Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket

Old 01-20-2019, 09:26 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default Need help deciding on foglights.

Hey guys. I need some help either going with a hid, led or the morimoto projector fog lights. Has anyone had both? I have projectors and hids for my headlights and wanting to upgrade the fogs. Thanks
Old 01-21-2019, 04:50 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Mine has none right now (XLT) and will be one of my next upgrades. Iíve been researching it quite a bit and will be going with these:

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products...-combo-led.asp

They sell the bracket for our trucks as well. From everything Iíve read these are superior to anything else out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2019, 05:29 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Go with Baja Designs you won't regret it.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:07 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Iím running rigid HID, dot legal fogs. Theyíre incredible. Theyíve got a very definitive cut of do they donít blind oncoming traffic. I can leave them on and rarely get flashed. I drive a lot of single lane highway with a decent amount of wildlife and Iím usually hauling a trailer. These light up the ditches incredibly well.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:29 AM
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

I'm also running Rigid fog lights. They're awesome and match my Lifetime LED headlight bulbs really well.

2013 F350 CC/LB - MPD 64.5, MPD Piping Kit, EZ-Lynk, Leveled, Fuel's
Old 01-24-2019, 06:44 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Rigid dot also. Like em, their brighter than my leds in stock housings. But I hate how the glass is cracked and peeling something fierce
Old 01-30-2019, 08:09 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTC DEEZUL View Post
Rigid dot also. Like em, their brighter than my leds in stock housings. But I hate how the glass is cracked and peeling something fierce
I had mine warrantied for that issue and used the fog light covers in clear. They look great a year after being fixed by rigid. I am unsure if they changed the material or it is the covers keeping them like new. but I am happy now
2015 F250 platinum, flopro 5", jones turbine 5050xl, polished No Limit intake piping & intercooler, jenny craig, sotf gear hedd tune, Rigid DOT fogs, Chinese 40" radius led, Amp steps, weathertechs, Edge CTS2, titan tank, Dieselsite fuel & coolant filter, Blue ox gooseneck, Hellwig bars, retrofit projectors, Linex plat, Retrax cover,full Carli 2.5" backcountry, Fox 2.0 res shocks, Toyo RT 37", OUO ala, bars, truss, levelers
Old 03-03-2019, 03:20 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

does rigid offer fog light covers / lenses for different shading? ie amber or yellow?
Old 03-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPGod View Post
Iím running rigid HID, dot legal fogs. Theyíre incredible. Theyíve got a very definitive cut of do they donít blind oncoming traffic. I can leave them on and rarely get flashed. I drive a lot of single lane highway with a decent amount of wildlife and Iím usually hauling a trailer. These light up the ditches incredibly well.

I have these as well and they throw more light than my headlights, BY FAR. I have a hard time believing they are DOT legal. No one flashes me so they cleary are well cut off as this poster points out. I pull a 39 foot cigarette or a tandem race trailer and they stay well aimed.

I will admit, I can get a little condensation in one of them if it's heavy enough rain for long enough, but you can barely notice it.
2015 F-350 Platinum Dually--Carli Commuter kit with Fox 2.0; Dual Bilstein steering stabilizer by TopGunCustomz; PMF Stage 2 traction bars; PMF 3-link control arms; helper towing airbags; *** ******; No Limit intake and EGR ****** with bypass; SCTx4/CTS2 with IDP tunes; Magnaflow 5" exhaust w/race pipe; 20" American Force Raptors/35x12.5 Toyo AT2 Xtremes; Leer 100XQ cap/ headlights by Retroshop; Recon markers/ custom tails.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:41 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Finally put my Baja Design fog lights in and holy sh!t...these things are BRIGHT. Great thing about these are you can change the lenses out and not void any warranty. Iím definitely pleased.

Putting my HID kit from Diode Dynamics in next time Iím home. Gonna crack my heads too and put clear markers in as well.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:16 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by zutmeloda View Post
does rigid offer fog light covers / lenses for different shading? ie amber or yellow?

Yes they do...
"The Work Truck"