuel economy. Even if it's just 1mpg better average over the entire lifespan of say 200K miles how much fuel was not burned? That's a lot of fuel saved.

Last edited:

andrewtac

Reaction score
Oh for sure energy companies will suck every cent from you that they can, but if one were to invest in a wind turbine or solar panels then you would have free energy. Aside from buying them obviously. Some might even get paid by the electric company for putting power on the grid. A farm just down the road from me has a few panels and he says he gets paid just about every month
Investing requires capital, or money. Again nothing is free. If it was as cost effective as fossil fuels they'd be on it like white on rice. Solar, wind, etc works but does not have the energy density we get from fossil fuels (and other things).

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
The only reason people complain about birds and fish dying from those things is because you can immediately see them dying. With coal plants and stuff, the pollution goes into the sky and kills the animals a few hundred miles away. There is no perfect solution. But as of now, "green" energy is still the better way. Case in point- basically all of Europe.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Europe is predominantly nuclear and coal. There has been a big push towards renewables, but the reality is that they are either not efficient enough are do not supply during peak demand. Germany is bringing on coal fired power to fill the gaps. I'm sure in time that alternative tech will be at a point that fossil fuels are no longer needed but it's juts not there yet.

JRLott

Reaction score
I firmly believe in climate change. Recent examples include Time Magazine covers from the 70s and then fast forward to more rent covers from the 00s to present. Both quote essentially the same "scientific" causes by some of the same propagandists...I mean scientist, though with dramatically different outcomes.

As examples of slightly older evidence, I postulate the earth was a bit chilly when large furry elephants (known as mammoths) roamed, and a bit warm when earth was inhabited by big lizards. I very seriously doubt homosaphead, in general, and fossil fuel burning vehicles specifically were responsible for either of these cool/warm climates. Therefore, I remain sceptical that homosaphead is the direct or indirect cause of more recent cooling/warming trends.

Latest posts

Members online