No boost. Need help!!

THETANK01

Reaction score
My dad called me last night. He is headed back from Alaska heading to SE Louisiana. Driving 2015 F350 dually bone stock pulling a 43' open range 5th wheel. Climbing some slopes in south west Canada and all the sudden hears a noise and looses all boost. I don't think it's the turbo as there is no screaming noise. All temps look fine only alert on dash in coolant additive message. Not enough power to really continue on his trek home. Any idea what could be going on or what to check??

Call or text me (Thor) at (985) 774-7363 as I don't check forum as often as I should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score
6fc85cb562b867441a98698c42b1b6b0.jpg

That's a replacement kit but that's where it's located...

sootie

Reaction score
yep, plastic connector on cold side pipe where it connects to the throttle valve.

THETANK01

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with him. It was in fact on the cold side but it was the lower (closer to drivers side) clamp. Non adjustable clamp is how he explained it. I told home to find some hose clamps to get him by for now.

sootie

Reaction score
not sure that you and him are on the same page. get him to send a pic and post it here.

THETANK01

Reaction score
He just blew it again. Ford in Canada says 10-14 days. He was putting the clamps back on and found this ring. He's asking if anyone knows what it is???

38e6859eeba92f24f41a4d625701081d.jpg

THETANK01

Reaction score
Let me be a little more clear 10-14 days before they can work on it. He is going to try and limo nearest to Portland he can get. Maybe he made it into Washington him the last day or so.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
If he is headed for Portland, have him call ahead to Vision Diesel in Donald. They are about 30-minutes south on I5. He needs the H&S replacement part. There are 2 versions. One for stock and one for tuned. They should be able to put it on for him.

uncool

Reaction score
Glad your pops is headed home safe.

Is it me or does it look like the ford engineer was walking through Home Depot, grabbed a few pieces of ABS pipe and said "this will save us millions!"

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
no offense, glad he gettin home. BUT, call mike get replacement part from h and s. They pop all the time. not worth the headache next time. very common, no rhyme or reason. not a time or mileage thing

dsmracing1

Reaction score
no offense, glad he gettin home. BUT, call mike get replacement part from h and s. They pop all the time. not worth the headache next time. very common, no rhyme or reason. not a time or mileage thing

The OP's dads truck will surely do it sooner than later being that he tows a 43ft 5th wheel. It's the heat soaking of the plastic that causes it to blow...

Like mentioned by Big Juice, get a metal replacement pipe...

THETANK01

Reaction score
I went ahead and passed the message along to him. We shall see what he does.

Latest posts

Members online