Wheel and tire setup for 97 dually

John Buck

Reaction score
i have been looking at 44in boggers with 20in american forces flat black independence wheels for the longest time but still thinking that it might be to much rim which is what i dont want, though the only wheels i actually liked were those american forces independence wheels, seen other people saying 15in wheel are best, but does anyone know a good tire and wheel set that looks good? not to much wheel and not to much tire, this is for my 97 f350 xlt crew cab long bed dually with an 8inch lift and stanced some.

also i dont want to have something that everyone else has.

Last edited:

John Buck

Reaction score
here is a 97 f350 xlt with a 12 inch lift on 44's, i thought it could drop 4 inches for the 8, but what would the absolute minimum lift required to clear 44's be with an inch or three of stancing? wasnt trying to go that high with the 12 inch lift to be honest

Attachments

• 43608713184.476666209.IM1.MAIN.750x1000_A.750x1000.jpg
    43608713184.476666209.IM1.MAIN.750x1000_A.750x1000.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 97 f350 on 44 boggers.jpg
    97 f350 on 44 boggers.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 88
  • lifted 97 on boggers.jpg
    lifted 97 on boggers.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 510515236d2a9ca40e6fcc85b3bddfbc.jpg
    510515236d2a9ca40e6fcc85b3bddfbc.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

John Buck

Reaction score
also thought about putting the 2018 f350 super duty tow mirrors in flat textured black, instead of these old obs tow mirrors, and getting a smoked out black for the turn signal light on it. the truck is going to be all deep volcano gloss black accented and trimmed in flat textured black, dont want to reveal to much of what all i plan to do with the truck but its most certainly going to be one of a kind for sure. will be doing a complete interior swap, seats, dash, steering wheel, headliner, etc. with the 2018 f350 king ranch interior all dyed and blacked out, but the interior is a long way off and by the time i even start to work on it with sound deadening and sanding down to the metal and weather sealing and paint and whatnot, there will be other interiors and things, that will look better than whats out now. This truck will be such a work of art and such a tactical savage mudding 1000hp beast, i have had the image of what my dream truck looks like and the truck pictures i posted earlier in this thread are the closest i have ever seen someone get to my truck. Also plan on having a super small exact replica of my truck sitting in the middle of the dash down to the last detail paint graphics and tires and everything else even the interior and engine builds, just because i thought it would be kind of cool to have.

Attachments

• 2018 f350 tow mirrors.jpg
    2018 f350 tow mirrors.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

John Buck

Reaction score
What do stanced and stancing mean are those even real words?

hahaha ive seen others use those terms in the manner of having the tires stick out further from the side of the truck, spacing out the wheels further from the trucks normal factory setup, as to throw more mud and for some looks i suppose, thought that it would help some with clearance with the 44's trying to only do the absolute minimum lift for them, and what would that be? a 12inch lift clearly gets the job done, and the way you came across was that an 8 inch lift wouldnt clear the 44's, most certainly not without drastic cuts into the fenders and such which i dont want to do at all.

Last edited:

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I had a 9” lift on my 95 and it was perfect for my 38.5 super swampers. You are definitely going to need more lift or cut outs.

sootie

Reaction score
the whole dually bit makes me think it isn't gonna happen either way...

Jason

Reaction score
All of his posts make me think it's never going to happen anyway. Oops! There I go fueling him through hate. I better go find some level heading compassionate Christian people to go surround myself with. Brb....

John Buck

Reaction score
Guy asking about making 1k hp with a 7.3, and possible fuel mileage...now he's asking about 8" lifts and 44" swampers on the damn thing.

1k hp with a 7.3 would be savage and awesome as f**k not sure what youre implying there, fuel mileage was a joke and a funny hypothetical, and i thought 8inch lift could have enough clearance for 44s, 44 boggers look damn good by the way and those pictures i posted earlier looked like it could drop 4 inches or 3, that and i was clearly informed by someone who didnt know that an 8inch couldnt clear 44s in another forum which is why i asked that, calm your self down, you know you can also simply refrain from commenting if you dont have anything constructive to say, thanks for your concern though, have a great rest of your day.

All of his posts make me think it's never going to happen anyway. Oops! There I go fueling him through hate. I better go find some level heading compassionate Christian people to go surround myself with. Brb....

lmfao what? nothing like running into those without honor everywhere one seems to go these days. and im most certainly going to be building this truck, maybe you should try harder in life... mind blown

the whole dually bit makes me think it isn't gonna happen either way...

is there something wrong with duallys now... the f**k?? duallys are awesome, you clearly have no idea what youre talking about, have a great day, lmfao

---------------------------

not sure where all these weird af hater comments are coming from all of a sudden but thats pretty sad and pitiable to see, mouthy comments and immaturity go hand and hand to those without honor that much is pretty damn clear, so well when i do finally have this truck finished how much more hater bs coming from people like yourselves will be nothing short of hilarious more sad and pitiable then anything really seeing how you still wont have grown up at all, i hardly even check this forum thing and to see people with no life blowing up my threads with weird and negative s**t makes me feel sorry for you, hope your lives get better.

Jason

Reaction score
Here's something that is not sad, pitiable, or immature. I'm successful, have a excellent life, and I also...most important part here, understand the proper usages of punctuation, and grammar. No need to feel sorry for me, remember..after all, you are the one daydreaming of having a 1k hp 7.3 dually on 44's..GTFO outta here with that bullsht, and take your sisters perty mouf with you.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
1k hp with a 7.3 would be savage and awesome as f**k not sure what youre implying there, fuel mileage was a joke and a funny hypothetical, and i thought 8inch lift could have enough clearance for 44s, 44 boggers look damn good by the way and those pictures i posted earlier looked like it could drop 4 inches or 3, that and i was clearly informed by someone who didnt know that an 8inch couldnt clear 44s in another forum which is why i asked that, calm your self down, you know you can also simply refrain from commenting if you dont have anything constructive to say, thanks for your concern though, have a great rest of your day.

lmfao what? nothing like running into those without honor everywhere one seems to go these days. and im most certainly going to be building this truck, maybe you should try harder in life... mind blown

is there something wrong with duallys now... the f**k?? duallys are awesome, you clearly have no idea what youre talking about, have a great day, lmfao

---------------------------

not sure where all these weird af hater comments are coming from all of a sudden but thats pretty sad and pitiable to see, mouthy comments and immaturity go hand and hand to those without honor that much is pretty damn clear, so well when i do finally have this truck finished how much more hater bs coming from people like yourselves will be nothing short of hilarious more sad and pitiable then anything really seeing how you still wont have grown up at all, i hardly even check this forum thing and to see people with no life blowing up my threads with weird and negative s**t makes me feel sorry for you, hope your lives get better.

Wow man you are extremely racist.

Jason

Reaction score
With all this rambling about people being hateful, you'd think such an apparently positive person wouldn't waste their time replying to this topic. I guess for someone who's got such an apparently great life, living better than others, with a rent house by the lake, a 21 year old truck, and an infantry pay scale, great life is relative.

Reminds me of the girl who talks about how much she hates drama, yet her life is chock full of it.

Latest posts

Members online