Added same running lights/blinkers under my steps

DudeManScott

Reaction score
Some might thinks it's a little much but I really like them, they stay on with the lights but blink when the blinker is on. They are also wired to the dashboard dimmer, along with the visor lights. So if I want I can dim them both, or can turm them off completely but can still see the gauge lights and have the headlights on.

Also when the headlights are off and the courtesy lights come on, when the doors are opened, they have white leds that turn on.
87edb4b9e3d033fca72326203bef2eba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CJunkie

Reaction score
That's pretty sweet. Feel free to post more pics of it we love those!

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

DudeManScott

Reaction score
Think they're illegal in my state.

See that a lot on ricers.

I am in California so I am sure it is illegal here too, driven by a few cops already though and haven't had any issues but I wouldn't be surprised if I get pulled over at some point

PDT1081

Reaction score

DudeManScott

Reaction score
It probably would be different for my 6.7. I'm just looking for some running lights that will also light up my steps.

Are those mounted under your steps, shining straight down? How bright is the white function?
Yeah it's just 3m adhesive tape and they are facing straight down. I'd say the white light is equally as bright, if you look at the Amazon ad, there are 60 LEDs of white and 60 LEDs of orange, also says they are the same kind of LED. So makes sense they would be pretty much the exact same brightness.

I can take a picture when it gets dark.

If you are not wiring them up as blinkers your wiring will be super easy. Just need to figure out which wire going to your normal running lights is only hot when they are on, hook that up to the yellow wire.

Then, find a wire that is only hot when the courtesy/cab lights are on and hook that to the red wire. ( I used the wire coming out of the door open sensor)

Then just hook up the ground!

Note as the ad says, the orange light always has priority, meaning if your running lights are on, and the LEDs are orange, opening the door will NOT turn on the white LEDs, the white LEDs will only turn on when your running lights are off, and you open a door/turn on the courtesy lights

DudeManScott

Reaction score
Here are some photos. The orange and white are pretty much the same brightness
b18e0551646ab3fe155cefa0527d33bd.jpg
852a7acaa29ff6b178572e88b338a2dd.jpg
f52de17be382885fb7eba646e5488166.jpg
134d3e81db0182e483d598a9cb7dd46b.jpg