Anyone running precision turbo?

NMSVT

Reaction score
Is anyone running a precision turbo on their 6.7? Particularly a 7675? I haven’t seen anyone with one, just curious. I have one and was thinking of maybe throwing it on my truck. Came of my Lightning, that truck is going back to a blower setup.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Is anyone running a precision turbo on their 6.7? Particularly a 7675? I haven’t seen anyone with one, just curious. I have one and was thinking of maybe throwing it on my truck. Came of my Lightning, that truck is going back to a blower setup.

You'll need dual pumps and injectors to run it efficiently. You'll want to consider a motor build as well. Unless you like windowed stock blocks

Big R just put a precision 7685 out in front of his Stock VGT on his 2017 17' F250.

He used to run a Precision Super Farm 3x3 (75mm turbo) on his white 13' 6.7, it ran really good from what I saw.

Several people on here run the smaller Precision 6870 and have had fantastic results with it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

should run good. will prolly make around 1000 to the wheels. you need a ton of supporting mods. i'd say about $30k in stuff .

50_shooter

Reaction score
should run good. will prolly make around 1000 to the wheels. you need a ton of supporting mods. i'd say about $30k in stuff .

Was yours very drivable? I always wondered if it was a pita. I figured some of the mods would have to be way looser torque and lower gears. My 6870 can be a bitch in the right situation with stock gears and torque. Not very often though.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Was yours very drivable? I always wondered if it was a pita. I figured some of the mods would have to be way looser torque and lower gears. My 6870 can be a bitch in the right situation with stock gears and torque. Not very often though.
His thread for his white truck still had the vids from when it was on there earlier on in the thread. It looked really driveable to me. It also had a built motor, twin pumps, comp 6R and 60% injectors too lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
His thread for his white truck still had the vids from when it was on there earlier on in the thread. It looked really driveable to me. It also had a built motor, twin pumps, comp 6R and 60% injectors too lol

mine had 100% RCD and a 2200 stall precision converter. it was very driveable, just had to learn how to drive it , but there were moments like uphill on ramps, where if it didn't kick down quick, it was nightfall for everyone around. that happened pretty rarely, and i had it down pretty well . that was with a stock cp4 and a 10mm stroker CP3 . truck made 950 on my stingy dyno and blew the tires off at 75mph , at will .

NMSVT

Reaction score
You'll need dual pumps and injectors to run it efficiently. You'll want to consider a motor build as well. Unless you like windowed stock blocks

Big R just put a precision 7685 out in front of his Stock VGT on his 2017 17' F250.

He used to run a Precision Super Farm 3x3 (75mm turbo) on his white 13' 6.7, it ran really good from what I saw.

Several people on here run the smaller Precision 6870 and have had fantastic results with it.

Built 6.7 no thanks! Well at least right now... Have my hands full with the lightning at the moment. Wouldn't want to make crazy power maybe around 600hp /900tq but maybe this turbo is overkill for that. Unless I could have it dialed down some but yet again might not be as efficient or in the right power band. Just want to whip some local 6.4s and newer 6.7 15+ ******d only of course....

I'll look into the precision 6870 you mentioned

NMSVT

Reaction score

Gotcha thanks for chiming in. Id probably be better off with a upgrade turbo kit you or Midwest diesel sell for my power goals. 1000hp in a diesel would be nuts!!
:redspotdance:

Id love it don't get me wrong but then new trans too and all other supporting mods would add up..

Black AOD

Reaction score
mine had 100% RCD and a 2200 stall precision converter. it was very driveable, just had to learn how to drive it , but there were moments like uphill on ramps, where if it didn't kick down quick, it was nightfall for everyone around. that happened pretty rarely, and i had it down pretty well . that was with a stock cp4 and a 10mm stroker CP3 . truck made 950 on my stingy dyno and blew the tires off at 75mph , at will .
I thought it had 60% first?

50_shooter

Reaction score
Built 6.7 no thanks! Well at least right now... Have my hands full with the lightning at the moment. Wouldn't want to make crazy power maybe around 600hp /900tq but maybe this turbo is overkill for that. Unless I could have it dialed down some but yet again might not be as efficient or in the right power band. Just want to whip some local 6.4s and newer 6.7 15+ ******d only of course....

I've got a lot of miles on a 6870. No built motor. Just tuner, dual fuel, turbo kit. Dynod 703.7. I have had it for a long time. Truck has 117k on it now. I love it, but I wouldn't go any bigger for a daily driver. I pull trailers from time to time and it is a handful if I don't turn tuner all the way down.

sootie

Reaction score

I wouldnt go to all the trouble of mounting that precision just to hit 600hp. Its attainable with a modded 17 vgt turbo and a 15+ fuel pump. All ford parts reliability and direct bolt in.

Jonnydime

Reaction score

I've got a Garrett GT4088R that will be for sale soon that should be pretty rowdy on a 6.7 at around 600 hp.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I wouldnt go to all the trouble of mounting that precision just to hit 600hp. Its attainable with a modded 17 vgt turbo and a 15+ fuel pump. All ford parts reliability and direct bolt in.

I agree with Ron. If you're looking to make around 600whp juts do a modded VGT and upgrade your pump/injectors to 15+ and get some good tuning.

Going Non VGT you will lag a little more (not much) and you lose your exhaust brake. You gain a a stronger turbo and a little bit more overall power with a Non VGT and imo the exhaust note sounds much better.

NMSVT

Reaction score
I've got a lot of miles on a 6870. No built motor. Just tuner, dual fuel, turbo kit. Dynod 703.7. I have had it for a long time. Truck has 117k on it now. I love it, but I wouldn't go any bigger for a daily driver. I pull trailers from time to time and it is a handful if I don't turn tuner all the way down.

I'll look into the 6870. I'm glad it's worked out good for you on a stock block. I see you have a built transmission though!

NMSVT

Reaction score

Exactly what I was thinking, best better off like that rather than overkill with this turbo and like you said direct bolt in :)

NMSVT

Reaction score
I agree with Ron. If you're looking to make around 600whp juts do a modded VGT and upgrade your pump/injectors to 15+ and get some good tuning.

Going Non VGT you will lag a little more (not much) and you lose your exhaust brake. You gain a a stronger turbo and a little bit more overall power with a Non VGT and imo the exhaust note sounds much better.

Are injectors necessary? I know the revised ones 15+ are better but what are the 13-14 injectors good for?

And I agree, the Non vgt sound better for sure! Just the lag but nothing a good tune can't remedy. :rockon:

Black AOD

Reaction score
Are injectors necessary? I know the revised ones 15+ are better but what are the 13-14 injectors good for?

And I agree, the Non vgt sound better for sure! Just the lag but nothing a good tune can't remedy. :rockon:

Off top of my head I don't remember tbh

Most people just upgrade the injectors when they do the 15+ pump, Ford updated the injectors in 2015 when they updated the pump.

I just always understood it as the 15+ injectors were changed to keep up better with the higher output the 15+ pump offered.

I wanna say somewhere around 9% increase in fuel output or something like that for 15+ pump and injectors

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Gotcha thanks for chiming in. Id probably be better off with a upgrade turbo kit you or Midwest diesel sell for my power goals. 1000hp in a diesel would be nuts!!
:redspotdance:

Id love it don't get me wrong but then new trans too and all other supporting mods would add up..

hit me up with a PM and i'll walk you thru all your options, we stock all available turbo kits , 600 is relatively easy , just depends on how you wanna get there.

50_shooter

Reaction score
I'll look into the 6870. I'm glad it's worked out good for you on a stock block. I see you have a built transmission though!

Yes I do have a Midwest trans. It's been great too. Stock injectors in mine. I started with a precision 6466, which was probably well over 600. I thought that would be good enough when I started, but I soon yearned for more. Ended up having Midwest put the 6870 on it and didn't really lose any spool, and it really woke the truck up. I had been sled pulling locally, and was always 3rd place or so it seemed. With the 6870 it's rare if I don't win. If I don't win it's always against a really hot truck that's trailered in. Mine is a daily driven work truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.