relocated EG T sensors to EG R longevity

gilgamesh

Reaction score
Has anyone else found that EG T sensors relocated from the DP F to the EG R block off plate seem to live a short life? I've cooked 2 of them in the past year.

andrewtac

Reaction score
Been almost a year on same one; though it has been a bit since I turned on the gauges.

gilgamesh

Reaction score
Are either of you running dual fuel? I sorta wonder if they just can't take the heat? Or if I've just had a run of bad luck.

sootie

Reaction score
Are either of you running dual fuel? I sorta wonder if they just can't take the heat? Or if I've just had a run of bad luck.
Or maybe you are experiencing the same failures a large percentage of owners did which caused ford to extend warranty on egt sensors??

cappa

Reaction score
Or maybe you are experiencing the same failures a large percentage of owners did which caused ford to extend warranty on egt sensors??

Is this on all 6.7's? Or just up to a certain year? Mine is a 15 and had been good so far, not sure what year the op's is.

redneck1

Reaction score
I have a 16. On my second one in 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

gilgamesh

Reaction score
Mine is a 2011. I think I've got one sensor left I can use. Once that one bites the dust I'll probably go for an actual Pyro.

mysticblu999

Reaction score
I'm on my last one from my 11. Once it dies, I guess I'll have to go to the dealer and get one. Mine is a job 1.

gilgamesh

Reaction score
I just put in another from the D PF for grins and giggles. It made it to about 1700F using my polynomial then it popped like a fuse.

Latest posts

Members online