Coolant Temp Gauge Not Working

Reaction score
Coolant gauge was working before I changed my water pump and now it’s not working. I put a new sensor in and it’s still not working. I can jump the harness out and the gauge will move all the way over to hot. What do I need to be looking at now?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Did the new sensor come with a new pigtail?

With,new motors they come with a new sensor and pigtail, that changes it to an eot sensor, and for some reason it does not work with the cluster, even though Ford's genius engineers seem to think it does..,

You may need to swap it back to a coolant temp sensor, which means you'll have to swap the pigtail back.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Reaction score

With,new motors they come with a new sensor and pigtail, that changes it to an eot sensor, and for some reason it does not work with the cluster, even though Ford's genius engineers seem to think it does..,

You may need to swap it back to a coolant temp sensor, which means you'll have to swap the pigtail back.

A new pigtail did not come with it. I’m using the same one that was connected to the old sensor in the old pump before I tried these two other sensors.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score

Did you replace the sensor at the same time as the pump, or replace it to fix the gauge?

Reaction score
Did you replace the sensor at the same time as the pump, or replace it to fix the gauge?

I put a new sensor in when I put a new pump in. When the first one didn’t work I went to another parts store and got another and got the same results .

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Aren't they the same exact part? I changed both of the sensors on my dually at one point and they had the same part number. Lol

live life full throttle

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Aren't they the same exact part? I changed both of the sensors on my dually at one point and they had the same part number. Lol

live life full throttle
I dunno, lol. Seems like every time I swap a motor in one of these I forget about the problem, and then end up having to swap the sensor and pigtail on a hot motor...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I dunno, lol. Seems like every time I swap a motor in one of these I forget about the problem, and then end up having to swap the sensor and pigtail on a hot motor...

Neither of mine came with a pigtail either.

live life full throttle

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Neither of mine came with a pigtail either.

live life full throttle
Hmm, maybe buying the sensor itself, you get the right part. The new for motors come with the new sensor installed, and a pigtail in the crate.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.