Ficm reloaction harness

co04cobra

Reaction score
Is there anyone who happens to make a kit? Or knows of a place that could make it in a timely manner?

I know you can use a Eseries harness and do it, but I do not have the time to do it myself at the moment.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Off the top of my head I don’t know of anyone. I know you can buy the pigtails themselves to lengthen the harness. Where are you wanting to relocate it to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Towerguy

Reaction score
Will be watching this for replies. I saw a photo awhile back where somebody relocated theirs to the spot where the driver's side battery used to be. They relocated their battery somewhere else and made a bracket to mount the FICM. I'm guessing they used the E-series harness. VERY clean looking install and left me wanting to do the same on my truck. Especially after my FICM died on a job site and ended up with a $450 tow bill back to a dealer in Austin, TX. As much time as I spend on the road for work I now consider a spare FICM to be part of my spares. Easy access to it would be ideal.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I think there is a pretty descent market for it if someone would spend the time to make them.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Broke down and made one today.

image.jpg

Eseries harness cut apart.

I can't get the other pics to download but it wasn't hard. Just took some time.

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
image.jpg

Didn't take the pis sideways but that's how they uploaded.

Last edited:

shmoozer

Reaction score
The amount of heat the FICM sees is the primary reason for me wanting to relocate it.
Later this winter or upcoming spring I’m going to order the pigtails and make a harness.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Getting away from heat has to increase the longevity. I had to move this one bc of a compound setup.

Towerguy

Reaction score
Not just the heat but also the vibration from being mounted on the engine. Even with the rubber isolators it can't be good. After having two failing FICM's and a third that died on me with no warning while out of town working and 120 miles from my hotel, I now consider a spare FICM part of my first aid kit. Moving it to a place that gets it out of the hot zone as well as making it more accessible is something I've been hoping someone would address with a nicely done kit.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Not just the heat but also the vibration from being mounted on the engine. Even with the rubber isolators it can't be good. After having two failing FICM's and a third that died on me with no warning while out of town working and 120 miles from my hotel, I now consider a spare FICM part of my first aid kit. Moving it to a place that gets it out of the hot zone as well as making it more accessible is something I've been hoping someone would address with a nicely done kit.

If someone were to make a kit I could see it being in the $500-$700 range. However, saving only 1 ficm could quickly justify it. The main problem I see is that to be true plug n play, a male end would need to be sourced for the PCM correlation plug.

In the 2nd picture I posted that is where we are extending the existing harness using the plug from the eseries.

shmoozer

Reaction score
If someone were to make a kit I could see it being in the $500-$700 range. However, saving only 1 ficm could quickly justify it. The main problem I see is that to be true plug n play, a male end would need to be sourced for the PCM correlation plug.

In the 2nd picture I posted that is where we are extending the existing harness using the plug from the eseries.

Those are the pigtails that you can buy, I’m still on the hunt for a way to get the male ends. I’m of the same mindset that there is a market for such a kit.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Looking good! I was thinking about going to the same spot lol

co04cobra

Reaction score
This still is long way from finished, but worked enough to get the truck back running today.

image.jpg

shmoozer

Reaction score
What size are those chargers?

Latest posts

Members online