Anyone have popping in the front end after Dana 60 swap?

chaselee

Reaction score
Like title says. Did the d60 and 4" last week. Ever since I've got a popping in my driver's front. At first I thought it was just the new/tight ball joints or tie rods, but I've got several hundred miles on it now and no better. Maybe even gotten a little worse. It's only when I'm turning.

chaselee

Reaction score
I can always double check, but everything was tight a couple days ago when I went back over it.

Bugman

Reaction score
Does it happen at slow speeds?

If so have someone watch the front end as you turn and see if they can see anything moving.

chaselee

Reaction score
Does it happen at slow speeds?

If so have someone watch the front end as you turn and see if they can see anything moving.

Yes. Mostly turning into a driveway or in a parking lot. I took it over to a buddy's the other day and of course it wouldn't do it for anything.

Bugman

Reaction score
Take him out to a large parking lot and have him follow you around. Hit the brakes a few time to simulate bumps. It should happen sooner or later.

Do you notice it more with right or left turns? Which ever one does it more that is the way that I would turn as he watches.

chaselee

Reaction score
No it does it both ways, but it's only the left side that I hear it from.

chaselee

Reaction score
It was a couple days ago when I rechecked everything. I don't have a torque wrench but I hammered everything down hard with a big ass snap on impact.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Shackle bushings warn? Core support isolator mounts good?

But will cause popping at low speeds, turning, and usually the pitch of the road changes (driveway, parking lot, etc).

chaselee

Reaction score
All bushings are new. Not sure about core support. Never did it before d60 and lift though

Reaction score
Try the old trick of tightening the fender bolts along the top edges! Don't :rolleyes:, just try it (see the appropriately titled sticky in this section too). Cheers!

chaselee

Reaction score
I just read the sticky that you were talking about. I will check everything Friday when I get off. Thanks for everyones help.

zilla68

Reaction score
Like title says. Did the d60 and 4" last week. Ever since I've got a popping in my driver's front. At first I thought it was just the new/tight ball joints or tie rods, but I've got several hundred miles on it now and no better. Maybe even gotten a little worse. It's only when I'm turning.

i had the same damn issue, drove me crazy tracking it down.

check the mount on the frame where the track bar mounts up on the cross member. mine looked tight and I never would have believed it, but that was it,

Denver

Reaction score
Try the old trick of tightening the fender bolts along the top edges! Don't :rolleyes:, just try it (see the appropriately titled sticky in this section too). Cheers!

I forgot all about this. My 95 did the same thing. Popping noise and it was fender bolts.

chaselee

Reaction score
i had the same damn issue, drove me crazy tracking it down.

check the mount on the frame where the track bar mounts up on the cross member. mine looked tight and I never would have believed it, but that was it,

Ok I'll check that too. Mine has the drop bracket too.

chaselee

Reaction score
I never noticed til this morning on the way home, but quite a bit of the popping I can actually feel in the floorboard too if that makes any sense.

Latest posts