Just wrecked my truck. Looking for front end upgrades

Wayne

Reaction score
I've got a '15 lariat, and I just wrecked the front end over the weekend. I'm looking for recommendations on aftermarket parts/ upgrades. Anything I can't find that's better will just be new OE parts, but now's the time to upgrade what I can that's broken.

Stuff I gotta replace:

COMPLETE grille & mounting brackets- wanting PTM, plus get rid of the giant center bars

Complete bumper with all brackets & fog lights- thinking PTM Road armor stealth pre-runner with round light holes, but open to suggestions

All the coolers behind the grille except the primary radiator (already have a new OE unit)

The rest of it is pretty set in stone on the repair, but if any of you have a good deal on take-off parts, I'd like to know about it.
IMG_20170708_172003003.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
Do an unlimited engineering bumper from trick truck on here.

Sorry about your luck...

Wayne

Reaction score
The bumpers suggested so far do have their appeal... :toast:

Perhaps I should also mention this truck is going to be sitting on 40's & 20x12 fuel beast wheels, with a One Up Offroad 10" lift within the next couple months. It's a lot to visualize from where it's at now with the boring stock look. I some times have a hard time wrapping my head around it. Clearing tires is also a factor in choosing a bumper due to the lift/tire combo. I don't know if that changes things on suggestions being made, but food for thought. There are certain trucks I like chrome on, but this is not one of them, and I'm pretty certain I'll go red on the bumpers, but black is still in consideration. Does anybody have pics of PTM headlights with black inner portion and HID's? Thinking of going this route.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
If it's going to be on 40s / 10" lift I'd do a Fusion with some Rigid Q Series fog lights. No need for a bro bar then. Maybe add a Smittybilt M1 Grill too with PTM surround? I've always liked that look but can't pull it off on my 2 tone truck. If you're doing a bumper with round holes I'd look at BajaDesigns fogs. Pricey but they do perform.

Last edited:

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Going way up in the air you probably don't need grill protection, so maybe this one would be to your liking. Personally I think they look better w/ the valance, but this customer is not running one.

I can make you a really good deal on one.
40002B-real.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
If it's going to be on 40s / 10" lift I'd do a Fusion with some Rigid Q Series fog lights. No need for a bro bar then. Maybe add a Smittybilt M1 Grill too with PTM surround? I've always liked that look but can't pull it off on my 2 tone truck. If you're doing a bumper with round holes I'd look at BajaDesigns fogs. Pricey but they do perform.

Baja designs also makes square fogs and they make rigid look like Chinese lights in light output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne

Reaction score
I just checked out the baja designs. Super nice lights, with a price to match. Any other high quality HID/LED recommendations for round lights? I'm not a fan of the plastic lenses in the rigid stuff, especially since they don't offer service parts, and require you to send the whole thing in for any repairs. Anybody here have experience with PIAA LED's? I've used the halogens, but they don't have the output I'm looking for. Any lights I will add will be for function, so I don't see a "bro bar" in my future.

The whole bumper thing is a tough one. I do like the both fusion and the unlimited engineering without the grille guard. Some of the bumpers on the market look like they belong on a space ship, and I'll definitely be avoiding those.

Has anybody on here done the carriage works grille insert? I'm considering it, and the smittybilt ones, but haven't seen detailed enough pics of how they look up close to make up my mind.

tricktruck do you have any detailed info on how your bumpers are built on the inside? I'm just wondering how easily they can be dented, and the repair process involved, as well as weight.

Jomax

Reaction score
I just checked out the baja designs. Super nice lights, with a price to match. Any other high quality HID/LED recommendations for round lights? I'm not a fan of the plastic lenses in the rigid stuff, especially since they don't offer service parts, and require you to send the whole thing in for any repairs. Anybody here have experience with PIAA LED's? I've used the halogens, but they don't have the output I'm looking for. Any lights I will add will be for function, so I don't see a "bro bar" in my future.

The whole bumper thing is a tough one. I do like the both fusion and the unlimited engineering without the grille guard. Some of the bumpers on the market look like they belong on a space ship, and I'll definitely be avoiding those.

Has anybody on here done the carriage works grille insert? I'm considering it, and the smittybilt ones, but haven't seen detailed enough pics of how they look up close to make up my mind.

tricktruck do you have any detailed info on how your bumpers are built on the inside? I'm just wondering how easily they can be dented, and the repair process involved, as well as weight.

If you want LED lights for function. Just bite the bullet and go Baja designs. They make round lights as well.

Tricktrucks bumpers are fully boxed. I think they're the toughest bumpers out there.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Our bumpers are extremely strong. All the skins are 11ga steel and the entire substructure (the winch box) is 1/4". The main front skin in front of the which structure is backed up by the 1/4" so you've got 3/8" thick steel.

The 'Stealth' model is about 155lbs according to my idiot child the computer.

Here's some slices that I rendered for you which ought to tell the story better than I can in words.
StealthEndslice4.jpg

StealthCenterSlice.jpg

StealthBackslice2.jpg

StealthBackslice1.jpg

Complete backside
StealthBack1.jpg

Front of it rendered
StealthFront.jpg

I have one of these ready to go in black powder coat. It was a display model so it may have some scuffs, but you'll probably want to change the color anyway to match your rig. IMHO the best looking ones are color matched with the openings blacked out. Like this guy did.
IMG_20161112_161423641_HDRLarge.jpg

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Our bumpers are extremely strong. All the skins are 11ga steel and the entire substructure (the winch box) is 1/4". The main front skin in front of the which structure is backed up by the 1/4" so you've got 3/8" thick steel.

The 'Stealth' model is about 155lbs according to my idiot child the computer.

Here's some slices that I rendered for you which ought to tell the story better than I can in words.
StealthEndslice4.jpg

StealthCenterSlice.jpg

StealthBackslice2.jpg

StealthBackslice1.jpg

Complete backside
StealthBack1.jpg

Front of it rendered
StealthFront.jpg

I have one of these ready to go in black powder coat. It was a display model so it may have some scuffs, but you'll probably want to change the color anyway to match your rig. IMHO the best looking ones are color matched with the openings blacked out. Like this guy did.
IMG_20161112_161423641_HDRLarge.jpg

It's a pity these didn't sell like crazy. I wish I needed a bumper like that. Only one I'd ever buy.

C2tuck

Reaction score
You could always "need" a bumper Jomax...

Do any of us really "need" anything we do to our trucks?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
If you live anywhere there's deer you 'need' this bumper.

Always amazes me though, people freak out on the price, but drop $5k in tires/wheels and $8k in a turbo & pipes to fry the tires.

I guess it's because Ranch Hands are so cheap.
failedRanchHand.jpg

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
If you live anywhere there's deer you 'need' this bumper.

Always amazes me though, people freak out on the price, but drop $5k in tires/wheels and $8k in a turbo & pipes to fry the tires.

I guess it's because Ranch Hands are so cheap.
failedRanchHand.jpg
That must have been a huge deer........

Latest posts

Members online