very aggressive throttle response

joshc017

Reaction score
I've read and researched till my eyes are bleeding. I've seen a few old posts about this issue on various forums but I can not find an answer to this.

my 08 only has 51k miles. It's been taken care of. I've had it for a year and bought it from a friend that never did anything with it. He spent the money to have it fully ******d and bought a Spar,tan nDash tuner a few years back. I use it for towing. I have a 12k# 5th wheel and a 5th wheel equipment trailer that I haul a mini excavator on, among other things. The only issue i have with this truck is the extraordinary sensitivity of the throttle. I don't know if it's due to the tuner or it's default, but I'm leaning toward the tuner. When pulling either trailer, it only takes running over a gravel in the driveway and I can go from pleasant driving to violent jerking because of the motion translating from my body to the fuel petal. On my tuner, there is a setting for throttle dampening and it's turned on. I don't know what else to try, but I have got to figure it out before I break something on the drive train. Do you have experience with this kind of issue? If so, please tell me you have a solution.

I just finished reading all the Patriot stuff on here, so I'm up to speed about that situation (finally). I worked with Patriot last summer to upgrade mine to the latest version then.

joshc017

Reaction score
I have the stock file for the truck stored on the nDash, but can't use it due to some things removed from my truck. Unless I'm not reading something right, I have tune called STKNR but it has the exact same parameters listed as every other tune on there.

EPA

Reaction score
I see.. Unfortunately I should have just kept my mouth shut haha... I dont know a lick about 6.4s.. I was hoping to ****** reply before wasting your time haha.

Last edited:

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Update the file.
Call Patriot Diesel, they now Operate *******'s programming.
New 325 tune has better throttle response.
Pretty much like stock until WOT.
I find the old 310 tune more powerful than this 325 tune but w/e.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roccafellas

Reaction score
1 (828) 606-4487

One number I have for Patriot Tech's Service line.

joshc017

Reaction score
They are shut down. Closed, no more, non existent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That sucks too! I'm not left trying to find answers from a company no longer in business or find away to utilize my hardware else where.

Lipka101

Reaction score
Who writes for mini maxx thought they were finished too.

They are no longer supported by H&S but many custom tunes and MCC unlocks are still available from tuning companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ckrueg

Reaction score
They uploaded all the files and tunes to the Facebook group when they shut down. They have updated tunes that shouldn't have the undamped pedal response.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Roccafellas

Reaction score
They uploaded all the files and tunes to the Facebook group when they shut down. They have updated tunes that shouldn't have the undamped pedal response.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks man

Latest posts

Members online